Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 26 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Yediyurappa sworn in Karnataka Chief Minister Fourth Times
- Karnataka BJP president B.S. Yediyurappa was sworn in as Chief Minister of the State for the fourth time on July 26.
- Governor Vajubhai Vala administered the oath of office and secrecy to the 76-year-old Mr. Yediyurappa at a ceremony at the Raj Bhavan. Mr. Yediyurappa alone was sworn-in.
- The Yediyurappa-led BJP dispensation is assuming office three days after the collapse of the Congress-JD(S) government with the defeat of the motion of confidence moved by Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy.
Note- About Karnataka
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
- Literacy (2011): 75.36%
♦NTPC, BHEL ink pact for environment friendly 800MW power plant in Chhattisgarh
- NTPC Limited and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for forming a Joint Venture company, to set up a 800 MW Technology Demonstration Plant (TDP) at NTPC’s existing power plant in Sipat, Chhattisgarh.
- “The demonstration plant shall be based on the Advanced Ultra Super Critical (AUSC) technology which marks a significant improvement in operational parameters over contemporary supercritical technology. The plant shall be the most efficient power plant in the world, once it becomes operational, resulting in reduction of carbon-di-oxide emission by about 20 per cent as compared to the conventional sub-critical technology,”.
Note- About Chhattisgarh
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Population: 2.55 crores (2013)
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
♦Amit Shah to head govt panel to strengthen laws against workplace sexual harassment
- The government has reconstituted its panel to strengthen the legal and institutional frameworks to deal with and prevent sexual harassment at the workplace days after a report by The Quint revealed that the committee had been dissolved.
- The reconstituted panel will be helmed by Home Minister Amit Shah and comprise of ministers Nirmala Sitharaman (Finance Minister), Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (HRD Minister) and Smriti Irani (Women and Child Development Minister), as members.
Banking and Financial
♦DBS cuts India’s FY20 GDP forecast to 6.8% from 7% on weakening exports
- DBS Bank has revised India’s GDP growth for fiscal year 2020 downwards to 6.8 per cent year-on-year (YoY) from 7 per cent projected earlier, citing headwinds for exports amidst challenging trade outlook.
- Growth headwinds swiftly turn attention to the likely policy response. We expect monetary policy to do much of the heavy lifting, given limited fiscal leeway, the bank in its report on the Indian economy on Thursday.
Note- About DBS Bank
- Headquarters: Singapore
- CEO: Piyush Gupta
♦Maharashtra tops in ATM frauds, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka follow
- Maharashtra reported 233 cases of ATM fraud in 2018-19, the highest in the entire country, Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) data, accessed by TOI, revealed. The data showed that Delhi grabbed the second spot with 179 cases, followed by Tamil Nadu with 147 cases of ATM fraud.
- In Maharashtra, people lost Rs 4.8 crore to bank fraud, while in Delhi people lost Rs 2.9 crore. The country witnessed an increase in ATM fraud cases in general (up from 911 to 980). Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura were the only three states that didn’t report a single incident. However, the money lost came down from Rs 65.3 crore in 2017-18 to Rs 21.4 crore in 2018-19.
Note- About Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- Sex ratio (2011): 929 F/1000 M
- Chief minister: Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor- C. Vidyasagar Rao
♦President’s secretary Sanjay Kothari gets three years’ extension in post
- The extension of tenure of Sanjay Kothari, secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind, was cleared by the government on Wednesday, according to an official order.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, cleared the extension of Kothari, a 1978-batch IAS officer from Haryana, “on co-terinus basis with the President or until further orders.
- Kothari, who had retired in 2016, was picked by the President and appointed as his secretary. He will now remain as his secretary till the completion of Kovind’s tenure on July 25, 2022.
♦Sanjeev Kumar Singla appointed PS to PM Modi
- IFS officer Sanjeev Kumar Singla has been appointed the Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Level-14, said the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) on Tuesday.
- “The competent authority has approved the appointment of Sanjeev Kumar Singla, IFS (1997) as Private Secretary to the Prime Minister in Level-14 with effect from June 14, 2019, or until further orders,” a press release by the DoPT read.
- The DoPT also approved the appointment of IAS officer of Gujarat cadre 1996 batch, Rajeev Topno, as Private Secretary to PM Modi “on a co-terminus basis or until further orders” through another press release.
- The appointment of Hiren Joshi and Pratik Doshi as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to PM Modi was also approved by the DoPT.
♦Anshu Prakash to take over as new Telecom Secretary from 1 August
- Anshu Prakash, a 1986-batch IAS officer, who is currently Additional Secretary of the Department of Telecommunications, will take over as Secretary of the same department on 1 August, an official government notification said.
- He will take charge after Aruna Sundararajan, a 1982-batch IAS officer, retires on 31 July.
- Prior to his stint at the DoT, Prakash was the chief Secretary of Delhi and had been at loggerheads with the Kejriwal government.
♦Ravi Capoor appointed Secretary, Textiles
- Ravi Capoor, from Assam Meghalaya cadre, was appointed Secretary, Textiles.
♦Guruprasad Mohapatra appointed new DPIIT secretary
- Airports Authority of India chairman Guruprasad Mohapatra will become the new secretary of the department for promotion of industry and internal trade. Mohapatra, a 1986 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, had earlier served as a joint secretary in the department of commerce.
♦26th July Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Kargil Vijay Diwas, named after the successful Operation Vijay, is celebrated in India on 26 July. On this date in 1999, India successfully took command of the high outposts which had been lost to Pakistan. The Kargil war was fought for more than 60 days, ended on 26 July and resulted in loss of life on both the sides.
- The war ended with India regaining control of all the previously held territory, hence re-establishing the status quo ante bellum. Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26 July every year in honour of the Kargil War’s Heroes.
♦International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, 26 June
- 7 December 1987, the General Assembly decided to observe 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking as an expression of its determination to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
- Supported each year by individuals, communities and various organizations all over the world, this global observance aims to raise awareness of the major problem that illicit drugs represent to society.
- Theme 2019- “Health for Justice. Justice for Health”
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here