Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 3 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Gujarat CM launches ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched the ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’ from his home town Rajkot yesterday. The scheme for the welfare of girl child has been launched to mark the 63th birth day of Chief Minister.
- It is a statewide cash incentive scheme for every girl child born in Gujarat, with a view to raising the female birthrate at par with male to achieve gender equality.
- According to scheme, the State Government will pay Rs. 4,000 to every girl child at the time of admission to Standard 4th, Rs. 6,000 at the time of taking admission to Standard IX, 1-lakh at the time of taking admission for higher education at the age of 18 and another Rs. 1-lakh at the time of marriage.
- The Scheme was launched at a function in Rajkot as a part of Seva Setu Mega Camp jointly organized by the district administration and Municipal Corporation. Speaking on this occasion, Chief Minister Rupani said that 133-crore has been allocated for this scheme.
Note- About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Banking and Financial
♦SBI becomes 1st Indian bank to link up with China’s National Advance Payment System
- The State Bank of India’s Shanghai branch is now connected to China’s National Advance Payment System (CNAPS), becoming the first Indian Bank to operationalise it, a senior bank official said on Friday.
- The CNAPS, launched in 2008 by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) provides real-time settlement services for all payments cleared in mainland China, as well as in all clearing banks in offshore yuan centers, such as Hong Kong.
- The CNAPS system is complemented by its international counterpart, the CIPS (China International Payments System or Cross-Border Inter-Bank Payment System), launched in 2015 with the aim of boosting international use of the Chinese currency, yuan.
♦RBI Money Museum promotes people’s knowledge of banking system in Kolkata
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Money Museum at Council House Street in Central Kolkata, which opened earlier this year, has been drawing a lot of attention for its unique initiative. The museum has been built with an aim to improve people’s knowledge of the banking system with the help of interactive displays.
- Inaugurated on March 11, 2019, the Museum remains open from 10 am to 5 pm for visitors.
- The main attention of the museum is a huge tree made using defunct coins and demonetised notes attached with a computer model depicting how money gets transferred to the account digitally.
- Money Museum is divided into three sections, the first section depicts the evolution of the barrier system and the use of grains as currency in medieval ages. In continuity, the museum shows the evolution of money in modern times.
- Its printing and bond making machines catch the attention of visitors. The bond machine is said to be the only machine which was used to print bonds for different states.
♦RBI fines Oriental Bank Rs 1.5 cr for delay in reporting KFA fraud
- Oriental Bank of Commerce on Saturday said the RBI has imposed a fine of Rs 1.5 crore on it for delay in reporting fraud in the Kingfisher Airlines account.
- This is to inform that the RBl in exercise of powers conferred under various sections of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 has imposed an aggregate penalty of Rs 1.5 crore on the bank for failure to classify and report the account of Kingfisher Airlines Limited as fraud, the state-owned lender said in a regulatory filing.
Note- About Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- CEO: Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Tagline- Where every individual is committed
♦RBI allows Bank of China to offer regular banking services in India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday allowed Bank of China to offer regular banking services in the country. All commercial banks, like SBI, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank and ICICI Bank, are in the Second Schedule. Banks falling under this schedule have to adhere to the norms of the RBI.
- “We advise that the ‘Bank of China Limited’ has been included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934…,” the central bank said.
- In another notification, the RBI said ‘Jana Small Finance Bank Limited’ too has been included in the Second Schedule.
- Further, the name of ‘The Royal Bank of Scotland plc’ has been changed to ‘NatWest Markets Plc’ in the Second Schedule.
- Meanwhile, ‘National Australia Bank’ has ceased to be a banking company within the meaning of the Banking Regulation Act, the RBI said and added that it has been excluded from the Second Schedule.
♦RBI fines PNB Rs 50 lakh for delay in reporting Kingfisher Airlines fraud
- State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) on Saturday said the RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 50 lakh on it for delay in reporting of fraud in the account of Kingfisher Airlines.
- “RBI observed from the fraud monitoring report-1 submitted by Punjab National Bank on July, 10 2018 that the bank had delayed the reporting of fraud in the account of Kingfisher Airlines Limited,” PNB said in a regulatory filing.
- In exercise of the powers conferred under various sections of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, a penalty of Rs 50 lakh was imposed by the RBI on the bank.
Note- About Punjab National Bank
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Sunil Mehta
- Founders: Lala Lajpat Rai, Dyal Singh Majithia
♦Indian-origin doctor Bhasha Mukerjee wins Miss England 2019 crown
- 23-year-old Indian-origin doctor has been crowned Miss England after fending off competition from dozens of other models, the media reported on Friday.
- Accoridng to The Daily Mail, Bhasha Mukherjee, 23, from Derby, holds two different medical degrees, has an IQ of 146, making her officially a ‘genius’ and is fluent in five languages.
- She was due to start her new job as a junior doctor in a hospital in Boston, Lincolnshire, just hours after the Miss England final ended.
♦President Kovind honoured with National order of Merit, highest award of Republic of Guinea
- President Ram Nath Kovind has been awarded the National order of Merit by the President of Guinea for his exceptional contribution to the advancement of overall relations and development of mutual cooperation between India and Guinea and for promoting friendship and partnership between the people of both the countries.
- This is the highest award of Republic of Guinea.
- During the award ceremony President Kovind said, the award is dedicated to people of India and Guinea for his friendship. Earlier, The President had extensive talks with his counterpart. During the delegation level talks, a range of areas of mutual interest in bilateral, regional and multilateral fields have been discussed.
Note- About Guinea
- Capital: Conakry
- Currency: Guinean franc (GNF)
♦4 August Friendship day
- Friendship Day is a day to celebrate the special relationship between friends and cherish the lovely memories. Friendship Day is observed on the first Sunday of August every year across the world. In 2019, Friendship Day falls on August 4.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here