Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 5 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦CSIR signs MoU with BHEL to push ‘Make in India’ initiative
- CSIR and BHEL have signed an MoU to cooperate, collaborate and pursue industrial application oriented research programmes and its commercialization in large scale.
- Thus, indigenously developed technologies by CSIR shall be commercialised & implemented jointly by BHEL & CSIR in the country, to make the Government of India initiative “Make in India” successful.
Note: About BHEL
- CEO: Nalin Singhal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Established: 1964
♦India ranks 5th in Global Climate Risk Index
- India is the fifth most vulnerable country to climate change, according to a report released by Environment think tank, Germanwatch.
- In the Climate Risk Index 2020, India’s rank has worsened from the 14th spot in 2017 to 5th in 2018 in the global vulnerability ladder.
- Japan is the worst-hit country in 2018 (the last year covered by the data), while Germany and Canada were both also in the ‘bottom 10’, that is, the most affected.
|Ranking 2018||Country Name|
International (Current Affairs)
♦NATO Summit 2019 held in United Kingdom
- The United Kingdom will host NATO Heads of State and Government in London, on 3-4 December 2019.
- The NATO Leaders Meeting, chaired by the NATO Secretary General, will take place at the Grove Hotel, Hertfordshire on 4 December 2019.
- 2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the alliance’s meetings. Nato summits are a periodic opportunity for Heads of State and Heads of Government to meet and evaluate Nato’s current strategies, evaluate the alliance’s current position and brainstorm strategic direction.
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Founded: 4 April 1949
Banking and Financial
♦RBI keeps benchmark interest rate unchanged at 5.15%
- The Reserve Bank of India on 5th December kept the key policy rate unchanged at 5.15 per cent and decided to continue with its accommodative stance to support the economy.
- Six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, unanimously voted to hold the key repo rate at 5.15 per cent and reverse repo rate at 4.90 per cent.
|Reverse Repo Rate||4.90%|
|Marginal standing facility (MSF) Rate||5.40%|
|Cash reserve Ratio (CRR)||4%|
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR)||18.50%|
♦FY20 GDP forecast to 5%: RBI
- The RBI reiterated that it would maintain an accommodative stance as long as necessary to revive economic growth but cut its GDP growth forecast to 5 per cent for the 2019-20 fiscal from the earlier estimate of 6.1 per cent.
- According to the RBI, the need at this juncture is to address impediments, which are holding back investments in the economy.
♦India-Russia Joint Tri-Services Exercise ‘Indra 2019’ to begin in Pune, Goa & Babina
- Indra 2019, joint tri-services exercise between India and Russia will be conducted in India from 10 to 19 December simultaneously at Babina (near Jhansi), Pune, and Goa. The Indra series of exercise began in 2003 and the 1st joint tri-services exercise was conducted in 2017.
- World’s greatest Armed Forces to join hands and successfully conduct an exercise of this magnitude with professionalism, to imbibe the best practices from each other, jointly evolve and drills to defeat the scourge of terror under the United Nation mandate.
♦5th December: International Volunteer Day
- International Volunteer Day (IVD), is an opportunity for us all to promote volunteerism, encourage governments to support volunteer efforts and recognize volunteer contributions to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at local, national and international levels.
Theme 2019: “Volunteer for an inclusive future”.
♦5th December: World Soil Day 2019
- Every year, December 15 is celebrated as the World Soil Day. The day highlights the soil’s importance on Earth. Soil is one of the basic requirements for survival. It is also home to a number of organic remains, clay and rock particles, found on the Earth’s surface.
- The day was first celebrated on December 5, 2012, corresponding with the birthday of Thai king Bhumibol Adulyadej, who officially sanctioned the event.
Theme 2019: “Stop soil erosion, Save our future”.
♦Bob Willis: Former England cricket captain passed away
- The fast bowler took 325 wickets in 90 Tests from 1971 to 1984, claiming a career-best 8-43 to help England to a famous win over Australia at Headingley in the 1981 Ashes.
- In a statement, Willis’ family said he had died “after a long illness”.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here