Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 21 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Punjab Government launched “Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana”
- Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh launched universal health insurance scheme — Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana — benefiting nearly 46 lakh families.
- Benefit- Annual cashless treatment up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year, including pre-existing diseases.
Note- About Punjab
Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
Population: 2.8 crores (2012)
Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore
♦6 MoU sing between India and Zambia
- Joint press conference in New Delhi with Zambian President Edgar Chagwa Lungu’s, PM Modi said both the countries will increase their participation in the fields of health care, tourism, agriculture, food processing and mining.
- India and Zambia signed six MoUs in several areas including field of geology and mineral resources, defence, and arts and culture. Mr Lungu arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India.
Note About Zambia
Currency: Zambian kwach
President -Edgar Chagwa Lungu’s
♦Indian Railways to ban single-use plastics from October 2
- The Indian Railways has decided to enforce a ban on single-use plastic materials on its premises, including trains, with effect from October 2, 2019.
- A Railway Board communication said that Indian Railways was identified as a “Waste Generator” and had to take adequate preventive measures to follow Plastic Waste Management rules. Accordingly steps should be taken to minimise generation of plastic waste and for its eco-friendly disposal.
♦Karnataka ranks best in roof top solar development
- According to a survey released by the Centre, Karnataka has emerged as the best state for setting up a roof top solar project.
- The state rooftop solar attractiveness index–SARAL released by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
|Last||Jammu and Kashmir|
Note- About Karnataka
Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Dam -Krishna Raja Sagara, Tungabhadra Dam (Tungabhadra River), Bhadra Dam (Bhadra River), Linganamakki dam (Sharavathi river), Malaprabha dam (Malaprabha river), Raja Lakhamagouda dam (Ghataprabha River), Hemavathy Dam (river Hemavathy), Supa Dam (Kali river), Lakya Dam (river Lakhya), Almatti Dam (Krishna River)
♦Knight Frank Prime Global Cities Index 2019, with Delhi in top 10
- National capital New Delhi has emerged as the 10th fastest growing city globally for luxury residential real estate with a rise of 4.4 per cent in capital value over the past one year.
International (Current Affairs)
♦‘India Day’ event promote different aspects of Indian Cultural Diversity in Saudi
- ‘India Day’ was part of the series of events organized by the Embassy to promote different aspects of Indian Cultural Diversity and to impress upon the ‘Soft Power’ of India among the Saudi Nationals.
- Dr. Ausaf Sayeed, Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia inaugurated the event.
- Aim-people to people contacts between India and Saudi Arabia and mentioned that ‘India Day’ would further enhance the understanding of the Indian Cultural Diversity among the Saudi nationals.
Note About Saudi Arabia
Capital: Riyadh Trending
Currency: Saudi riyal
King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP growth set to slow further in quarter 2 (Apr-Jun) quarter to 5.7 per cent: Nomura
- India’s economic growth is set to slow further in the April-June quarter of this year to 5.7 per cent, weak investments and an under-performing service sector, says a Nomura report.
- India’s economic growth slowed to 6.8 per cent in 2018-19 – the slowest pace since 2014-15. There are ominous signs showing that slowdown may be deep.
- “We currently expect GDP growth in Q2 to slow to 5.7 per cent YoY from 5.8 per cent in Q1, before improving to 6.4 per cent YoY in Q3 and 6.7 per cent in Q4,”
♦Infosys expands strategic partnership with Google Cloud
- Infosys on 21 August announced it has expanded its partnership with Google Cloud to become a Google Cloud Managed Service Provider (MSP).
- Aim– “This partnership further strengthens Infosys capabilities to help companies innovate and industrialise analytics, drive accelerated insights for new revenue models, realise savings and achieve faster time to market”
♦Akhilesh Ranjan headed Committee submits report on replacing I-T Act with Direct Tax Code
- A committee headed by CBDT member Akhilesh Ranjan on Monday submitted its report on replacing the Income Tax Act with a new Direct Tax Code.
- The finance ministry in November last year appointed Ranjan, member (legislation) at CBDT, as convenor of the task force after Arbind Modi retired.
- Other members of the task force include Girish Ahuja (chartered accountant), Rajiv Memani (Chairman and Regional Managing Partner of EY), Mukesh Patel (Practicing Tax Advocate), Mansi Kedia (Consultant, ICRIER) and G C Srivastava (retired IRS and Advocate).
- The task force was assigned to draft direct tax laws in line with the norms prevalent in other countries, incorporating international best practices, and keeping in mind the economic needs of the country.
♦CISF won 5 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals in World Police and Fire Games at Chengdu, China
- The World Police and Fire Games-2019 was held from 08-18 August, 2019 at Chengdu, China wherein CISF sports personnel represented India in different sporting events and won ten (10) medals.
Details of achievements of CISF sports personnel in World Police & Fire Games-2019 are as under:-
|S. No.||Rank & Name||Particulars/Events||Medals|
|1.||L/Insp Kuheli Gangulee||Rifle (Shooting)||Gold-1
|2.||L/ASI Jina Devi Chongtham||Judo (78 kg)||Silver-1|
|3.||HC Harmeet||Judo (60 kg)||Gold-1|
|4.||L/HC Meena Kumari Devi||Boxing (54 kg)||Gold-1|
|5.||L/ASI Himani||Discuss Throw||Silver-1|
|6.||L/HC Sangeeta||Pole Vault||Gold-1|
|7.||HC Ankit Rathi||Javelin Throw||Gold-1|
♦World Senior Citizens Day 2019
- Our senior citizens are pioneers of science, medicine, psychology, civil rights and so much more. They deserve the respect and dignity their achievements earn them. People should be encouraged to support senior citizens to live their lives to the fullest and as independently as possible.
♦Madhya Pradesh CM Babulal Gaur Passed away
- Former Madhya Pradesh chief minister and senior BJP leader Babulal Gaur passed away on 21 august morning at a private hospital here after prolonged illness. He is 89year.
- Babulal Gaur Madhya Pradesh chief minister from 2004-2005.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here