Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 25 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MoU between India and Maldives for passenger and Cargo Services
- In a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, the Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) and Chemical & Fertilizers informed that India and Maldives had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Passenger and Cargo Services in Male last month.
- The objective of the MoU is to improve people to people contact between the two countries by providing an alternate, direct and less expensive means for transport for passengers and goods. It also aims to advance economic, social and cultural ties between the two countries.
Note- About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦International shark meet held in Kochi
- Eminent researchers from across the globe working on shark trade and representatives from the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations will meet here this week to discuss the priorities in monitoring shark and ray fisheries, trade and market chain assessment.
- The four-day international panel discussion is being organised at the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) here from Wednesday.
- A CMFRI release said the global event is jointly organized by the institute and the FAO under the collaborative research project of the two entities on sharks and rays non-fin commodities.
- The meet, which is a first-of-its-kind event in India, would set up a platform for researchers from across the globe working on shark and ray trade to share their experience in the field.
Note- About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Banking and Financial
♦ADB sanctions Rs 1925 Cr for power projects in Tripura
- Asian Development Bank has sanctioned 1,925 crore rupees project for upgradation of power generation and distribution in Tripura.
- Deputy Chief Minister and Power Minister Jishnu Dev Varma told reporters in Agartala that the amount was recently sanctioned to the Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited after the state government had sought the ADB’s assistance.
- Mr Varma said that the project has been sanctioned for upgrading capacity of 63 MW Rokhia Project to 120 MW at an estimated cost of over 699 crore and modernising Gumti Hydro Electric Project at an estimated cost of nearly 1225 crore rupees.
Note- About Tripura
- Capital: Agartala
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
- Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
♦RBI Appoints BP Kanungo to Run Monetary Policy after Viral Acharya Resigns
- With the exit of Viral Acharya, the Reserve Bank on Tuesday rejigged portfolios of the other three deputy governors giving the important monetary policy and forecasting department to BP Kanungo, an official release said.
- The monetary policy department, including forecasting and modelling unit, was earlier looked after by Acharya, who ended his stint as the deputy governor after last month’s surprise resignation where the outspoken academic chose to cut short his time in office.
- Now, all the other three deputy governors — N S Vishwanathan, BP Kanungo and M K Jain — have been made responsible for 12 departments each.
- In addition to his earlier portfolios, Kanungo will also look after economic and policy research and statistics and information management.
♦Facebook set to pay $5 billion fine for privacy violations
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is set to announce on Wednesday that Facebook has agreed to a sweeping settlement of significant allegations it mishandled user privacy and pay $5 billion, two people briefed on the matter said.
- As part of the settlement, Facebook will agree to create a board committee on privacy and will agree to new executive certifications that users’ privacy is being properly protected, the people said.
- Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg will have to certify every three months that the company is properly safeguarding user privacy, a person briefed on the matter said.
Note- About Facebook
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- CFO: David Wehner
♦Ajay Bhalla to be new Home Secretary
- The Modi government on Wednesday reshuffled over a dozen Secretaries.
- A 1984 batch IAS officer and currently Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ajay Kumar Bhalla has been appointed Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to the Ministry of Home Affairs with immediate effect. He will take over as Home Secretary from incumbent Rajive Gauba.
- Mr. Bhalla will have a fixed two-year tenure as Union Home Secretary till August 2021.
♦Priti Patel Appointed UK’s First Indian-Origin Home Secretary
- Priti Patel, an ardent Brexiteer who was among the most vocal critics of Theresa May’s Brexit strategy, on Wednesday took charge as Britain’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary in the newly-unveiled Boris Johnson Cabinet.
- Priti Patel had been a prominent member of the “Back Boris” campaign for the Conservative Party leadership and was widely tipped for the plum post in his frontline team.
♦Atanu Chakraborty appointed Economic Affairs Secretary
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Atanu Chakraborty as the Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs. Chakraborty, a 1985 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, was earlier posted as the Secretary, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) under Ministry of Finance. Anil Kumar Khachi, a 1986 batch IAS officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre, will replace Chakraborty as the DIPAM Secretary.
- Chakraborty will succeed Subhash Chandra Garg as the Economic Affairs Secretary. In the recent list of appointments, Garg has been named Secretary, Ministry of Power. He will replace Ajay Kumar Bhalla.
♦SC Garg appointed as a power secretary
- Former finance and economic affairs secretary Subhash Chandra Garg will assume the charge of power secretary on Friday. This comes in the backdrop of Garg submitting his voluntary retirement service (VRS) application late Wednesday.
♦India’s Kishen Narsi appointed Chairman of ASBC’s Competition Commission
- India’s Kishen Narsi has been appointed as the Chairman of Asian Boxing Confederation’s (ASBC) Competitions Commission.
- The ASBC President Anas Naser Al Otaiba confirmed the development through a letter addressed to Narsi.
- “Based on the authority vested in me by ASBC Constitution Article 38.3/F, I would like to inform you that you have been appointed as ASBC Competitions Commission Chairman,” the Asian body’s President wrote in his letter.
- “Your vast experience and your passion in boxing led us to take the decision with full confidence that you will be able to add value to ASBC.”
♦World Swimming Championships: Australian quartet sets a new World mark
- The Americans got ailing Katie Ledecky back. They just couldn’t overcome a World record by the Australians at the World Championships.
- Ledecky returned after two days out of the pool while being sick to swim in the 4x200m freestyle relay. She rallied the U.S. to the lead on her second leg, but it wasn’t enough to defend the title from 2017.
- The Australian quartet of Ariarne Titmus, Madison Wilson, Brianna Throssell and Emma McKeon won in 7 minutes, 41.50 seconds to erase the old mark of 7:42.08 set by China at the 2009 Worlds.
- It was still a big night for the U.S. team with with Caeleb Dressel and Olivia Smoliga winning golds.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here