Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 22 & 23 June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Saudi Arabia becomes 1st Arab country to get FATF membership
- Saudi Arabia has become the first Arab country to be granted full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) following the group’s annual general meeting in the US.
- The kingdom’s accession came as the global money laundering watchdog celebrated the 30th anniversary of its first meeting held in Paris in 1989, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
- Saudi Arabia which had received an invitation from the FATF at the beginning of 2015 to join as an “observer member”, was admitted into the organization after the group’s meeting in Orlando, Florida, on Friday (June 21).
- Note- About Saudi Arabia
- Capital: Riyadh
- Currency: Saudi riyal
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
Banking and Financial
♦IndusInd Bank fixes 4 July as date for merger with Bharat Financial Inclusion
- IndusInd Bank on Wednesday said 4 July, 2019 will be the effective date of the merger with Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL). M R Rao, current CEO of BFIL, will become the CEO of IndusInd Financial Inclusion Ltd (IFIL).
- The boards of IndusInd and BFIL decided that on 4 July the NCLT Order will be filed by the lender, BFIL and IFIL with the Registrar of Companies. on 10 June, 2019, NCLT sanctioned the scheme of arrangement about BFIL, IndusInd and IFIL and their respective shareholders and creditors.
- The Business Correspondent network of BFIL will operate under IFIL.
♦Dr Gaurav Nigam conferred ‘Innovative Research Excellence Award 2019’ at Asian Leadership Summit, Bhutan
- Dr Gaurav Nigam, a well-known educationist, paediatrician, and the author has been conferred ‘Innovative Research Excellence Award 2019’ at Asian Leadership Summit held at Thimphu, Bhutan.
- Organized by Global Leaders Foundation, Dr Gaurav Nigam was selected for the award for excellence in school education on basis of his excellent performance, splendid achievement and outstanding contribution towards the innovative development and research activities in the field of school education in South Asian Region.
- The award was handed over to Dr Gaurav Nigam by Lyonpo Ugyen Dorji, Minister for Labour and Human Resources, Bhutan.
- Note- About Bhutan
- Capital: Thimphu
- Prime minister: Lotay Tshering
♦Tata Steel re-appoint Narendran as CEO and MD
- Tata Steel Sunday said it will seek shareholders’ nod for the re-appointment of T V Narendran as CEO and MD of the company.
- It will also seek shareholders’ approval for appointment of Vijay Kumar Sharma as a director and reappointment of Mallika Srinivasan and O P Bhatt as independent directors, as per a BSE filing.
- The company’s next Annual General Meeting is scheduled for July 19, 2019 in Mumbai.
- Note- About Tata Steel
- CEO: T. V. Narendran
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 25 August 1907, Jamshedpur
♦Indian Navy Launches ‘Operation Sankalp’ In Persian Gulf Amid Growing Iran-US Tension
- The Indian Navy launched “Operation Sankalp” in the region to reassure Indian flagged vessels transiting through the area. This development comes in wake of suspected attacks on two merchant ships in the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman region. The Navy has deployed stealth guided missile destroyers INS Chennai and patrol vessel INS Sunayna in the region for maritime security operations. Besides, aerial surveillance by naval aircraft was also being undertaken.
♦‘Operation Bandar’: IAF’s code name for Balakot air strikes
- The Indian Air Force mission to bomb a terrorist hideout in Pakistan’s Balakot was codenamed ‘Operation Bandar’, defence sources have revealed to India Today TV. The February 26 cross-border airstrike was a rare instance when the Indian Air Force crossed the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir and bombed targets in Pakistani territory.
- India had termed the airstrike an “intelligence-led, non-military, pre-emptive” operation that targetted a camp run by the Jaish-e-Mohammed in Balakot, a town located in the Pakistan’s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
♦Ashleigh Barty moves to No.1 ranking in women’s tennis
- Ashleigh Barty became only the second Australian woman to top the world rankings when she won the Birmingham WTA title on Sunday, beating Julia Goerges 6-3, 7-5.
- The 23-year-old French Open champion emulates Yvonne Goolagong-Cawley, who held it for a fortnight in 1976.
♦FIH Series Finals: Indian women’s hockey team beats Japan in summit clash
- Indian women eked out a hard fought 3-1 win over the Asian champions at the Hiroshima Hockey Stadium.
- Drag-flicker Gurjit Kaur, who has been on a song, struck twice after skipper Rani Rampal provided the lead as India outplayed Japan 3-1 to clinch the FIH Women’s Series Finals, in Hiroshima on Sunday.
♦Pankaj Advani wins Asian Snooker Championship to register career grand slam
- India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani added another feather in his career cap by winning the Asian Snooker Championship on Friday. Advani also completes the career grand slam with the victory.
- In the final, Advani defeated current Asian 6Red champion, Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon of Thailand 6 frames to 3. Just like the previous match, the final game was also not easy for Advani as he faced tough competition from Thanawat in initial frames.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|