Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 29 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Karnataka park names tiger cub Hima to honour star sprinter
- Indian sprinter Hima Das has been winning plaudits from all corners with her five back-to-back gold medals in less than a month. Now in honour of her stunning performance, on World Tiger Day, a six-month-old cub has been named after the ace sprinter.
- A baby Royal Bengal tiger in Karnataka’s Bannerghatta Biological Park has been named in the honour of 2018 Asian Games gold medallist.
- The executive director of the state-run zoo, Vanashree Vipin Singh, made the announcement while revealing the zoo’s plans and initiative to celebrate the special occasion.
Note- About Karnataka
Governor: Vajubhai Vala Trending
CM-B. S. Yeddyurappa
♦NITI Aayog partners with WhatsApp to promote women entrepreneurs
- NITI Aayog and Facebook-owned WhatsApp, under the aegis of its Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), have announced a partnership to support the growth of a robust ecosystem to promote women entrepreneurs in India.
- WhatsApp, in collaboration with NITI Aayog, will announce an annual calendar of events aimed at capacity building of women entrepreneurs and develop specific programmes aimed at addressing challenges faced by women entrepreneurs. The initiative would target the registered users of WEP.
- WhatsApp will also partner with the Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards 2019, flagship initiative of NITI Aayog. WhatsApp has decided to provide support amounting to $100,000 to WTI winners.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India offers US$ 100 million line of credit for developmental projects in Benin
- President Ram Nath Kovind reached Cotonou, Benin on Sunday on the first leg of his state visits to three West African nations – Benin, Gambia and Guinea.
- This visit is the first-ever visit of Head of State/Head of Government of India to each of the three countries.
- President Kovind today commenced his engagements with visit to the Presidential Palace of the Marina in Cotonou where he was received by his counterpart, Patrice Talon and accorded a ceremonial welcome.
- During the subsequent one-to-one discussions with President Talon, the President said that it is indeed a great honour for him to pay the first-ever State Visit from India to Benin.
Note- About Benin
- Capital: Porto-Novo
- Currency: West African CFA franc
♦Sri Lanka: ‘India International Textiles Expo’ begins in Colombo
- A three day ‘India International Textiles Expo’ IITExpo began today in Sri Lankan capital of Colombo.
- The exhibition cum buyer seller meet is being organized by Powerloom Development and Export Promotion Council (PDEXCIL) under Ministry of Textiles with an aim to support Indian manufacturers, exporters and promote marketing of powerloom products.
- Sri Lankan Deputy Minister of petroleum resources Anoma Gamage, who was the Chief Guest at the inauguration ceremony underlined the strong bilateral ties between India and Sri Lanka, and cited the potential to further strengthen the collaboration in the textile sector.
Note-About Sri lanka
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Capital- Colombo
- PM-Ranil Wickremesinghe
♦BRICS Foreign Ministers Meeting 2019 held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- For a meeting set to articulate the voice of emerging countries, the BRICS Foreign Ministers’ gathering here on Friday could not have started on a more discordant note.
- Opening the meeting, Foreign Minister of Brazil Ernesto Araujo called upon fellow BRICS members — Russia, India, China and South Africa — to “act on Venezuela” in support of Juan Guaido, who proclaimed himself interim president of the South American country on January 23. Brazil holds the rotating presidency of BRICS grouping for 2019.
Note- About Brazil
- Capital: Brasilia
- Currency: Brazilian real
♦Nepal invited to become partner country for Gita Jayanti Mahotsav 2019
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has invited Nepal to be the partner country for this year’s ‘Gita Jayanti Mahotsav’, scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra from December 3 to 8.
- He extended the invitation when Nepal’s Ambassador to India Nilamber Acharya called on him here on Friday, an official statement said.
- The chief minister said Haryana has been celebrating Gita Jayanti Mahotsav for the last three years and every year a country is invited to become the partner country for the mega event.
Banking and Financial
♦SBI cuts deposit rates
- The State Bank of India has decided to reduce both retail and corporate deposit rates from 1 August in view of falling interest scenario and surplus liquidity, the country’s largest lender said.
- “For time deposits with longer tenors, there is a reduction up to 20 bps in the Retail segment and 35 bps in the Bulk segment,” the SBI said.
- Interest rates have been slashed by 50-75 bps for time deposits with shorter tenors, i.e. up to 179 days, the bank added.
- Retail deposit rates (below ₹2 crore) for 1 year to less than 2 year maturity will be 6.8% as compared to 7% now. For 2 years to less than 3 years, the rate will be 6.70% as compared to 6.75%.
