Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 24 & 25 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Bollywood Actor Shah Rukh Khan launches heritage postal stamp of Bandra station
- Shah Rukh Khan introduced a new heritage postal stamp of the recently renovated Bandra Railway Station in Mumbai on 23 August. The new postal stamp has been launched on the completion of 130 years of Bandra railway station.
International (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi launches RuPay card in UAE
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched the RuPay card here, making the UAE the first country in the Middle East to initiate the Indian indigenous system of electronic payment.
- RuPay card scheme was launched in 2012 to fulfil the Reserve Bank of India’s vision to have a domestic, open and multilateral system of payments.
UAE is third country launched the RuPay card after Singapore and Bhutan.
- Note- About UAE
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
♦Fragile States Index 2019
- Fragile States Index 2019. The Fragile States Index, produced by The Fund for Peace, is a critical tool in highlighting not only the normal pressures that all states experience, but also in identifying when those pressures are pushing a state towards the brink of failure.
|5||Democratic Republic of Congo|
|6||Central African Republic|
♦Statue of Unity, Mumbai’s Soho House among Time’s 100 greatest places in world
- The 597-ft tall ‘Statue of Unity’ in Gujarat and Mumbai’s Soho House have been featured by the Time magazine in its second annual list of the 2019, 100 World’s greatest places.
- ‘Statue of Unity’ – ‘Statue of Unity’ Standing tall at 597 ft on an island in the Narmada River. The statue towers over the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat,
- Soho House – Mumbai’s chic Soho House is located in an 11-storey building overlooking the Arabian Sea. It houses a library, a cinema with 34 seats and a rooftop bar and pool.
Science and Technology
♦NASA investigating first crime committed in space
- S. space agency NASA is investigating what may be the first crime committed in outer space.
- Astronaut Anne McClain is accused of identity theft and improperly accessing her estranged wife’s private financial records while on a sixth-month mission aboard the International Space Station (ISS).
- The astronaut’s spouse Summer Worden filed a complaint earlier this year with the Federal Trade Commission after learning McClain had accessed her bank account without permission, while Worden’s family filed another with NASA’s Office of Inspector General.
Note- About NASA
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Founded: 29 July 1958
♦Intel launches first artificial intelligence chip Springhill
- Intel Corp on Tuesday launched its latest processor, its first using artificial intelligence (AI), designed for large computing centres.
- The chip, developed at its development facility in Haifa, Israel, is known as Nervana NNP-I or Springhill and is based on a 10 nanometre Ice Lake processor that will allow it to cope with high workloads using minimal amounts of energy.
- Intel said its first AI product comes after it had invested more than $120 million in three AI startups in Israel.
- New hardware chip will help Intel Xeon processors in large companies as the need for complicated computations in the AI field increases.
♦P.V. Sindhu becomes first Indian to won Badminton World Championships gold
- P.V. Sindhu on 25 August became the first Indian to win a Badminton World Championships gold by beating familiar rival Nozomi Okuhara of Japan in a lop-sided final.
- BWF World Championships is a badminton tournament which is held from 19 to 25 August 2019 at St. Jakobshalle in Basel, Switzerland.
- Sindhu career Achievement – Sindhu has also won an Olympic silver in 2016 Rio Games, a silver at Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, an Asian Games silver at Jakarta and the BWF World Tour Finals last year.
♦India won Gold in World Archery Youth Championships
- India clinched a gold medal in the compound junior mixed team event of the World Archery Youth Championships in Madrid on 24 august.
- Sukhbeer Singh and Raginee Markoo prevailed over their Swiss opponents Andrea Vallaro and Janine Hunsperger 152-147 to clinch their second medal of the tournament.
- Sukhbeer already had won a bronze in the junior compound team event on 23 August.
♦Arun Jaitley, Senior BJP Leader and Former financial Minister, Dies At 66
- Arun Jaitley, former Finance Minister and the chief troubleshooter of the BJP, died at Delhi’s AIIMS hospital.
- Two weeks after he was admitted following complaints of breathlessness.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here