Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 31 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India now has 9 UTs and 28 states
- The state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) ceased to exist at midnight on October 30 and was converted into two Union Territories (UTs).
- The UTs of Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh will be headed by Lieutenant Governors GC Murmu and RK Mathur, respectively. They will take oath early on October 31.
- This is for the first time that a state is being converted into two UTs. The total number of states in the country is now 28, while the total UTs has gone up to 9.
♦PM pays tributes to former PM Mrs. Indira Gandhi, on her death anniversary
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah on 31st October paid homage to former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her death anniversary.
- Amit Shah also paid tribute to the former prime minister while flagging off ‘Run For Unity’ marathon on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi.
- Indira Gandhi served as the first and only woman prime minister of India from January 1966 to March 1977 and again from January 1980 until her assassination in October 1984.
♦TANGEDCO fined ₹1 lakh for non-payment of compensation
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) has levied a penalty of ₹1 lakh on Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (TANGEDCO), for non-compliance of its direction to pay compensation to a consumer group for delay in service connection.
- Coimbatore Consumer Cause had moved a petition seeking to impose penalty on TANGEDCO for alleged deliberate disobedience of the Commission’s order.
♦Rafael Grossi elected as the new IAEA head
- Rafael Mariano Grossi of Argentina has been elected as the new Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency. In the final balloting held 30th October, Grossi received the required majority from the IAEA Board of Governors to be appointed new Director General.
- The Argentine received the support of 24 members of the 35-nation Board of Governors, ahead of Romania’s Cornel Feruta with 10 votes.
- The Board of Governors decision will be submitted for approval to the IAEA General Conference, which consists of representatives of all 171 member states.
- The new Director General — appointed for a term of four years — will be the IAEA’s sixth head since it was founded in 1957. The Board envisages that he will assume office no later than 1 January 2020.
♦Bodycare International ropes in Bollywood diva Shilpa Shetty Kundra on board as brand ambassador
- Apparel and garment brand Bodycare International has roped in bollywood actress, producer and entrepreneur Shilpa Shetty Kundra as brand ambassador for its new range of anti-bacterial thermal wear.
- The brand seeks to use the actress image of a strong new age woman to reach out to a wider range of customers.
Banking and Financial
♦High-level advisory suggests panel for easier entry to foreign investors led by Surjit Bhalla
- A high-level advisory group (HLAG) on trade and policy has recommended simpler regulatory and tax framework for overseas investment funds, allowing individual investment from abroad in Indian debt and capital markets, and state-specific policies to facilitate foreign direct investment in agro-processing.
- The group — led by Surjit Bhalla, a former member of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council, and formed last year in September — has also proposed making Invest India the centralised authority for issuing licences.
♦Nawazuddin Siddiqui gets Golden Dragon Award at Cardiff International Film Festival
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been honoured with the prestigious Golden Dragon Award at the Cardiff International Film Festival for excellence in cinema in the global arena.
- The Gangs of Wasseypur actor was presented the award by counsel general of Wales, UK, Mick Antoniw, at an event in Cardiff.
♦Rashtriya Ekta Diwas observed across country to mark birth anniversary of Sardar Patel
- National Unity Day – Rashtriya Ekta Diwas – is being observed across the country today, on the occasion of the 144th birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Since 2014, October 31st is observed as the National Unity Day and people from all walks of life participate in the ‘Run For Unity’
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|