♦RAW officer appointed as new BSF Director General
- IPS officer V.K. Johri has been appointed as the next Director General (DG) of the country’s largest border guarding force, BSF, an official order said on Sunday.
- The order has been issued by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) that is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and has Home Minister Amit Shah as its member.
- Mr. Johri, a 1984-batch Indian Police Service officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, is presently serving as the Special Secretary in the external intelligence agency RAW, under the Cabinet Secretariat.
♦Pune MP Girish Bapat appointed chairman of estimates committee
- Girish Bapat, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Pune member of Parliament, has been appointed chairman of the estimates committee.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla made the appointment on Friday. Birla also named chairpersons of other parliamentary panels, including the public accounts committee, committee on public undertakings and committee on welfare of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
- The members of estimates committee include Danish Ali, Dayanidhi Maran, PP Choudhary, KC Patel, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Parvesh Sahib Singh Verma, Dilip Ghosh and Kamlesh Paswan.
Estimates committee is one of the three financial standing committees of the parliament apart from the public accounts committee and committee on public undertakings.
♦3 Indian-origin ministers in UK’s diverse Cabinet
- Boris Johnson has appointed three Indian-origin leaders in his top ministerial team, dubbed Britain’s most diverse Cabinet, after he took over as the new prime minister with a pledge that the UK would leave the EU on October 31.
- Hours after Johnson was appointed by the Queen as Britain’s new prime minister, he named Priti Patel Home Secretary, Alok Sharma as the International Development Secretary and Rishi Sunak as the Chief Secretary to the Treasury. They attended their first Cabinet meeting at 10 Downing Street on Thursday morning, on the way to which Sunak declared the new UK government was toughening up .
♦Badri Narain Sharma re-appointed as chairperson of National Anti-profiteering Authority
- The government on Thursday re-appointed Badri Narain Sharma as chairman of the National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) which ensures that consumers get benefit of reduced prices under the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- An official order said that Sharma, who was due for retirement on next Wednesday, will continue as the NAA chairman for another two years.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, cleared the name of Sharma, a 1985-batch IAS officer from Rajasthan, “for re-appointment for a period beyond July 31”, the order said.
- At present the NAA has three members — J C Chauhan, chairman, tax tribunal, Himachal Pradesh; and Indian Revenue Service officers R Bhagyadevi and Amand Shah.
♦Principal Mutual Fund appoints Ravi Gopalakrishnan as equity head
- Principal Mutual Fund has announced the appointment of Ravi Gopalakrishnan as head of equity. In his new role, Gopalakrishnan will lead the equity investment function for Principal AMC’s funds.
- Ravi Gopalakrishnan has more than 25 years of experience across mutual funds, portfolio management services and equity research. Most recently, Ravi was associated with Canara Robeco Asset Management Company as Head – Equity Investments, where he was responsible for managing their equity investments, where he was responsible for managing their equity investment strategies, research and funds.
- Previously, he was CIO-Equities at Pramerica and has worked as portfolio advisor at Hudson Fairfax Group (USA).
♦Dalilah Muhammad sets new 400 metre hurdles record
- Olympic champ Dalilah Muhammad sets new 400 meter hurdles record in 52.20 seconds, smashed previous mark of 52.34 seconds.
- Dalilah Muhammad on Sunday, set the world record in the 400 metres hurdles when she ran a blistering 52.20 seconds in the rain at the United States national championships.
- Muhammad’s time smashed the previous mark of 52.34 seconds set by Russian Yuliya Pechonkina in 2003.
- McLaughlin finished second in 52.88, just 0.13 shy of her personal best, with Spencer third in 53.11, equalling her best.
♦29th July International Tiger Day 2019
- In 1973, Project Tiger was started in India which was a unique plan to save tigers on the planet. The project was promoted by Indira Gandhi and her son Rajiv Gandhi till 1990. Later on, several changes took place in the project.
- But according to WWF around 3,900 wild tigers are left in the world. Since the beginning of the 20th century, over 95% of the world’s tiger population is lost. It is said that across the Asia, the snaring crisis poses a grave threat to wild tigers.
♦Meghalaya Assembly Speaker Donkupar Roy passes away
- Meghalaya Assembly Speaker Donkupar Roy passed away on Sunday at a hospital in Gurgaon following a brief illness, officials said.
- He was 64 years old.
- Roy, a former Chief Minister of the State, was first admitted to a state-run hospital in Shillong before being referred to the Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here