Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 27 June 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Police station in Satara tops SMART survey
- Rahimatpur police station in Satara district in western Maharashtra has emerged as the State topper in a survey based on the ‘SMART’ policing concept announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Mr. Modi had first called for making the police force ‘SMART’ — strict and sensitive, modern and mobile, alert and accountable, reliable and responsive, techno-savvy and trained — while addressing the 49th annual conference of Directors-General and Inspectors-General of Police in Guwahati in 2014.
- The Quality Council of India (QCI), which executed the survey, assessed 87 shortlisted police stations across the country on a number of parameters like performance in controlling crime, infrastructure of the police building, mess and optimal use of technology, and citizen feedback.
Note- About Maharashtra
- Sex ratio (2011): 929 F/1000 M
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief minister: Devendra Fadnavis
♦ 20 lakh farmers expected to benefit as PMKSY expected to leverage investment of Rs 31400 crore
- Food processing sector witnesses FDI equity inflow of US$ 3.28 billion in April 2014 to March 2019.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (PMKSY) is expected to leverage investment of Rs 31400 crore, handle of 334 lakh MT agro-produce valuing Rs 104125 crore, benefit 20 lakh farmers and generate 530500 direct/ indirect employment in the country by the year 2019-20. This was stated by Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Rameswar Teli, in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha.
- The Minister added that under PMKSY following schemes are implemented:
- Mega Food Parks;
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure;
- Creation / Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities;
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters;
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages;
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure; and
- Human Resources and Institutions
Banking and Financial
♦ India signs a Loan Agreement worth US$ 400 Million with the World Bank to help Treat and Eliminate Tuberculosis from India
- The World Bank and the Government of India signed here today a Loan Agreement of $400 Million to expand the coverage and the quality of interventions for the control of Tuberculosis (TB), which kills approximately half a million people in India every year. The World Bank supported program will cover nine States of India.
- The World Bank’s Program Towards Elimination of Tuberculosis will support the Government of India’s (GoI) National Strategic Plan to end TB in India by 2025. It will do so by helping improve and strengthen diagnostics and management of drug-resistant tuberculosis and increase the capacity of public institutions engaged in monitoring and treating TB in the country.
Note- About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
- Founded: 1944
- Founders: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
♦ India signs a Loan Agreement of US$ 250 Million with the World Bank to develop 766 kms of Rajasthan’s Roads and Highways as part of Rajasthan State Highways Development Project Phase-II
- The Government of India, Government of Rajasthan and the World Bank today signed a US$ 250 Million Loan Agreement for the Rajasthan State Highways Development Program II Project to build the State’s capacity to better manage its highways and improve traffic flows on selected highways in State of Rajasthan.
- The World Bank-supported Project will support the construction, upgradation, improvement and maintenance of 766 kms of state highways and major district roads. It will also will help build an online project management system and a smartphone application to handle contract management, data reporting, quality control, etc.
Note- About Rajasthan
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Capital: Jaipur
- Population: 6.89 crores (2012)
♦ World Bank commits $31.58 mn loan for Uttarakhand Public Financial Management Strengthening Project
- Government of India, the State Government of Uttarakhand and the World Bank signed a loan Agreement of $31.58 million (about Rs 221 crore) for Uttarakhand Public Financial Management Strengthening Project.
- It improves the State’s ability to manage its Financial Systems and there is better Utilization of Development Resources.
- The loan agreement was signed by Sameer Kumar Khahe and Savin Bhasale on behalf of the Govt of Uttarakhand.
- The main aim of the project is to benefit the citizens of Uttarakhand in public finances.
- This loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
Note- About Uttarakhand
- Capital: Dehradun
- Governor-Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief Minister-Trivendra Singh Rawat (BJP)
♦ Max Bupa partners with MobiKwik to sell bite-sized health insurance products
- Max Bupa, a standalone health insurer, has entered into a strategic partnership with MobiKwik, a fintech platform, to promote affordable and convenient bite sized group health insurance products for MobiKwik’s 107 Million customers across the country.
- Bite-sized insurance offerings are essentially easy to buy, over the counter products. They are picking up pace in India and gaining interest from customers who are always on the go.
- Under this tie-up, Max Bupa will come up with slew of innovative offerings, including a Cancer cover at nominal premium and a HospiCash product for MobiKwik’s vast customer base.
- Founded: April 2009
- CEO: Bipin Preet Singh
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Area served: India
- Founders: Bipin Preet Singh, Upasana Taku
♦ Canara Bank GM Sarada Kumar Hota appointed as National Housing Bank MD
- Canara Bank General Manager Sarada Kumar Hota has been appointed as the managing director of the National Housing Bank (NHB), the finance ministry said.
- The appointment comes nine months after Sriram Kalyanaraman’s forced resignation amid allegations of irregularities and misconduct against him.
- In absence of a regular managing director, Dakshita Das, additional secretary in the finance ministry, was holding additional charge of NHB.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Hota as the managing director (MD) of the housing finance regulator for a period of three years, the finance ministry said in a notification.
Note-About National Housing Bank
- Founded: 9 July 1988
- Headquarters: New Delhi
♦ IOA and FIH chief Narinder Batra elected IOC member
- Indian Olympic Association president Narinder Batra was on Wednesday elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee.
- Batra was elected to the prestigious seat during the IOC Session here. He secured 58 votes out of 62 while four voted against him.
- His election is linked to his function in a National Olympic Committee — that is president of IOA.
♦ India, France to hold mega air exercise ‘Garuda VI ’ in 1 July to 12 July
- The Indian and French air forces will carry out a two-week-long mega air exercise beginning July 1 in France in a boost to military-to-military ties between the two countries, officials said Wednesday.
- A fleet of Sukhoi 30 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force will engage in dogfights with France’s Rafale multirole aircraft in simulated scenarios as part of the ‘Garuda’ exercise, they said.
- A large number of other assets including mid-air refueller will also be sent to France by the IAF. It will be one of the largest air exercises between the two strategic partners, a senior military official said.
Note- About France
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
♦ “Statistics Day” will be celebrated on 29th June, 2019
- The Government has been celebrating the Statistics Day, to popularize the use of Statistics in everyday life and sensitize the public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies. It has been designated as one of the Special Days to be celebrated at the national level and is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis, on 29th June, in recognition of his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System.
- Theme- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
♦ Actor-director Vijaya Nirmala passes away
- Veteran actor-filmmaker Vijaya Nirmala passed away during the wee hours of Thursday while she was under medical care at the Continental Hospital in Hyderabad. She was 75.
- Her son Naresh confirmed the news on his Twitter page on Thursday morning. “I regret to inform you that my Mother, senior Artiste, prominent Producer & Director, Dr. G Vijayanirmala Garu passed away during early hours today, that is, 27.6.2019, at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad, due to sickness. She was 75.(sic),” the actor tweeted.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here