Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 23 & 24 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦Chenani Nashari Tunnel renamed after Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSME Shri Nitin Gadkari and Shri Jitendra Singh, MoS (I/C) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space announced renaming of Chenani Nashri Tunnel on NH 44 in Jammu & Kashmir as Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee Tunnel in an event in New Delhi on 24 October.
- About Turnal: This 9 km tunnel is the longest such state of art tunnel in the country, connecting Udhampur to Ramban in Jammu.
♦New Delhi to Host First “Global Bio-India 2019” Summit from 21st – 23rd November
- The Global Bio-India 2019, one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders conglomerate will be held for the first time in India at New Delhi from 21st to 23rd November, 2019. Announcing this at a Curtain Raiser in Delhi today, the Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan said“India for the first time is hosting a mega event for the biotech community to attract investments, showcase our indigenous strengths and more importantly fuel the hopes and aspirations of the indigenous talent pool”.
♦“Crime in India-2017”, NCRB report
- The latest annual crime data, “Crime in India-2017”, released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). There was an increase of 3.6 per cent in criminal cases in 2017 compared to 2016.
- Uttar Pradesh was followed by Maharashtra with 31,979 cases and West Bengal 30,002 cases.
- Interestingly, Delhi, which came to be known as the rape capital after the 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape case, saw a decline in crime against women for the third straight year, with 13,076 FIRs being registered in 2017, down from 15,310 in 2016 and 17,222 in 2015.
- In 2017, Madhya Pradesh registered maximum number of rape cases at 5562, 97.5% of which were committed by known persons. Rajasthan followed next with 3,305 cases out of which 87.9% of the perpetrators were known to the victim. In Maharashtra, 98.1% rape cases were against friends, associates or relatives.
♦IITs dominate in QS India University rankings, IIT Bombay leads the pack
- The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) rule the roost in the QS India University Rankings released on Tuesday, with seven of them figuring among the top 10 institutes. IIT Bombay is the top-rated Indian institute for the second time running, with IISc Bangalore continuing in second place.
|7||University of Delhi|
|8||University of Hyderabad|
|10||and IIT Guwahati|
♦India jumps to 63rd position in World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020 report
- India has moved 14 places to be 63rd among 190 nations in the World Bank’s ease of doing business ranking.
- The country was 77th among 190 countries in the previous ranking last year, an improvement by 23 places. The report assess improvement in ease of doing business environment in Delhi and Mumbai.
Banking and Financial
♦Govt approves BSNL-MTNL merger, clears Rs 70,000-crore relief package
- Two public sector telecom behemoths — Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL). While approving a package of nearly Rs 70,000 crore for the two financially stressed entities, the Union Cabinet on 23 October also drew up a timeline to merge them.
- The relief package includes a sovereign bond issue worth Rs 15,000 crore, to be serviced by the two telcos. Also, BSNL and MTNL will be allotted 4G spectrum at an administered price, pegged at the 2016 auction value. The two firms would be allotted 4G spectrum worth Rs 20,140 crore, Rs 29,937 crore for VRS covering 50 per cent of their employees and Rs 3,674 crore for goods and services tax (GST) that will be levied on allocation of radiowaves.
♦ Vreedhi Financial Services receives an NBFC licence
- Vreedhi Financial Services (VFS) has secured a non banking finance company licence from the Reserve Bank of India and aims to offer credit and other services to micro enterprises operating in tier two three cities and small towns.
- Company will create a digital lending model by the next financial year. The company aims to address the gap between the addressable and viable credit in the micro enterprises space.
♦Pine Labs partners with SBI; offers EMI facility for its debit card customers
- Pine Labs, a merchant-focussed company, announced strengthen its Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) The company also announced a new addition in its ecosystem of bank partners with the strategic alliance with State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest bank.
- This partnership will enable SBI to extend EMI facility to its existing debit card customers via Pine Labs’ point-of-sale (POS) machines at 40,000+ merchants and stores in 1,500+ cities.
♦MSME’s To Benefit As GeM Signs MoU With Federal Bank For Payment Services
- The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Federal Bank to offer a number of services including transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG) and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) to the registered users on the portal.
- Benefit: Facilitate a cashless, paperless and transparent payment system on the portal and would create an efficient procurement system for government entities.
♦Graeme Smith elected MCC Honorary Life Member
- Former South Africa skipper Graeme Smith has been elected an Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), custodians of the game’s law.
- Smith, who has an impressive record in One-Day International, scoring 6,989 runs including ten centuries, expressed his excitement on being bestowed upon the honour.
♦Deepika Padukone, PV Sindhu brand ambassadors of PM Modi’s ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ initiative
- Actor Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu on October 22 were named the ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’, an initiative by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Aims: bringing commendable work done by women across the nation to light ahead of the Diwali festival.
- The prime minister shared a video on the new campaign underscoring the cause of women empowerment.
♦Praveen Kumar won gold in Wushu World Championship
- Praveen Kumar made history on 24th October as he became the first Indian man to win a gold medal at the Wushu World Championships. Praveen’s phenomenal feat came after he defeated Philippines’ Russel Diaz in the 48kg category.
- 15th World Wushu Championships held in Shanghai.
♦World Military Games: Anandan Gunasekaran opens India’s account, wins two gold medals
- Para-athlete Anandan Gunasekaran scooped two gold medals in the disabled men’s 100m and 400m IT1 events to open India’s medal account at the 7th CISM World Military Games here on 23 October.
- 32-year-old Indian clinched his second gold by clocking 53.35 seconds in the disabled men’s 400m IT1 event. Colombia’s Teodicelo (58.95) and Ranchin Mickael (1:00.31) took the silver and bronze, respectively.
♦Pro Kabaddi 2019: The Bengal Warriors won
- Bengal Warriors etched its name in Pro Kabaddi League history as it lifted its maiden title. Led by Iranian Mohammed Esmaeil Nabibakhsh, Warriors beat Dabang Delhi 39-34 to become PKL’s fifth champion in seven seasons.
♦Army’s exercise ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’ in deserts of Rajasthan
- Military exercises, the ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’ in the deserts of Rajasthan from November 29 to December 4 to evaluate the capability of the Defence forces to strike deep into enemy territory in an integrated air-land battle.
- Sindhu Sudarshan will witness more than 40,000 troops in an all-arms battle array of divisions and brigades carrying out offensive operations in deserts. This will provide the unique opportunity to employ entire mechanised formations consisting of tanks and Infantry Combat Vehicles (ICVs) in order to evaluate the capability to strike deep along Western Borders.
♦24 October: United Nations Day
- UN Day marks the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter. With the ratification of this founding document by the majority of its signatories, including the five permanent members of the Security Council, the United Nations officially came into being.
- 24 October has been celebrated as United Nations Day since 1948. In 1971, the United Nations General Assembly recommended that the day be observed by Member States as a public holiday.
- UN75: 2020 and Beyond – Shaping Our Future Together
Book & Author
♦A new book entitled “Ten Studies in Kashmir: History and Politics was released
- A book titled Ten Studies in Kashmir: History and Politics by educationist and Padma Shri recipient Prof K N Pandit was released at a function at the Jammu University.
- It was released by the vice-chancellors of various universities.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|