Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 26 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Karnataka to have 3 Deputy Chief Ministers
- A month after S. Yediyurappa took over as Chief Minister of Karnataka, portfolios were finally allocated on August 26 to the 17 Ministers sworn in earlier and three Deputy Chief Ministers named to work alongside him.
- The Deputy Chief Minister are: Govind Karjol (68), C.N. Ashwath Narayan (51) and Lakshman Savadi (59).
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
♦MoU Signed between Department of Social Justice & Empowerment and National AIDS Control Organization
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed here today between the Department of Social Justice, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and National AIDS Control Organization (NACO,)Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- i)Inclusion of target groups of NACO and National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR) in the programmes of NAPDDR & NACO for awareness generation.
- ii) Enhanced linkages and effective co-ordination between Injecting Drug Users Targeted Intervention (IDUs-TI) supported by NACO and Integrated rehabilitation center for Addicts (IRCAs) supported by DSJE.
- iii) Create awareness and educate people about the ill-effects of drugs abuse on the individual, family, workplace and the society at large and reduce stigmatization of and discrimination against, groups and individuals dependent on drugs in order to integrate them back into the society;
- iv) Develop human resources and build capacity in order to strengthen the service delivery mechanisms for drug addiction treatment.
- v) Developing welfare scheme aiming at social inclusion and empowerment of Transgender which face extreme social alienation enhancing their vulnerability to HIV and drug abuse.
- vi) Reduced incidence of social stigma and discrimination again victims of drug abuse and Children and People Living with HIV/AIDS through programme education setting.
International (Current affairs)
♦45th G7 Summit begins in Biarritz, France
- The 45th G7 summit is being held from 24th August to 26th August 2019 in the coastal town of Biarritz in France.
- This G7 Summit is being attended by Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada; Emmanuel Macron, President of France; Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany; Guiseppe Conte, Prime Minister of Italy; Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan; Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom; and Donald Trump, President of the United States of America.
- The heads of state of Australia – Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Chile – President Sebastian Pinera, Egypt – President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, India – Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Spain – Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez, and Rwanda – President Paul Kagame have been invited to the Outreach Session of the summit.
- The summit is being held in the backdrop of trade wars between the United States and China, and environmental concerns around the fires raging in the Amazon forest.
- About G7- The Group of Seven (G7) is an international intergovernmental economic organization consisting of the seven largest IMF-described advanced economies in the world: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States; between 1997 and 2014, the group included Russia and was known as the Group of Eight, and had for a year been known as the Group of Six before the 1976 inclusion of Canada.
♦Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List Of Highest Paid Actresses
- Scarlett Johansson has been named as the highest paid actress second time in a row by Forbes in their recently released list. Forbes ranks Scarlett Johansson at the top of their list again, with earnings of $56 million and attributes a chunk of the hefty sum to her association with Marvel Cinematic Universe.
2019 Forbes Highest-Paid Actresses:
|1||Scarlett Johansson||$56 million|
|2||Sofia Vergara||$44.1 million|
|3||Reese Witherspoon||$35 million|
|4||Nicole Kidman||$34 million|
|5||Jennifer Aniston||$28 million|
|6||Kaley Cuoco||$25 million|
|7||Elisabeth Moss||$24 million|
|8||Margot Robbie||$23.5 million|
|9||Charlize Theron||$23 million|
|10||Ellen Pompeo||$22 million
Banking and Financial
♦RBI board approves transfer of ₹1.76 lakh cr. to government
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 26 August approved the transfer of record ₹1.76 lakh crore dividend and surplus reserves to the government, boosting Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led regime’s prospect to stimulate the slowing economy without widening fiscal deficit.
- Governor Shaktikanta Das-led RBI central board gave its nod for transferring to the the government a sum of ₹1,76,051 crore comprising ₹1,23,414 crore of surplus for the year 2018-19 and ₹52,637 crore of excess provisions identified as per the revised Economic Capital Framework (ECF), the apex bank.
♦T.M. Bhasin is head of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF) committee
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has constituted an Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF) headed by former Vigilance Commissioner M. Bhasin to examine bank fraud of over ₹50 crore and recommend action.
- The panel in its previous avatar was called the Advisory Board on Bank, Commercial and Financial Frauds.
- The ABBF, formed in consultation with the RBI, would function as the first level of examination of all large fraud cases before recommendations or references are made to the investigative agencies by the respective public sector banks (PSBs).
♦Durand Cup: Gokulam Kerala FC’s won
- The stunning victory of Gokulam Kerala FC over local hero Mohun Bagan at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata. 131-year-history of the oldest football tournament in Asia that a Kerala team is winning.
♦Spain’s Alex Rins won British Moto Grand Prix at Silverstone
- Alex Rins snatched a dramatic victory on the line on his Suzuki to win the British Grand Prix ahead of MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez.
- Marquez appeared to have held off the younger Spaniard, only for Rins to produce a spectacular piece of riding for his second win of the season.
♦26 August- Women’s Equality Day 2019
- Women’s Equality Day is celebrated on August 26 every year to commemorate the passage of the 19th Amendment in the United States of America that provides equal rights to women including the right to vote.
- The colour for Women’s Equality Day is purple. Here are the few ways you can wear purple on this day to show solidarity.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here