Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 27 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla to be renamed as Arun Jaitley Stadium
- The Delhi Cricket Association announced to rename Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium as Arun Jaitley Stadium in memory of its former president.
- DCA president Rajat Sharma said, “It was due to Arun Jaitley’s support and encouragement, players like Virat Kohli, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Ashish Nehra, Rishabh Pant and many others could make India proud.”
- The renaming will take place on September 12 at a function where a stand at the Kotla will be named after India captain Virat Kohli as announced earlier.
International (Current Affairs)
♦G7 members agree to release $22 million to fight Amazon rainforest fire
- G7 members have agreed to provide logistical and financial support to help fight fires in the Amazon rainforest. G7 leaders said would release $22 mn.
- The number of fires in Brazil this year is the highest on record since 2013 and is up by 85% from last year alone. So far this year, more than 80,000 fires in the country have been detected by Brazil’s space research center, INPE.
Note: About Amazon rainforest:
- The Amazon rainforest, also known in English as Amazonia or the Amazon Jungle.
- The majority of the forest is contained within Brazil, with 60% of the rainforest, followed by Peru with 13%, Colombia with 10%, and with minor amounts in Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana.
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP growth rate at 6.9% for the entire year: Ficci survey
- According to this Ficci survey, economic growth is likely to be 6 per cent in the first quarter of the current fiscal year, which would accelerate to 6.5 in the second quarter. For the entire year, the growth was pegged at 6.9 per cent.
- The investment rate is expected to go up in the second half as the first half would yield in the range of 30.7-30.8, while it may stand at 32.1 per cent for the entire year.
♦Indian Bank inks MoU with Tata AIG
- Indian Bank on 26 August signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tata AIG General Insurance, a leading private sector insurance player, to offer a variety of general insurance products to its customers.
- Tata AIG General Insurance will work with the bank for sales training, product support and ensuring smooth operational processes, all leading to seamless service to customers.
Note: About Indian Bank
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
♦Microsoft and ISB partner to advance AI skilling in India
- The Indian School of Business (ISB) and Microsoft India announced a new partnership on 23 August to take forward their shared vision for an AI-empowered India at an event in Hyderabad.
- Through the creation of the AI Digital Lab, the two organizations will collaborate in research which will use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to study issues that are relevant for business and public policy.
♦SIDBI joins hands with Incuspaze to open coworking space for MSMEs
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has partnered with Incuspaze Solutions Private Limited (Incuspaze) to open a first-of-its-kind coworking space exclusively designed for MSMEs and startups.
- The coworking space, called @Workspaze is located at 1, Tolstoy Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi. The initiative that intends to be a market-maker for its segment is only 50 meters away from Barakhamba Metro Station.
Note: About SIDBI
- Headquarters: Lucknow
- Founded: 2 April 1990
- Chairman: Mohammad Mustafa
♦Indo Pacific Chiefs of Defence conference in Bangkok, Thailand
- 2019 Indo Pacific Chiefs of Defence (CHOD) Conference in Bangkok represted by Air Chief Marshal and Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee, Birender Singh Dhanoa. Chiefs of Defence of more than 33 countries are scheduled to attend the conference.
- Conference’s Theme: “Collaboration in a free and Open Indo – Pacific”.
Purpose: The conference will provide perspectives on common challenges faced by attending nations and elicit open discussions on the same.
Note- About Thailand
- King: Maha Vajiralongkorn
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Thai baht
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here