Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 3rd July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Cabinet approves MoU between India and Maldives in Health Sector
- The Union Cabinet has given ex-post-facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Republic of Maldives on cooperation in the field of Health signed on 08th June, 2019.
- The Memorandum of Understanding covers the following areas of cooperation: –
- Exchange & Training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals and experts;
- Medical and health research development;
- Regulation of medicines and medical products, and exchange of information thereon;
- Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases;
- E-Health and Telemedicine; and
- Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
Note- About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦Cabinet approves MoU between India and Maldives for Shipping
- The Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval for the MoU between India and Maldives for the establishment of passenger and cargo services by sea, which was signed on June 8, 2019 during the visit of Prime Minister of India to Maldives.
- India is a leading development partner of Maldives and has established many of the leading institutions of Maldives. Currently, India has provided US $100 million Stand-by Credit facility (SCF) to Maldives, including long-term loans and revolving credit for trade.
International (Current Affairs)
♦U.S. Senate passes legislative provision to give India NATO ally-like status
- The U.S. Senate has passed a legislative provision that brings India at par with America’s NATO allies and countries like Israel and South Korea for increasing defence cooperation.
- The National Defense Authorisation Act or NDAA for the fiscal year 2020, that contained such a proposal was passed by the U.S. Senate last week.
- Introduced by Senate India Caucus Co-Chair Senator John Cornyn with the support of Senate India Caucus Co-Chair Senator Mark Warner, the amendment provides for increased U.S.-India defence cooperation in the Indian Ocean in the areas of humanitarian assistance, counterterrorism, counter-piracy and maritime security.
Note- About U.S
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- President: Donald Trump
- Currency – Dollar
♦World’s most powerful passports index
- The latest Henley Passport Index 2019 ranks the Indian passport on the 86th position with a mobility score of 58. The score points out that Indian passport holders can access 58 countries around the world without a prior visa.
- The index includes 199 passports and 227 travel destinations — including micro-states and territories.
- India shares the 86th position with Mauritiana and Sao Tome and Principe.
- Japan and Singapore hold joint top spot on the Henley Passport Index.
♦Germany fines Facebook $2.3 million for violating hate speech law
- German authorities said Tuesday that they have imposed a 2-million euro (USD 2.3 million) fine on Facebook under a law designed to combat hate speech.
- The Federal Office for Justice said the social networking company had failed to meet transparency requirements for its handling of hate speech complaints.
Note- About Germany
- Capital: Berlin Trending
- Currency: Euro
- Population: 8.28 crores (2017) Statistisches Bundesamt, Germany
Banking and Financial
♦RBI fines 4 bank, including PNB for violation of KYC norms
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 1.75 crore on four public sector banks, including PNB and UCO Bank, for non-compliance with KYC requirement and norms for opening of current accounts.
- Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bank and UCO Bank have been fined Rs 50 lakh each, while a penalty of Rs 25 lakh has been imposed on Corporation Bank.
- Giving details, the RBI said the penalty has been imposed for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions issued by it on Know Your Customer norms or anti-money laundering standards and opening of current accounts.
♦SBI inks MoU with NIIF to boost capital availability for infrastructure projects
- State Bank of India (SBI) and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) on Monday inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to boost the availability of capital for infrastructure projects.
- The scope of the MoU includes equity investments, project funding, bond financing, renewable energy support and take-out finance for operating assets, according to the joint statement issued by SBI and NIIF.
- The objective of this initiative is to aid in filling the gap at a time when the availability of equity and debt financing for infrastructure has moderated.
♦Manoj Kumar Nambiar elected chairman of MFIN
- Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) has elected Manoj Kumar Nambiar, managing director of Arohan Financial Services, as its chairman.
- Vineet Chattree of Svatantra Microfin will be the vice-chairman, the industry association and self-regulatory organisation (SRO) for the microfinance industry in India.
Note –About MFIN
- Microfinance Institutions Network is an association for the microfinance sector in India. Its member organizations constitute the leading microfinance institutions in the country.
♦Odisha to host 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis C’ship
- Odisha Government is set to host the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, scheduled for July 17 to 22.
- Through its Department of Sports and Youth Services (DSYS), the government of Odisha on Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) and Odisha State Table Tennis Association (OSTTA) to host the event.
Note- About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Population: 4.6 crores (2018)
♦Ambati Rayudu retires from all forms of cricket
- Snubbed twice over for the ongoing World Cup, Indian middle-order batsman Ambati Rayudu on Wednesday retired from all forms of cricket without specifying his reasons for calling it quits.
- The 33-year-old Andhra Pradesh batsman was in India’s official standbys list for the big event in the UK but was ignored despite the injury-forced ouster of all-rounder Vijay Shankar.
Book and Author
♦Smriti Irani launches author Dr Krishna Saksena’s fiction ‘Whispers of Time’
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani on Sunday launched ‘Whispers of Time’, a book authored by Dr Krishna Saksena, here at the India International Centre.
- The occasion was also graced by author and columnist Lady Kishwar Desai.
- By coming up with a new book at age 91, Saksena has proved that it is never too late to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- ‘Whispers of Time’, the author’s ninth book, is an effort to condense nine decades of her life experiences, realisations and observations into a book of fiction based on facts.
♦Industrialist B.K. Birla passes away
- Industrialist B.K. Birla, the grandfather of Kumar Mangalam Birla, died in Mumbai on Wednesday, sources said. He was 98.
- Mr. Birla was the chairman of Century Textiles and Industries, and had been active in business since the age of 15.
- He was instrumental in a slew of business initiatives, starting with his stint as the chairman of Kesoram Industries, they said.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here