Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 22 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Shri Amit Shah chairs the 24th Meeting of Western Zonal Council at Panaji
- Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah chaired the 24th meeting of the Western Zonal Council at Panaji (Goa) on 22nd August.
- Other Dignitaries attending the meeting included Chief Minister Gujarat, Shri Vijay Rupani, CM Maharashtra, Shri Devendra Fadnavis, CM Goa, Dr. Pramod Sawant and Administrator of the Union Territories of Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Shri Praful Patel and senior officers from the Central and State Governments.
- Purpose-i) West Zone has been instrumental in giving impetus to the Indian economy as the States of the Zone are contributing around 24% to the GDP and 45% to the total exports of the country.
- ii)The Home Minister expressed his deep concern for the flood victims in the States of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa and requested the States to quickly assess the damage caused by the floods and send their requirement to Government of India.
- iii) Action on the Master Plan submitted by Maharashtra Government for utilization of surplus Salt Pan Land for rehabilitation of slum dwellers was discussed at length.
- iv) Coverage of all villages which have hitherto remained without any banking facilities within 5 km radial distance by a Bank/India Post Payments Service.
- v) Innovative solution of encrypted QR Code on Aadhaar card for verifying antecedents of marine fishermen.
- vi) Detailed monitoring mechanism to ensure that investigation and trial of sexual offences/rape against girls below 12 years of age are completed within two months (POCSO Act and Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018] each.
♦HRD Ministry launches NISHTHA scheme
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched the National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancements (NISHTHA) here on 21st August.
- Aim- Training over 42 lakh teachers across the country.
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched the initiative’s website, training modules, primer booklet and mobile app built for the purpose.
Economic and Financial
♦Sheikh Hasina, Sania Mirza to co-chair World Economic Forum’s India Economic Summit
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and tennis star Sania Mirza will be among co-chairs for India Economic Summit to be held here in October by the World Economic Forum, where hundreds of Indian and global leaders would discuss India’s role in South Asia and on the world stage.
- The two-day summit, scheduled for October 3-4, will be held by Geneva-based WEF in collaboration with industry body CII (Confederation of Indian Industry).
- Mirza will co-chair the summit as a sportsperson and the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia.
- Summit Theme- ‘Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World’.
- Purpose- strategic issues of regional significance under four thematic pillars – the new geopolitical reality and new social, ecological and technological systems.
♦Most Powerful Passports Of 2019, India slipped to 86th spot
- The new Henley Passport Index is out, 27 countries were in the top 10 positions on the index.
- Several countries climbed the list to have most powerful passports, while few slipped from their positions, including India.
- Japan retained its top spot as the world’s most powerful passport in 2019 for the second time in a row .Singapore also shared the top spot with Japan in becoming the world’s most travel-friendly passport due to the document’s access to 189 countries.
- India slipped to 86th spot from the previous 79th place with access to 58 countries. The country shared the spot with Mauritania, and Sao Tome and Principe.
♦Akshay Kumar 4th on Forbes highest-paid actors list, Dwayne Johnson on top
- National Award-winning actor Akshay Kumar has made it to the fourth position on the Forbes magazine’s Worlds Highest-Paid Actors Of 2019 list.
- According to the list on forbes.com Akshay has raked in $65 million between June 1, 2018, and June 1, 2019.
World’s Highest-Paid Actors Of 2019 listed by Forbes:
- Dwayne Johnson ($89.4 million)
- Chris Hemsworth ($76.4 million)
- Robert Downey Jr. ($66 million)
- Akshay Kumar ($65 million)
- Jackie Chan ($58 million)
- Bradley Cooper ($57 million)
- Adam Sandler ($57 million)
- Chris Evans ($43.5 million)
- Paul Rudd ($41 million)
- Will Smith ($35 million)
♦Ajay Kumar appointed new Defence Secretary
- Ajay Kumar was on Wednesday appointed the new Defence Secretary. He will replace Sanjay Mitra whose term ends on August 23.
- Subash Chandra, Special Secretary, Department of Defence, is the new Secretary, Department of Defence Production. He will take over from Ajay Kumar.
- Brij Kumar Agarwal has been appointed Secretary to the Lokpal in the rank and pay of Secretary to the Government of India.
♦Rajiv Gauba appointed Cabinet Secretary
- Rajiv Gauba as Cabinet Secretary for two years. His tenure will be effective from August 30, 2019.
- Mr. Gauba will replace P.K. Sinha, who was appointed Cabinet Secretary.
♦JNU Professor Meeta Narain conferred the Pushkin Medal 2019
- Professor Meeta Narain of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has been conferred with the Pushkin Medal, the highest honour given to an Indian scholar by the Russian government.
- She was awarded the medal at an event organised at the Russian Center for Science and Culture earlier this week. The award was given to Narain for her contribution to Russian studies abroad.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here