Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 29 June 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Haryana CM announces Rs 5 lakh annual health assistance to ‘loktantra senanis’
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar Wednesday announced an annual financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to “loktantra senanis” or their spouse for treatment at private or government hospitals.
- Besides, the term “emergency victim” on their identity cards would be replaced with “loktantra senani”, Khattar said.
- “Loktantra senanis” are those people who were imprisoned during the 1975-77 Emergency under preventive detention laws.
- The chief minister made the announcement while addressing them during a state-level function at Tagore Theatre in Chandigarh on Tuesday evening.
- The chief minister said the state government was also providing a monthly pension of Rs 10,000 to them.
Note- About Haryana
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Population: 2.54 crores (2011)
♦ MOA signed between Ministry of Shipping and IIT Kharagpur to set up CICMT
- A Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) signed between Ministry of Shipping and IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Kharagpur to set up Centre for Inland & Coastal Maritime Technology (CICMT) at IIT Kharagpur. CICMT is the first of its kind centre in India.
- The main aim is to focus on indigenisation of ship designing, building and testing.
- The MOA signed by IIT Kharagpur Director, Professor Partha P Chakraborty and Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping, Kailash Kumar Aggarwal in New Delhi.
- The total cost of the project is Rs.69.20 crore .It is funded under Sagarmala programme.
- It is for 5 years after which revenues generated from the end users.
- Four European countries namely Germany, the Netherlands, Russia and Belgium have model testing facilities for ships.
- Make in India initiative mainly will focus on ship design for coastal or inland waterways, shipbuilding technology cryogenic cargo handling, green/renewable energy harvesting from coastal and inland waters.
Banking and Financial
♦ India, Indonesia set USD 50 billion trade target by 2025
- India and Indonesia on Saturday set an ambitious USD 50 billion target for bilateral trade over the next six years as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Joko Widodo discussed ways to deepen cooperation in a number of key areas including economy, defence and maritime security.
- The two leaders, who are in Osaka, Japan for the G20 Summit, met in the morning and discussed ways to boost bilateral ties and enhance cooperation in trade and investment.
- According to Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar, India and Indonesia set a USD 50 billion target for bilateral trade by 2025.
Note- About Indonesia
- President: Joko Widodo
- Capital: Jakarta
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
♦ RBI allows ARCs to buy financial assets from peers
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed asset reconstruction companies (ARCs) to buy financial assets from other such entities. However, all such transactions have to settled in cash, the banking regulator said.
- “In view of amendment to the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Interest Act, 2002, it has been decided to permit ARCs to acquire financial assets from other ARCs,” the RBI said.
- “Price discovery for such transaction shall not be prejudicial to the interest of security receipt holders,” the RBI further said, adding the selling ARC must utilise the proceeds so received for the redemption of underlying security receipts.
♦ Indigenously developed nuclear-capable missile Prithvi-II test fired successfully
- India successfully test-fired indigenously developed nuclear-capable missile Prithvi-II as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range off the Odisha coast.
- The trial of the surface-to-surface missile, which has a strike range of 350 km, was carried out from a mobile launcher from Launch Complex-III of the Integrated Test Range, ITR at Chandipur.
- The missile is capable of carrying 500 to 1000 kg of warheads and is powered by liquid propulsion twin engines.
- Prithvi-II was also successfully test-fired on 21st February, last year from the ITR at Chandipur.
♦ Italy selected to host 2026 Winter Olympics in Milan, Cortina
- The International Olympic Committee announced Monday that Italy’s bid to host the 2026 Winter Olympics has been accepted.
- The games will be held in Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, IOC President Thomas Bach revealed during the announcement ceremony.
- After a daylong conference in Lausanne, Switzerland, which included presentations and questioning in closed-door sessions, the IOC selected Milan-Cortina over Swedish rivals Stockholm-Are to host the games.
- Currency: Euro
- Capital: Rome
♦ “Statistics Day” will be celebrated on 29th June, 2019
- The Government has been celebrating the Statistics Day, to popularize the use of Statistics in everyday life and sensitize the public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies. It has been designated as one of the Special Days to be celebrated at the national level and is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis, on 29th June, in recognition of his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System.
- Theme- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
♦ Working Women’s Forum founder Jaya Arunachalam passes away
- Jaya Arunachalam, founder of Working Women’s Forum (WWF), and a pioneer of the women’s self help group movement in the country, died on Saturday. She was 87.
- Through WWF, she helped several lakhs of women from underprivileged background to organise themselves towards becoming financially independent. Nandini Azad, her daughter, who is the president of Indian Co-operative Network for Women (ICNW) and member of the board of International Raiffeisen Union (IRU) in Germany, said that Ms. Jaya Arunachalam was unwell for the past two weeks. “However, she put up a relentless fight against her illness,” she said.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here