Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 22 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
♦Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai make it on new global prosperity index
- Bangalore emerged as India’s highest ranked city at No. 83 in a new index of the world’s 113 cities in terms of economic and social inclusivity, topped by Zurich in Switzerland.
- The first-ever Prosperity & Inclusion City Seal and Awards (PICSA) Index, released in the Basque institutions and compiled by D&L Partners, Country capital of Bilbao in northern Spain on 21st November, is designed to showcase not only the quantity of economic growth of a city but also its quality and distribution across populations.
|1||Zurich in Switzerland|
♦2019 Global Terrorism Index
- Deaths from terrorism have decreased by 2 per cent in 2018 to 15,952 globally. This is the fourth consecutive year of improvement.
- The number of countries recording a death from terrorism increased from 67 countries to 71 in 2018.
- Afghanistan had the largest increase in deaths from terrorism, up by 59 per cent from the prior year, and is now at the bottom of the index.
- For the first time since 2003, Iraq was not the country most impacted by terrorism.
- Other than Afghanistan only three other countries — Nigeria, Mali and Mozambique — recorded a substantial increase in deaths from terrorism in 2018.
- As per the report published by Forbes, India ranks seventh the among top 10 countries most affected by terrorism.
- The most affected area in India was Jammu and Kashmir where 123 people were killed in 321 terror attacks.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI sets up 3-member panel to assist DHFL administrator
- The Reserve Bank has constituted a three-member Advisory Committee to assist the Administrator of DHFL in discharge of his duties. The members of the Advisory Committee are Rajiv Lall, Non-Executive Chairman, IDFC First Bank Ltd; N S Kannan, Managing Director and CEO, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co; and NS Venkatesh, Chief Executive, Association of Mutual Funds in India.
- The decision “owing to governance concerns and defaults by DHFL in meeting various payment obligations”.
♦OECD cuts global 2020 growth forecast
- The OECD trimmed its 2020 global economic growth forecast and said it did not see a strong rebound in 2021 owing to risks stemming from trade tensions.
- The Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development now estimates that business activity around the world will expand by 9 per cent next year, a decline of 0.1 percentage points from a previous forecast issued in September.
- In 2021, the OECD, which groups the world’s wealthiest nations, sees global economic growth edging back up to 3.0 per cent, according to its November 2019 Economic Outlook.
Note: About OECD
Headquarters: Paris, France
Founded: 30 September 1961
♦First Indian To Win Mr Universe Title At Bodybuilding Event
- Chitharesh Natesan, a Delhi-based bodybuilder from Kochi, became the first Indian to win the Mr Universe 2019 crown at the World Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship that was staged in Jeju, South Korea.
- In a championship where as many as 38 countries participated, India won a rich haul of 23 medals, including 6 gold, 13 silver and 4 bronze medals. India also secured second place in the team championship category, finishing behind Thailand.
♦International Children’s Peace Prize 2019 Awarded to Divina Maloum and Greta Thunberg
- Divina Maloum from Cameroon and Greta Thunberg from Sweden both received the International Children’s Peace Prize 2019. Divina received the International Children’s Peace Prize for her peaceful fight against extremist violence and radicalization. Greta received the prize for her international student climate activism.
♦Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019
- Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019 were conferred upon top-ranked states, Union Territories (UTs), and districts in the various categories by the Ministry of Jal Shakti in New Delhi.
- Aims: Develop rankings of all districts of India on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation (Swachhta) parameters.
Top 3 States–
1) Tamil Nadu
Top 3 Districts–
1) Peddapalli (Telangana)
2) Faridabad (Haryana)
3) Rewari (Haryana)
♦Oxford Dictionaries declares ‘climate emergency’ the word of 2019
- Oxford Dictionaries has declared “climate emergency” the word of the year for 2019, following a hundred-fold increase in usage that it says demonstrated a “greater immediacy” in the way we talk about the climate.
♦Lieutenant Shivangi First woman pilot of Indian Navy
- First woman pilot of Indian Navy will join Naval operations here on December 2, two days ahead of Navy Day on December 4.
- The first woman pilot, Lieutenant Shivangi, will join naval operations on completion of operational training here on December 2.
- “Shivangi will graduate to become the First female Pilot of Indian Navy. She hails from Muzzafarpur, Bihar and completed her schooling from DAV Public school, Muzzafarpur.
♦NIA to host first counter-terrorism cooperation exercise for ‘Quad’ countries
- The National Investigation Agency is hosting the first counter-terrorism exercise for the “Quad” countries — India, the US, Japan and Australia — at the NIA headquarters in Delhi on November 21 and 22.
- The ‘CT-TTX’ (counter-terrorism table-top exercise) is first such engagement among the Quad countries on regional and global issues of common interest and also in the domain of counter-terrorism and cooperation.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here