Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 26 June 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ 31.4% of Indian children will be stunted by 2022: report
- Almost one in three Indian children under five years will still be stunted by 2022 going by current trends, according to an analysis of the country’s food and nutrition security released on Tuesday. Over the last decade, child stunting — which is a measure of chronic malnutrition — has reduced at a rate of about 1% per year, the slowest decline among emerging economies.
- At this rate, 31.4% of children will still be stunted by the 2022 deadline. India must double its rate of progress to reach the target of 25% by that time, says the report.
Banking and Financial
♦U.K. Sinha-led RBI panel suggests ₹5,000 crore stressed asset fund for MSMEs
- A Reserve Bank of India (RBI) committee has suggested a ₹5,000 crore stressed asset fund for domestic micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in a relief to small businesses hurt by demonetization, the goods and services tax and an ongoing liquidity crunch.
- The committee to study the problems faced by MSMEs was chaired by U.K. Sinha, former chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- “The committee recommends for the creation of a distressed asset fund, with a corpus of ₹5,000 crore, structured to assist units in clusters where a change in the external environment, e.g. a ban on plastics or ‘dumping’ has led to a large number of MSMEs becoming non-performing asset (NPA),” its report published on Tuesday said.
- Besides, the committee suggested that the PSBLoansIn59Minutes.com portal also cater to new entrepreneurs, who may not necessarily have information like GSTIN, income-tax returns and bank statement. “A timeline of 7-10 days needs to be fixed for disposal of applications, which have received in-principle approval; the threshold of loan should be enhanced up to ₹5 crore,” it said.
- PSBLoansIn59Minutes.com is an online marketplace that enables in-principle approval of MSME loans up to ₹1 crore in 59 minutes from public sector banks. The report said the committee has learnt from entrepreneurs that obtaining regular sanctions from the banks post in-principle approval had not been smooth. As on 7 June, banks had sanctioned ₹40,156 crore to 127,000 units through this portal.
- Other suggestions include introduction of adjusted priority sector lending guidelines for banks to specialize in lending to a specific sector, doubling the collateral-free loan limit to ₹20 lakh and providing insurance coverage to MSME employees by the government.
- The committee said group policies for death and accident cover for MSME entrepreneurs need to be developed with insurance cover significantly higher than the cover currently offered by the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, two government-backed insurance schemes.
Note- About SEBI
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Sector: Securities market
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
♦Amitabh Kant gets two-year extension as Niti Aayog CEO
- Amitabh Kant was on Wednesday given a two-year extension as Chief Executive Officer of Niti Aayog, an official order said.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension of Kant’s tenure for a further period of two years beyond June 30, 2019, i.e. up to June 30, 2021, on the same terms and conditions, the Personnel Ministry said in the order.
Note-About Niti Aayog
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India
- Jurisdiction: Government of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
♦Arvind Kumar appointment new IB Chief
- Arvind Kumar, a 1984 batch IPS officer, will head the Intelligence Bureau, the main internal intelligence unit of the government. He will replace Rajiv Jain, who completed an extended tenure as the IB chief.
Note –About IB
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1887
- Motto: जागृतं अहर्निशं (English: Always Alert)
- Agency executive: Arvind Kumar, Director
♦Samant Goel appointment new RAW chief
- IPS officer belonging to the same 1984 batch, Samant Goel, will take charge of the RAW, which looks after the external intelligence of the country. Mr. Goel will succeed Anil Dhasmana.
Note- About RAW
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Minister responsible: Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
- Founded: 21 September 1968
- Subsidiaries: National Technical Research Organisation
- Founders: Indira Gandhi, R. N. Kao
♦Warner Bros. is getting its first female CEO, Ann Sarnoff
- Three months after Warner Bros. was rocked by a sex scandal, the nearly century-old movie and television studio is getting its first female chief executive.
- BBC executive Ann Sarnoff has been named chairwoman and CEO of Burbank-based Warner Bros., parent company WarnerMedia said Monday.
- Sarnoff replaces Kevin Tsujihara, who stepped down in March after allegations that he had an extramarital affair with an actress who later got roles in Warner Bros. movies. (Tsujihara, through his lawyer, denied having any “direct role” in the actress’ hiring.)
Note- About Warner Bros.
- CEO: Ann Sarnoff
- Parent organization: WarnerMedia
- Founded: 4 April 1923, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Headquarters: Burbank, California, United States
♦India bids to host 2023 International Olympic Committee (IOC) session
- India on Tuesday proposed to host the 2023 IOC session in Mumbai, which is expected to choose the host city for the 2030 Winter Olympics.
- IOA President Narinder Batra and member Nita Ambani submitted the formal bid to the IOC chief Thomas Bach here. Batra is set to be elected as a new IOC member during the Session on Wednesday.
- India had wanted to host the ongoing session but it lost to the Italian city of Milan. Later, Milan had to step back from the role after Italy decided to bid for the 2026 Winter Games instead.
- An IOC rule prohibits host city candidates from being elected in their home country. The Italian city was on Monday named as host of 2026 Winter Olympics. India had earlier hosted an IOC Session in 1983 in New Delhi.
Note- About IOC
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Bach
- Honorary President: Jacques Rogge
- Director General: Christophe De Kepper
- Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France
- Founders: Pierre de Coubertin, Demetrius Vikelas
♦26 June International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- June 26 is observed as International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking every year after the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution on December 7, 1987, as an “expression of its determination to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.”
- Supported each year by individuals, communities and various organizations worldwide, the global observance of International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking aims to “raise awareness of the major problem that illicit drugs represent to society.”
- Theme 2019- “Health for justice. Justice for health”.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here