Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 26 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Assam launches of 3 public welfare schemes called ‘Aponar Apon Ghar’, Abhinandan’ & ‘Free Drugs Scheme
- The Assam state Government has launched twin schemes for the public welfare called ‘Aponar Apon Ghar Scheme’(a home loan subsidy scheme), ‘Abhinandan’ (an Education Loan Subsidy scheme), and Free Drugs Scheme for 651 Tea Garden Hospitals.
- Aponar Apon Ghar: It is an upgraded version of the previous Apun Ghar home loan subsidy scheme, which will provide a subsidy of up to Rs 2.5 lakh on home loans up to Rs 40 lakh to all citizens of the state.
- Abhinandan: It is an Education Loan Subsidy scheme, under this every student in the state of assam having active education loan account regardless of the amount for pursuing higher education can get benefitted. The Assam government will provide a one-time subsidy of up to Rs 50,000 to all educational loans.
- Free Drugs Scheme for 651 Tea Garden Hospitals – Under this scheme, 142 essential drugs, 47 surgical items, 45 consumables/linens and 6 numbers of disinfectants would be provided free of cost to the 651 tea garden hospitals of the state. An amount of Rs 20 crore would be spent every year on the scheme. The scheme is for the patients of the tea tribe community.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
♦Three IIMs in world’s top 50 QS Business Mater’s Ranking 2020
- Three Indian business schools have grabbed positions in the top 50 global management institutes’ list released by the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Ranking. In the Masters in Management category, IIM Bangalore has grabbed the 26th spot followed by IIM Ahmedabad at 27. IIM Calcutta has been listed at 46th position, with its postgraduate diploma in business analytics (PGDBA) also earning 38th spot in Masters in Business Analytics category.
Banking & Financial
♦UNCTAD sees India growth moderating to 6% in 2019
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has forecast India’s growth to moderate to 6% in 2019 from 7.4% in 2018 due to lower-than-targeted tax collections and limited public spending.
- India’s economic growth had plunged to a 25 quarter low of 5% in April-June. The central bank has revised downward the FY20 GDP growth rate to 6.9% from 7% earlier after cutting the key lending rate four times in succession.
Note: About UNCTAD
- Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Mukhisa Kituyi
- Abbreviation: UNCTAD
- Formation: 30 December 1964
♦HDFC Bank is the most valued brand in India, LIC takes second spot: Survey
- HDFC Bank beat the crowds to top the list of 75 most valued brands in India, keeping its position intact from the previous year. At second and third spots, too, the old order held its grip. Public sector insurer Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) retained their second and third ranks in the list of most valued Indian brands.
- The big change, however, has been in the overall growth of brand values in the BrandZ 2019 Most Valuable Indian Brands, a report by WPP and Kantar Millward Brown. The total value of the top 75 brands increased to $228.2 billion, growing at a moderate 6 per cent over 2018, far slower than 34 per cent recorded the previous year. The report calculates valuations and ranking by combining companies’ financial data with consumer insight and opinion.
Top 10 Most Valued Indian Brand
♦RBI increases deposit withdrawal limit of PMC Bank to ₹10,000
- The Reserve Bank of India has decided to increase the deposit withdrawal limit of PMC (Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank) to ₹10,000 from ₹1,000 earlier. RBI had imposed restrictions on the lender, like bar on lending activities and cap on deposit withdrawal.
♦Bulgaria’s Kristalina Georgieva is new IMF Chief
- Bulgaria’s Kristalina Georgieva has been selected as the new head of the International Monetary Fund, the first person from an emerging market economy to lead the IMF at a time.
- The International Monetary Fund formally selected Kristalina Georgieva of Bulgaria as the second woman ever to lead the 189-member institution.
♦Maharashtra Assembly polls 2019: Actress Madhuri Dixit appointed as a goodwill ambassador
- Actor Madhuri Dixit has been chosen as “goodwill ambassador” by the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) in Maharashtra to create awareness among people about the importance of voting.
- State Assembly polls are scheduled for October 21 and results will be declared on October 24.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- CM: Devendra Fadnavis
♦Visa appoints PV Sindhu as brand ambassador for two years
- Payment technology company Visa on 25 September announced that it has signed up world badminton champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (PV Sindhu) as its brand ambassador for two years. Besides promoting the brand through advertising campaigns, Sindhu has also become an athlete member of Team Visa for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
♦Pooja Desai from Vadodara crowned Mrs. India Pride of the Nation 2019
- Pooja Desai, a house-wife hailing from Vadodara, Gujarat, has won the title of “Mrs India- Pride of the Nation 2019”. Pooja was the only contestant from Vadodara and first one from Gujarat to win this title.
- Mrs. India Pride of Nation (MIPON) is a beauty pageant for married women that celebrates and admires the accomplishments and achievements of a wife, daughter and a mother.
- The grand finale, organized by Glamour Gurgaon, was held at The Leela Ambience, Gurgaon.
♦International Association of Athletics Federations honours Indian legend PT Usha
- Former Indian athlete and Olympian P.T. Usha has been conferred with the prestigious International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Veteran Pin Award.
- Usha received the award at the 52nd IAAF conference in Doha.
- “Expressing my deep gratitude towards IAAF and President Sebastian Coe for awarding me the Veteran Pin at the 52nd IAAF conference in Doha. I look forward to continually contributing to the growth of athletics in our country.
♦Jacques Chirac: Former French President passed away
- “President Jacques Chirac died this morning surrounded by his family, peacefully,”.
- Chirac served two terms as president and twice as PM, and took France into the single European currency.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here