Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 30 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Annai Velankanni festival began in Chennai
- The Velankanni Church festival began in Chennai with thousands of pilgrims paying a visit to the Annai Velankanni Shrine (Our Lady of Good Health) in Besant Nagar.
- The annual 11-day festival will be held at the Our Lady of Good Health Churches in Chennai’s Besant Nagar and the coastal town of Velankanni in Nagapattinam district, Tamil Nadu from August 29 to September 8 this year.
- A feast dedicated to Mother Mary will be held on September 8 to mark the conclusion of the festival.
♦ Tamil Nadu’s Dindigul lock, Kandangi saree get GI tag
- The products — 150 years old the Dindigul lock and the Kandangi saree — were given the GI tag by the Geographical Indications Registry in Chennai on 29 August.
- Both these products were losing their sheen in the market, and the GI tag would help them get some recognition.
- Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Barwari lal Purohit
Banking and Financial
♦ Government announce mega bank mergers
- The government on 30 August mega plan to merge 10 public sector banks into four as part of plans to create fewer and stronger global-sized lenders as it looks to boost economic growth from a five-year low.
- i)Punjab National Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India will combine to form the nation’s second-largest lender;
- ii) Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank will merge
- iii) Union Bank of India will amalgamate with Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank; and Indian Bank will merge with Allahabad Bank.
- Note: The number of nationalised public sector banks to 12 from 27 in 2017.
♦ India’s GDP growth slows to 5% in April-June
- India’s economy expanded at its weakest pace in more than six years in April-June. Earlier Aril-June growth pace weakest since 3% of Jan-March 2013.
- Reason: consumer demand and private investment slowed at a time when global trade frictions have dampened business sentiment.
- Asia’s third-largest economy grew at a slower-than-expected 0% in the latest three-month period, compared with 5.8% in the previous quarter.
♦ GeM and SIDBI sign MoU to enable growth of MSMEs, Start-ups and Women Entrepreneurs
- Government e Marketplace (GeM), Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry has signed an MoU with Small Industries Development Bank of India [SIDBI].
- Aim: MSMEs, women entrepreneurs, Self Help Groups (SHGs), Women Self Help Groups and various loan beneficiaries under MUDRA and Stand-up India scheme.
♦ Indian girls create an app “Maitri” won tech prize in US
- Five girls have developed a mobile app (Maitri) that connects children at orphanages with senior citizens in old-age homes, with their innovation fetching them a bronze medal at global tech competition in the US.
- App’s Aim: Bringing together individuals suffering from loneliness and depression and those lacking the nurturing love of elderly role models.
♦ Nripendra Misra Resign As Principal Secretary To PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s top bureaucratic aide and Principal Secretary (PS) since 2014, Nripendra Misra, resign from his position.
- Mr. Modi has appointed outgoing Cabinet Secretary P.K. Sinha as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the PMO.
♦ V K Vismaya won gold in womens 400m held at MJS athletics Czech Republic
- Indian sprinter VK Vismaya produced a personal best timing of 52.12s to clinch the gold medal in the women 400m run at the International Athletic Meeting – Josef Seckár Memorial (MJS) in Brno, Czech Republic on 30 August.
- Vismaya, who had earlier scored a personal best of 52.48 at Nové Mesto nad Metují in the same country last month, along with India’s other premier quartermilers, has been in Europe for some time now.
- Note: About Czech Republic
- Capital: Prague
- Currency: Czech koruna
♦ ISSF World Cup: Abhishek Verma wins gold, bronze for Saurabh Choudhary in 10m Air Pistol in Rio
- Asian Games medallist Abhishek Verma won the gold while teen sensation Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the bronze as Indian shooters dominated the podium in the men’s 10m air pistol event of the ongoing ISSF World Cup .
- Note: Abhishek Verma and Saurabh Chaudhary had already secured India’s Olympic quotas.
Book and Author
♦ Book on former US President titled “Obama: The Call of History”
- A new book on Barack Obama give an in-depth account of the former US President years in office while examining his legacy publishers Penguin India. Obama: The Call of History. The book is written by Peter Baker.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here