Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 29 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ PM Narendra Modi launches ‘Fit India Movement’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the nation-wide “Fit India Movement” on August 29 and appealed to every citizen to remain healthy and fit.
- Aim: encourage people to inculcate physical activity and sports in their everyday lives.
- PM Modi launched a “Fitness Logo”. Additionally, he will launch a “Fitness Pledge” that reads, “I promise to myself that I will devote time for physical activity and sports every day and I will encourage my family members and neighbours to be physically fit and make India a fit nation.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Lionel Aingimea as a New President of Nauru
- Mr Aingimea was elected in parliament after former president Baron Waqa lost his seat in Saturday’s general election.
- Mr Aingimea won 12-6 against Mr Adeang.
- “He has promoting human rights and the rule of law, so it will certainly be interesting to see whether his leadership provides us with some comfort as to the protection of rule of law in Nauru going forward.”
Note: About Nauru
- Capital: Yaren
- Currency: Australian dollar
Banking and Financial
♦ NASSCOM signs MoU with SkillUp Online
- Trade association NASSCOM (The National Association of Software and Services Companies) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with SkillUp Online to teach subjects like artificial intelligence, big data, cloud technologies, cyber security and blockchain.
- Aim: NASSCOM-certified learning programs for upskilling initiatives in the consumer, business and academic segments.
♦ Wipro partnership with Google Cloud
- Wipro decide it has expanded its strategic partnership with Google Cloud to accelerate cloud adoption and digital transformation for global enterprises.
- Wipro has a dedicated practice focused on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- The practice powers business and technology transformation for enterprises and helps them win in an ‘experience economy’ through differentiated offerings around application modernization, data, analytics, artificial intelligence, SAP workload migration, and industrialized cloud migration at scale.
Appointment & Resign
♦ Government extends CBDT Chairman P C Mody’s tenure
- Government extends Pramod Chandra Mody has been given an year-long extension as chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), which is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved “re-appointment” of Mody.
♦ Pramod Agarwal next chairman of Coal India
- Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has selected Pramod Agarwal, as the next chairman of Coal India. He will take over after the present chairman A K Jha retires in January 2020.
- Agarwal is currently principal secretary for urban development and housing department in Madhya Pradesh.
♦ Pavan Kapoor appointed as Ambassador to UAE
- India on 28 August appointed Pavan Kapoor as its next Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), replacing Navdeep Singh Puri.
- Pavan Kapoor has already served in different capacities in the Indian Missions in Moscow, Kyiv, London and Geneva.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
♦ Lakshmi Vilas Bank MD & CEO Parthasarathi Mukherjee announces resignation
- Reserve Bank of India is yet allow Indiabulls Housing Finance’s plans to merge with Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Meanwhile chief executive officer Parthasarathi Mukherjee accounces resignation.
- Mukherjee quit citing personal reasons.
♦ Tokyo crowned world’s safest city; Mumbai at 45th spot while Delhi trails at 52nd
- Mumbai has been ranked as the 45th safest city on the Safe Cities Index (SCI), while Delhi stood at the 52nd position, a report by Economist Intelligence Unit publish on 28 August. Cities in the Asia-Pacific (Apac) region made up six of the top-10 safest cities with Tokyo taking the top spot.
- Along with Tokyo, Apac cities dominated the SCI 2019. Singapore and Osaka came second and third, while Sydney and Melbourne also made it to the top-10 cities list.
♦ Bengaluru CBD 5th fastest growing Asian office market and India’s first growing market in Q2
- Bengaluru’s Central Business District (CBD) became the fastest growing prime office space in India, and the fifth across the Asia-Pacific region according to a survey conducted by Knight Frank.
- Mumbai rank 9th and New Delhi 12th place growing Asian office market.
♦ IAF’s Shalija Dhami becomes first female flight commander
- Indian Air Force’s Wing Commander Shalija Dhami has scripted history by becoming the first female officer to be appointed as flight commander of a flying unit. he took over as flight commander of a Chetak helicopter unit at Hindon airbase.
- Flight Commander is the second in command of the unit.
♦ 29 August: National Sports Day
- To commemorate the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand, National Sports Day is celebrated across the country on 29 August.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here