Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 5 & 6 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current affairs)
♦Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express, India’s ‘first private train’ flagged off
- Railways make a huge shift in tracks as India’s first “private” train “Tejas” run on the tracks. its subsidiary IRCTC flagged off on the Lucknow-New Delhi route. The first corporate train of the country may pave way for more if this experiment of handing over certain operations to IRCTC is successful.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off Tejas express. The semi-highspeed train that will run between Delhi and Lucknow from Charbagh railway station in Lucknow.
♦India launches “Green Crackers” in its bid to curb air pollution
- In a bid to resolve the crisis of air pollution, the Governnment today launched green firecrackers. Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan announced in a Press Conference in New Delhi, that Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) labs have been successful in developing various environment-friendly fireworks such as sound emitting crackers, flowerpots, pencils, chakkar and sparklers.
- He further pointed out that these fireworks, based on new formulations developed by CSIR, have been manufactured and are available in the Indian market for consumers and sellers.
♦NHA partners with Google for Ayushman Bharat health scheme
- The National Health Authority (NHA), the apex body responsible for implementing the Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme, has signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with Google to collaborate and strengthen the implementation of the programme.
- Aims: Google shall help provide training and support to NHA personnel to build on digital skills. The collaboration will seek to bolster PM-JAY’s objective of reaching the poor and vulnerable, reducing their high out-of-pocket health expenditure, and improving access to quality healthcare
- Note: About Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or National Health Protection Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in India.
- Launched: 23 September 2018
♦IMD Smart City Index 2019; Hyderabad Top Indian City
- Singapore has officially been ranked as the smartest city in 2019 , out of 102 cities in the world, in the first edition of the IMD Smart City Index 2019 (SCI) released by IMD World Competitiveness Center’s Smart City Observatory in partnership with Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Hyderabad has topped the ranking and has been positioned at 67. Other Indian cities in the index are New Delhi (68), Mumbai (78) and Bengaluru (79).
Banking and Finance
♦Uco Bank launch of 3 new digital products
- Uco Bank, which recently became the regional bank for the east, launched three new digital products in Kolkata.
- The new products launched by the bank’s managing director and CEO, A K Goel, were UCash, Digilocker and an app.
- UCash: UCash enables customers to withdraw money from ATMs through mobile banking without using debit card
- Digilocker: Digilocker aims to eliminate the use of physical documents and enables sharing of verified electronic documents.
- App: New mobile app, integrates four existing apps of the bank – UCO Mbanking, UCO UPI, UCO Mpassbook and UCO Secure- in a single interface
Note: About UCO Bank
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
- Founder: Ghanshyam Das Birla
- Tagline:”Honours your Trust”.
♦Vijay Patil elected president of Mumbai Cricket Association
- Education baron Vijay Patil elected unopposed as President of the Mumbai Cricket Association.
- Mr Amol Kale was elected as the Vice-President. Mr Vijay Patil is the son of former Governor and Congress Politician Dr. DY Patil.
- Mr Shahalam Shaikh was chosen as Joint Secretary while Mr Jagdish Achrekar was elected as the Treasurer.
♦Opening Ceremony Indo Mongolian Joint Exercise Nomadic Elephant- XIV
- 14th edition of Indo – Mongolian joint military training, Exercise Nomadic Elephant–XIV commenced today. The exercise will be conducted from 05 to 18 Oct 19 at Bakloh.
- Aim: Training troops in counter insurgency & counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate. The joint exercise will enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two nations.
Note: About Mongolia
- Capital: Ulaanbaatar
- Currency: Mongolian tögrög
- President: Khaltmaagiin Battulga
♦Defence Minister approves four-fold hike in monetary aid for battle casualties
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved a four-fold increase in monetary assistance for battle casualties – from ₹2 lakh to ₹8 lakh. The amount will be granted under the Army Battle Casualties Welfare Fund (ABCWF).
- “Earlier, there was a provision of financial assistance of ₹2 lakh to the battle casualties which are fatal, 60% above disability, battle casualties invalided out due to disability and ₹1 lakh to disability less than 60%.
♦4th October: World Animal Day 2019
- World Animal Day is internationally celebrated every year on 4 October to mark a day to raise awareness about the protection of animals all over the globe.
- This day is celebrated in many different ways in every country, irrespective of nationality, religion, faith or political ideology.
♦5th October: World Teachers Day
- This day is observed on October 5 every year with an aim to improve teachers’ situation in the world. It was decided in the meeting between UNESCO and the International Labor Organization in the year 1966.
- Theme 2019: “Young Teachers: The Future of the Profession”
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here