Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 22 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Tenkasi, Chengalpattu to become new districts in Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami on Thursday announced the creation of two more districts with Tenkasi and Chengalpattu as their headquarters. The move will increase the number of districts to 35 in Tamil Nadu.
- Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Mr. Palaniswami said decision was taken following requests from Ministers, MLAs and the general public that newer districts should be created out of big districts for the benefit of the administration.
Note- About Tamil Nadu
Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Population: 6.79 crores (2012)
♦Jala Jatara’ celebrated to mark KLIP launch in Telangana
- The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) public representatives including Ministers in the State Cabinet, MLAs, MLCs and others belonging to the erstwhile Adilabad and Karimnagar districts on Tuesday celebrated the launch of Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) by conducting a ‘Jala Jatara’ or water fair at Annaram barrage in Chennur mandal of Mancherial district.
- They performed a special puja at the barrage and made floral offerings besides addressing a large gathering as part of the celebrations. Among those who attended the festival-like event were Ministers A. Indrakaran Reddy, Koppula Eshwar, MLAs Balka Suman, Korukanti Chander and N. Diwakar Rao, MLCs Puranam Satish, Naradasu Laxman Rao, Mancherial Zilla Parishad Chairperson Nallala Bhagyalaxmi and Peddapalli ZP chairperson Putta Madhu. The barrage is part of the KLIP.
Note- About Telangana
Founded: 2 June 2014
Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Banking and Financial
♦Digital media to reach $5.1 bn by 2021: Report
- With the increasing large base of internet users, digital media in the country is expected to overtake film entertainment in 2019 and print by 2021 to reach USD 5.1 billion in 2021, according to a FICCI-EY report.
- Film segment was valued at USD 2.5 billion in 2018 and estimated to be USD 2.8 billion in 2019, while print was valued at USD 4.4 billion in 2018 and estimated to reach USD 4.8 billion in 2021.
- Digital media grew by 42 per cent in 2018, valued at USD 2.4 billion, it said noting that Indians spent 30 per cent of their phone time on entertainment. It expects the digital medium to be USD 3.2 billion in 2019.
- India has the world’s second-highest number of internet users after China, with around 570 million internet subscribers, growing at a rate of 13 per cent annually.
♦Carnatic vocalist S. Sowmya chosen for Sangita Kalanidhi award
- Noted vocalist S. Sowmya has been chosen for the Sangita Kalanidhi award of the Music Academy and she will preside over 93rd annual conference of the Academy to be held between December 12, 2019, and January 1, 2020.
- “She is a high-calibre vocalist who has an intellectual approach towards Carnatic music,” said N. Murali, president of the Academy, said.
- A student of Dr. S. Ramanathan and T. Mukta, Ms. Sowmya equally excelled in her academic pursuit and obtained a doctorate from the Madras University.
♦Chandrayaan-2 (GSLV MK-III) goes up successfully, places satellite in orbit
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) got more than what it bargained for on Monday, after the Chandrayaan-2 mission lifted off successfully at 2.43 p.m. from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, SHAR, on its second attempt to place the satellite at an orbit 6,000 km more than what was intended.
- The mission would see the lander and rover modules of the spacecraft make a soft-landing on the moon’s surface 48 days from now, on September 7. Both of them will be ‘alive’ there for 14 days, during which they will carry out various experiments and collect data.
Note About ISRO
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
♦Boxer Shiva Thapa First Indian To Win Gold In Kazakhstan President’s Cup
- Four-time Asian medallist Shiva Thapa became India’s first gold-medallist at the President’s Cup boxing tournament after getting a walkover in the finals in Astana, Kazakhstan on Saturday. Making his international debut in the newly-introduced Olympic category of 63kg, Thapa was to fight Kazakhstan’s Zakir Safiullin in the summit clash but his opponent had to pull out due to injury.
- Thapa had lost to Safiullin in the Asian Championship semifinal earlier this year. Signing off with a silver medal was woman boxer Parveen (60kg) who lost her final bout to local hope Rimma Volosenko.
Note- About Kazakhstan
- President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
- Capital: Nur-Sultan
- Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
♦Adam Peaty breaks 57-second barrier and 100m breaststroke world record
- Adam Peaty has broken his own world record in the men’s 100 metre breaststroke at the World Championships in Gwangju, South Korea. Peaty, 24, smashed the previous record of 57.10 seconds he set at last year’s European Championships to win in 56.88.
- In doing so, the Britain achieved one of his career goals of becoming the first man to break the 57-second barrier in the event. Peaty finished close to two seconds ahead of China’s Yan Zibei, who finished the first semi-final in second place in 58.67, with fellow Briton James Wilby third in 58.83.
♦Australian tennis champion Peter McNamara dies aged 64 after cancer battle
- Australia’s Peter McNamara, who won three doubles Grand Slam titles and became a prominent coach after hanging up his racquet, has died at the age of 64 after a quiet battle with cancer.
- Melbourne man McNamara won five singles titles and 19 in doubles and teamed up with compatriot Paul McNamee to win the Australian Open doubles in 1979 and Wimbledon twice in 1980 and 1982.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|