Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 28 June 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ West Bengal launches Bangla Shashya Bima scheme free crop insurance for farmers
- West Bengal government has announced a crop insurance scheme in collaboration with the Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC), for the 2019 kharif season. The scheme called Bangla Shashya Bima (BSB) is applicable for farmers in 15 districts – Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Purba Medinipur, Malda, Hooghly, Nadia, Murshidabad, Cooch Behar, Birbhum, Purulia, Dakshin Dinajpur, North 24 Parganas and South 24 Parganas.
- The crop insurance scheme would be free of cost for the farmers since the government will pay the full premium. The crops that will come under insurance are aman paddy, aus paddy, jute and maize.
Note – About West Bengal
- Capital: Kolkata
- Population: 9.03 crores (2012)
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
♦ Lok Sabha approves extension of President’s rule in J&K by six months
- Lok Sabha on Friday passed the statutory resolution to extend President’s Rule in Jammu and Kashmir for a period of six months.
- The lower house also gave its approval to the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill 2019.
- Home Minister Amit Shah asserted in the Lok Sabha that the Modi government has ‘zero tolerance’ policy towards terrorism and its ideology is to ensure protection of borders and make the country free of terrorism.
Note- About J&K
- Population: 1.25 crores (2011)
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
International (Current affairs)
♦ G-20 summit begins in Osaka
- Today G-20 summit begins in Osaka, Japan. The theme of the summit is Human-centred future society.
- Several state heads including Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take part in the two-day summit.
- 19 countries, the European Union and several special invitees are participating at the Osaka Summit which will see discussions on Global Economy- Trade & Investment, Innovation in Digital Economy and Artificial Intelligence, Addressing Inequalities, Realizing an Inclusive & Sustainable World and Climate Change Energy and Environment in four different sessions.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a trilateral meeting with US President Donald Trump and Japanese premier Shinzo Abe in Osaka ahead of the formal opening of the G-20 Summit.
Note- About Japan
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe Trending
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Population: 12.68 crores (2017) World Bank
♦ FIEO elects Sharad Kumar Saraf as President
- Exporters body FIEO on Thursday said it has elected Sharad Kumar Saraf as its new President.
- Saraf has replaced renowned exporter Ganesh Kumar Gupta, who will hand over the charge to the new President on Friday.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) said in a statement that Saraf will work in further pushing the issues of exporters at different forums and boost the country’s exports.
- He is also Chairman and Founder of Technocraft Industries (India).
Note – About FIEO
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Founded: 1965
♦ PB Acharya to be sworn in as Manipur Governor
- Nagaland Governor PB Acharya who has been given additional charge of Manipur Governor will be arriving in Imphal on Thursday forenoon where he will take oath as Governor of Manipur at 5pm in the absence of Dr Najma Heptulla. Dr Heptulla will be on leave for a month. She was stated to be visiting USA where her family stays. Acharya will arrive at Kangla Helipad at 10.15 am from where he will proceed towards Raj Bhavan. The Governor secretariat will hold a reception party for PB Acharya at Raj Bhavan before the swearing in ceremony.
Note- About Manipur
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
- Population: 27.2 lakhs (2011)
♦ Indian woman Priya Serrao crowned Miss Universe Australia
- India born Priya Serrao, whose family migrated to Australia from Middle East, has won the Miss Universe Australia title for 2019.
- Serrao edged past 26 other women from across the country in Melbourne on Thursday night to win the title. The 26-year-old will now represent Australia in the Miss Universe competition later this year.
Banking and Financial
♦ International SME Convention 2019 (27-29 June ) in New Delhi
- The Ministry of MSME is planning to organise the second edition of International SME Convention 2019 to be held in New Delhi from 27th – 29th June, 2019 in association with Italy & South Korea as the partner countries, UNIDO, UNDP & ILO as Institutional partners and the India SME Forum.
- The convention is planned as a platform for intensive business discussions and interactions on the Indian Market opportunity, between progressive entrepreneurs from all over the world and aims to foster business partnerships and trade opportunities for India’s small and medium enterprises.
♦ Padma Sree Gandhian Jharna Dhara Chowdhury dies
- Famous Gandhian activist, Padma Sree recipient Jharna Dhara Chowdhury died at the age of 80.
- The noted humanitarian activist passed away at a hospital in the capital of old age complications, according to Naba Kumar Raha, director of the Gandhi Ashram Trust.
- She dedicated her whole life to the Gandhian way of peace building and development and acted as General Secretary of Gandhi Ashram Trust at Joyag, Noakhali.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here