Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 4th July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Devotees Celebrate Jagannath Rath Yatra In Odisha
- A sea of devotees gathered at the beach town of Puri in Odisha for the annual nine-day Jagannath Rath Yatra that began today. Lakhs of people converged in Puri for a glimpse of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Devi Subhadra on the Bada Danda (Grand Road) as they travel from their home — the 12th century Jagannath temple to the Shree Gundicha temple, home of their aunt.
- The deities will travel to Gundicha temple on three giant wooden chariots — Nandighosa (Lord Jagannath), Taladhwaja (Balabhadra) and Darpadalan (Subhadra) — to be pulled by the gathered devotees.
Note- About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Population: 4.6 crores (2018)
Banking and Financial
♦Economic Survey 2019 highlights
- Changes suggested in govt’s flagship scheme names
- The Survey suggests that the government’s flagship schemes for social welfare and taxation be changed to more accurately reflect the Centre’s agenda. The document suggests a behavioural economics approach to naming these schemes.
- The changes, as suggested, are:
- From ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ to ‘BADLAV’ (Beti Aapki Dhan Lakshmi Aur Vijay Lakshmi)
- From ‘Swachh Bharat’ to ‘Sundar Bharat’
- From ‘Give It Up” for LPG subsidy to ‘Think about the Subsidy’
- From ‘tax evasion’ to ‘tax compliance’
- National TFR to be lower than replacement rate by 2021
- The Survey predicts that the national Total Fertility Rate (TFR) will be lower than the replacement rate in 2021.
- The TFR for India as a whole is 2.3, currently. Rural areas have a TFR of 2.5, while urban areas are lower, at 1.8.
- GNPA ratio in public sector banks down by 1.4 percentage points
- The Survey says: “The performance of the banking sector (domestic operations), Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in particular, improved in 2018- 19. The Gross Non-Performing Advances (GNPA) ratio of SCBs decreased from 11.5% to 10.1% between March 2018 and December 2018.”
- Cuts in repo rate not flowing down
- “Today there are significant opportunities in technology available for banks to screen borrowers so that the level of credit goes up but so does the quality of the borrowing.”
- 8% GDP growth needed for PM’s $5-trillion economy target
♦Amid liquidity crunch, sluggish auto sales, ICICI Bank ties up with IndoStar to finance CVs
- ICICI Bank has tied up with IndoStar Capital Finance Ltd (IndoStar) to finance purchase of used and new commercial vehicles (CV) by small and medium fleet owners.
- “Under this partnership, IndoStar will originate and service the customers through the entire loan life-cycle, including sourcing, documentation, collection and loan servicing, while ICICI Bank will provide funding to these customers,” the bank said in a statement on Wednesday.
Note- About ICICI bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tag line- Hum Hain Na!
♦Tapan Ray committee to review core investment
- The Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday said it has constituted a working group to review regulatory guidelines and supervisory framework applicable to core investment companies (CICs).
- The six-member committee — headed by Tapan Ray, non-executive Chairman, Central Bank of India and former Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs — will “examine the current regulatory framework for CICs in terms of adequacy, efficacy and effectiveness of every component thereof and suggest changes”, the RBI said.
- It will assess the appropriateness of and suggest changes to the current approach of the RBI towards registration of CICs, including the practice of multiple CICs being allowed within a group, the banking regulator said in its statement.
- The panel will also suggest measures to strengthen corporate governance and disclosure requirements for CICs and assess the adequacy of supervisory returns submitted by CICs and suggest changes.
♦IMF appoints economist David Lipton as interim leader, replacing Lagarde
- American economist David Lipton will serve as interim leader of the International Monetary Fund, replacing Christine Lagarde who was nominated to head the European Central Bank, the IMF board announced Tuesday.
- “We accept Ms Lagarde’s decision to relinquish her IMF responsibilities temporarily during the nomination period,” the board said.
- “We have full confidence in First Deputy Managing Director David Lipton as Acting Managing Director of the IMF.
Note- About IMF
- Formation: 27 December 1945; 73 years ago
- Membership: 189 countries
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
♦Harideesh Kumar is now Director of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- B Harideesh Kumar has been appointed as director of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for a period of three years.
- He took charge recently. Earlier, he was Executive Director of Canara Bank and brings with him a lot of domain related experience in the banking sector.
♦Poznan Athletics Grand Prix: Gold for Hima, bronze for Vismaya
- Indian star sprinter Hima Das, who had been struggling with a back injury in the last few meets, won the women’s 200m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix at Poznan, Poland, on Tuesday night.
- The Under-20 quartermile champion, who has a personal best of 23.10s, clocked 23.65s on her way to the gold medal. Hima’s teammate V.K. Vismaya pipped Iga Baumgart-Witan, who had helped Poland to the 4x400m relay bronze at the 2017 London Worlds, to finish third with a personal best 23.75s. Vismaya had clocked a personal best in the 400m a few days ago.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here