Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 31 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Cabinet approves ISRO Technical Liaison Unit at Moscow
- Cabinet has given nod to the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow in Russia.
- Briefing reporters in New Delhi after the cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said, the unit will collaborate with Space agencies and industries in Russia and neighbouring countries for mutually synergetic outcomes.
- He said, ITLU will also support the ongoing bilateral programmes of cooperation in space technology and act on behalf of ISRO.
- The Cabinet has also approved the signing of United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA) resulting from mediation by India.
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
♦‘Odisha Rasagola’ finally gets GI tag
- The rasagola, a popular dessert of Odisha, has received the geographical indication tag from the Registrar of Geographical Indication after years of controversy around the sweet.
- The registration was conferred to ‘Odisha Rasagola’ under Section 16(I) or of authorized Section 17(3)(c) of Geographical Indication of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act 1999 on Monday. The GI number 612 has been registered in favour of the Odisha Small Industries Corporation Limited (OSIC Limited), a government of Odisha undertaking and Utkal Mistanna Byabasayee Samiti, a traders’ organisation, in the foodstuff category.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Singapore Tops Asia In Dell Global Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019, Bengaluru Top Indian City
- According to the latest “Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019”, sponsored by Dell and conducted by London-based global information provider, IHS Markit, The Singapore tops in Asian city ranked at 21st position.
- Indian cities Bangalore(Karnataka) and Delhi ranked 43rd (7th in Asia) and 50th (10th in Asia).The ranking measures a city’s ability to attract and support high potential women entrepreneurs. And it is constructed using five “pillars” They include market, talent, capital (all 3 under operating Environment), culture and technology(under Enabling Environment).San Francisco Bay Area topped the list. They secured 63.7 points It is followed by New York(62.9 points) and London(3rd ).
Note- About DELL
- CEO: Michael S. Dell
- Headquarters: Round Rock, Texas, United States
- Founder: Michael S. Dell
- Founded: 1 February 1984, Austin, Texas, United States
Banking and Financial
♦Microsoft acquires data privacy and governance service BlueTalon
- Microsoft announced that it has acquired BlueTalon, a data privacy and governance service that helps enterprises set policies for how their employees can access their data. The service then enforces those policies across most popular data environments and provides tools for auditing policies and access, too.
- Neither Microsoft nor BlueTalon disclosed the financial details of the transaction. Ahead of today’s acquisition, BlueTalon had raised about $27.4 million, according to Crunchbase. Investors include Bloomberg Beta, Maverick Ventures, Signia Venture Partners and Stanford’s StartX fund.
Note- bout Microsoft
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
♦Douglas McMillon, CEO, Walmart World’s most influential CEOs global ranking 2019
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani (49th), IOC Chairman Sanjiv Singh(69th) and ONGC head Shashi Shanker(77th) are among the 10 Indian CEOs named in CEOWORLD Magazine’s global ranking of the most-influential CEOs in 2019.
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell Second and third rank Lakshmi Niwas Mittal, Chairman and CEO, ArcelorMittal.
♦Indian Federation of Sports Gaming appoints Justice A.K. Sikri as ombudsman
- The Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG), country’s self-regulatory industry body for the online fantasy sports gaming sector, on Monday announced the appointment of Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri as its ombudsman and ethics officer.
- Joining IFSG as the industry body’s first ombudsman, Justice A.K. Sikri will be responsible for investigating queries/complaints raised by the users of the online fantasy sports gaming platforms. In this role, he will provide strategic council, resolve disputes brought forward regarding binding rules or financial discrepancies as well as steer hearings and make announcements for smooth operation and ease of functioning.
♦India, Myanmar sign defence cooperation agreement
- India and Myanmar signed a defence co-operation agreement providing for boosting bilateral military engagement, weeks after the two countries carried out a coordinated operation targeting several militant groups operating in the Northeast. The pact was inked after Commander-in-Chief of Myanmar’s Defence Services Senior General Min Aung Hlaing held extensive talks with Minister of State for Defence Shripad Yesso Naik.
- Hlaing, accompanied by a high-level delegation from the Myanmar Defence Services, also met Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat and Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh. Officials said the talks were aimed at enhancing the overall defence co-operation, including strengthening training being provided to Myanmar defence personnel by India.
Note- About Myanmar
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
- President: Win Myint
♦Inauguration of FCP and launching of Mobile Application “Indian Air Force: a cut above”
- Minister of Human Resource Development, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the ‘Facilitation cum Publicity Pavilion (FCP)’ at the National Bal Bhavan, New Delhi. Present on the occasion were Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shri Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao and Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC, Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee & Chief of the Air Staff. Later, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa launched the upgraded 3D Air Combat Mobile Game “Indian Air Force: A Cut Above” at the same venue.
- The FCP is an endeavour to connect to more than 7.5 lakh children that visit the Bal Bhavan annually. It is a unique technologically advanced set up which has been conceptualized on the premise of “look and feel” norm for tender aged children of Class IV – X to connect to the IAF.
♦Indian Air Force signs Rs 1500 crore deal with Russia for R-27 air-to-air missiles
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has signed a deal with Russia for buying R-27 air-to-air missiles worth over Rs 1500 crore. The missiles will be fitted on the Su-30MKI fighter planes. The missiles will further strengthen the air-to-air combat capability of the air force.
- “A contract has been signed with Russia for the acquisition of R-27 air-to-air missile to be fitted on the Su-30MKI combat aircraft fleet of the Indian Air Force,” government sources said.
- The R-27 missile is designed to destroy air targets in adverse weather conditions at any time of day.
- The missile has a length of 4m, a body diameter of 0.23m and wingspan of 0.77m. The weight of the missile is 253kg. The R-27 can be launched from an altitude of 25km, up to a range of 60km. The guidance system of the missile includes semi-active radar seeker with command updates.
♦16-year-old First Fortnite world champ wins $3 million
- All those hours playing video games have paid off for a 16-year-old.
- Kyle Giersdorf, of Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, won $3 million as the first Fortnite World Cup solo champion. The competition took place Sunday at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York.
- That payout is more than Tiger Woods made for winning the 2019 Masters Tournament.
♦Former RBI Deputy Governor Subir Vithal Gokarn passes away
- Former Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor Dr Subir Vithal Gokarn (60) passed away on Tuesday after a brief illness. He was the RBI Deputy Governor from 2009-12 and oversaw Monetary Policy Research and Financial Markets department.
- “I share this with a heavy heart…Subir Gokarn, my friend and colleague, passed away a few hours back,” Shamika Ravi, a member of Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council and a research director with Brookings India tweeted late on Tuesday night where Dr Gokarn was also a research director.
♦Cafe Coffee Day founder V G Siddhartha’s passes away
- The body of Cafe Coffee Day founder V G Siddhartha has been found from the Nethravathi river, according to TV reports on Wednesday.
- Siddhartha’s body was found on the banks of the river near the Hoige Bazaar in Mangaluru.
- Siddhartha, the founder of India’s largest coffee chain, went missing on Monday night en route to the coastal Karnataka city of Mangaluru, with a letter purportedly written by him showing he was under “tremendous pressure” from lenders and one of the private equity partners (PEs). The letter also alleged “a lot of harassment” from tax authorities.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here