Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 26 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Cyclone Kyaar: Rains likely in parts of south Gujarat, Saurashtra
- Parts of south Gujarat and Saurashtra are likely to receive light to moderate rains with cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.
- The met department said the sea will become “rough to very rough” along and off the south Gujarat coast during the next 24 hours until October 26 afternoon.
♦ Global health security index 2019, India 57th rank
- The world is unprepared for outbreaks of major infectious diseases, with Asian countries facing significant risks, according to Global Health Security (GHS) Index, 2019.
- Thailand and South Korea were among the best-performing countries in Asia, while India was at 57th rank with a score of 46.5.
- The Global Health Security Index is the first comprehensive assessment of epidemic and pandemic threats globally. It is a project of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security, with research by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- The US topped the list with a score of 83.5, followed by the UK(77.9) and the Netherlands (75.6) in the second and third positions, respectively.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ BOTSWANA ELECTIONS: MOKGWEETSI MASISI RETAINS PRESIDENCY
- Mokgweetsi Masisi has officially been declared the winner and president of Botswana.
- Masisi’s victory was announced on 25th October morning by the country’s chief justice, who is also the convener of elections according to the Constitution.
- Masisi’s Botswana Democratic Party (BDP) attained the 29 constituencies out of 57 required to form government.
Note: About Botswana
- Capital: Gaborone
- Currency: Botswana pula
Banking and Financial
♦ World Bank inks agreement project $165 million to support smallholder farmers in Odisha
- The Central Government, Odisha government and the World Bank signed a loan agreement worth $165 million to support smallholder farmers in the state.
- Aims: The project “The Odisha Integrated Irrigation Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture” will be implemented in Odisha’s rural areas which are vulnerable to droughts and largely dependent on rainfed agriculture.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦ NDB Approves Two Projects with Loans Aggregating to USD 800 milllion for Brazil and India
- New development bank will provide a sovereign loan of USD 500 million to the Federative Republic of Brazil for the Fundo Clima – Brazil National Climate Fund Project.
- Aimed: capitalizing Fundo Clima to expand its on-lending operations to sub-projects contributing to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- The loan represents a threefold increase of Fundo Clima operations and the total amount of USD 500 million is expected to be fully committed by 2024. Sectors including urban mobility, waste treatment, renewable energy, energy efficiency are expected to be financed under the project.
- Bank provide a loan of USD 300 million to REC Limited to support the Government of India’s increasing investment in the renewable energy sector.
- The Project is aimed: At improving the energy mix in India by providing funds for the construction and commissioning of renewable energy sub-projects. The Project will create jobs and contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions and environmental pollution.
Note: About ADB
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
- Founder: BRICS
- Founded: 15 July 2014, Fortaleza, State of Ceará, Brazil
- President: K. V. Kamath
♦ India France joint Army exercise – “Ex Shakti -2019” to be held in Rajasthan
- Indian Army and Army of France will carry out counter-terrorism drills under the “Exercise Shakti 2019” that will be held in Rajasthan at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
- The exercise will be held from October 31 to November 13
- Aims: focus on counter-terrorism operations in the backdrop of semi-desert terrain under United Nations Mandate.
Note: About France
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: French franc
♦ 24th October: World Polio Day
- World Polio Day is October 24 and arrives at a critical moment for the polio eradication program. In 2019, the program has seen both important milestones and has faced critical challenges.
- Theme 2019: Stories of Progress: Past and present
♦ Former Gujarat Chief Minister Dilip Parikh passed away
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Dilip Parikh died on 25th October at a private hospital in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad following a prolonged illness.
- Mr Parikh served as the 13th Chief Minister of Gujarat between October 1997 and March 1998 when he was with the Rashtriya Janata Party (RJP).
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|