Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 28 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Cabinet clears 100% FDI in contract manufacturing, coal mining
- The government on August 28 relaxed FDI rule for foreign single brand retailers and also permitted foreign investment in contract manufacturing and coal mining.
- List of the important decisions on FDI by the Cabinet:
- i)Allows 100% FDI under automatic route in coal mining and associated infrastructure
- ii) Allows 100% FDI in contract manufacturing under automatic route
- iii) Relaxes FDI rules for single brand retail; expands definition of 30% domestic sourcing
- iv) Allows online retailing under single-brand retail; relaxes rule of mandatory brick-and-mortar store
- v) Approves 26% FDI in digital media.
♦Union HRD Minister launches Integrated Online junction for School Education ‘Shagun’
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched one of world’s largest Integrated Online Junction for – School Education ‘Shagun’ in New Delhi on 28 August. The Minister of State for HRD, Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre was also present on the occasion.
- School Education Shagun (URL: htpp://shagun.govt.in/) is an over-arching initiative to improve school education system by creating a junction for all online portals and websites relating to various activities of the Department of School Education and Literacy in the Government of India and all States and Union Territories.
♦Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Launches Exclusive Education TV Channel
- The Tamil Nadu government on 26 August launched it’s exclusive education TV channel. Benefiting students of classes I to XII.
- School Education Department,”Kalvi Tholaikkatchi” (Education TV) was launched by Chief Minister K Palaniswami.
Aim: schoolchildren, besides those on jobs and related issues.
- Note :About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Population: 6.79 crores (2012)
♦Amitabh Bachchan Joins Harpic-NEWS18 ‘Mission Paani’ as Campaign Ambassador
- Network 18 has joined hands with Harpic to launch the ‘Mission Paani’ campaign, which is taking a huge step in this direction. Because India is a water-rich country which is on the verge of a water crisis. Amitabh Bachchan, as the campaign ambassador of this initiative.
- Aim: Stop mismanaging water resources!
- Water mismanagement is a classic case of lost opportunities. There have been multiple cases of flooding year-after-year in various Indian states primarily due to excessive rains and other factors. The city of Mumbai is a prime example of this dilemma. Mumbai receives sufficient to more than average rainfall more often than not, but the city still struggles with water shortage due to water mismanagement.
Banking and Financial
♦India Ratings cuts FY20 GDP forecast to 6.7% from earlier estimate of 7.3%
- India Ratings and Research has revised downward the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth to 6.7 per cent from an earlier estimate of 7.3 per cent.
- Reason: The current fiscal due to weak consumption demand, monsoon and slowdown in manufacturing growth.
♦MoU between Indian Navy and IMD
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Navy (IN) and India Meteorological Department (IMD) was signed at Naval Base, Kochi on 28 Aug 19 for the handing over of Cyclone Detection Radar (CDR) building by IMD to the IN. Rear Admiral RJ Nadkarni, AVSM, VSM, Chief of Staff, Southern Naval Command (SNC) and Dr D Pradhan, Scientist ‘G’, Additional Director General of Meteorology (Instruments), IMD, Delhi signed the MoU on behalf of IMD and IN respectively.
♦INS Tarkash at Dakar, Senegal
- As part of Indian Navy’s Overseas Deployment to Africa, Europe and Russia, Indian Naval Ship Tarkash made a port call at Dakar, Senegal, 27 Aug 2019 for a three day visit. The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet and under the Operational Command of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command, based at Mumbai.
Note: About Senegal
- Capital: Dakar
- Currency: West African CFA franc
♦Indian documentary ‘I’m Jeeja’ wins top award at We Care Film Festival
- Indian documentary film “I’m Jeeja” beat several international films to bag the top award in the ‘Under 30 minute’ category at the 14th edition of the ‘We Care Film Festival on Disability Issues’.
- The festival, touted to be one-of-its-kind international travelling film festival on disabilities, on Monday awarded a total of 10 films from nine countries.
- The movies focussed on stereotypes about disability and the disabled.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here