Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 22 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India and Switzerland decide to carry forward working together in the area of Rail Transport
- India and Switzerland decide to carry forward working together in the Rail Transport sector.
- The two sides at meetings that concluded last evening have followed upon the 1st meeting of Joint Working Group (JWG) held between two sides after the MoU for cooperation in rail sector was signed in 2017.
- The Indian side was led by the Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal at thesehigh-level delegation levelmeetings. The Swiss delegation comprising Swiss Officials from Department of Transport and representatives from Swiss companies was led by Her Excellency Simonetta Sommaruga, Hon’ble Federal Councilor and Head of the Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy & Communications.
Note: About Switzerland
- Currency: Swiss franc
- Capital: Bern
- President: Ueli” Maurer
♦PM meets with the JP Morgan International Council in New Delhi
- PM met with the JP Morgan International Council in New Delhi on 22nd October. After 2007, this was the first time that the International Council met in India.
- The International Council comprises of global statesmen like former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, former Australian PM John Howard, former US Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of Defence Robert Gates as well as leading figures from the world of business and finance like Jamie Dimon (JP Morgan Chase), Ratan Tata (Tata Group) and leading representatives from global companies like Nestle, Alibaba, Alfa, Iberdola, Kraft Heinz etc.
- India, Prime Minister discussed his vision for making India a USD 5 trillion economy by 2024.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Justin Trudeau wins Canada elections, but loses majority
- The Liberals had won or were leading in 156 out of 338 seats in Monday’s vote, according to Elections Canada. That put the Liberals far short of the 170 seats needed for a second straight majority government.
Note: About Canada
- Prime minister: Justin Trudeau
- Capital: Ottawa
- Currency: Canadian dollar
♦The 18th NAM Summit to be held in Baku, Azerbaijan
- The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit has been scheduled to be held between 25 October and 26 October 2019 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The 18th NAM summit 2019 will be preceded by Ministerial meetings and senior official meetings.
- The 18th Summit Conference of the NAM will be hosted in October 2019 by H.E. Mr. Ilham Aliyev, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu will lead the Indian delegation at 18th NAM Summit.
Note: About Azerbaijan
- Capital: Baku
- Currency: Azerbaijani manat
- President: H.E. Mr. Ilham Aliyev
Banking and Financial
♦RBI Steps In To Raise Deposit Insurance Cover For Customers From Rs 100,000
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has told its subsidiary Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) to create a risk-based system for collecting premiums from banks to cover the deposit insurance of customers.
- The RBI feels that a move to charge banks, depending upon how risky they are, is a prerequisite for hiking the bank deposit insurance limit of customers from Rs 1 lakh at present, a central bank executive said. According to sources, the central board of the RBI, which met in Chandigarh on October 11, had a detailed deliberation on the proposal to hike the deposit.
♦Gully Boy, Delhi Crime Win Big at Asian Academy Creative Awards
- Gully Boy has won at the Asian Academy Creative Awards. Co-producer Farhan Akhtar took to Twitter to congratulate the film’s team for the win.
- Netflix series Delhi Crime also won in a number of categories. Delhi Crime won for Best Actress, Best Direction, Best Drama Series, Best Editing and Best Original Programme. Lead actress Shefali Shah took to Twitter to celebrate the show’s win.
♦Govt. appoints Pankaj Kumar as new UIDAI chief
- The government on 22nd October appointed 1987 batch IAS officer Pankaj Kumar as the new CEO of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Kumar is currently Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. UIDAI is a statutory authority under the Ministry of Electronics and IT, with the mandate to issue Unique Identification numbers (UID) or Aadhaar cards.
♦Braj Raj Sharma appointed new chairman of Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Braj Raj Sharma appointed new chairman of Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- The appointments were approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- According to the official order, Braj Raj Sharma, a 1984 batch IAS officer working as Secretary in the Home Ministry’s Department of Border Management, has been given the charge of SSC chairman.
♦2024 Olympic Games logo unveiled in Paris
- The logo for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games unveiled at a ceremony in the French capital.
- The circular design with Paris 2024 in the art deco style which was in vogue in 1924 when Paris last hosted the Games, also incorporates the lips and outline of Marianne, the personification of the French Republic since the revolution in 1789.
♦India’s Riya Bhatia wins ITF title in Nigeria
- Riya Bhatia beat Nastja Kolar of Slovenia 7-5, 1-6, 6-3 in the final of the $25,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament in Lagos, Nigeria, on 21 October.
- Except for losing her way in the second set, it was a dominant performance by the 22-year-old Riya, ranked 516, against the Slovenian, who had reached a career-best rank of 178 in singles and 140 in doubles.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|