Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 5 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Delhi Cabinet include OBC, gen category students in ‘Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri scheme’
- The Delhi Cabinet on Tuesday decided to include other backward class and general category students in its ‘Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Yojana’, and enhance financial assistance from ₹40,000 to ₹1 lakh for coaching for various competitive exams.
- About Scheme-civil service aspirant will be provided financial assistance upto ₹1 lakh for 12-month coaching. An applicant whose annual family income is less than ₹8 lakh will be able to avail the scheme.
International (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi announces $1 bn line of credit for development of Russia’s Far East
- India on 5 September announced an “unprecedented” $1 billion line of credit for the development of Russia’s Far East with Prime Minister Narendra Modi vowing that New Delhi will walk shoulder-to-shoulder with Moscow in its quest for the development of the resource-rich region.
- Addressing the plenary session of the 5th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) here, prime minister Modi said it was a “unique case” of India providing such special credit line to another country.
- “For the development of the Far East, India will give line of credit worth $1 billion. My government has actively engaged East Asia as part of its ‘Act East’ policy,”
Banking and Financial
♦CRISIL cuts GDP growth to 6.3% form 6.9% in fiscal 2020
- Rating agency CRISIL on 4 September cut India’s fiscal year 2020 GDP growth forecast to 3% from its earlier forecast of 6.9%, after the economy grew 5% in the first quarter, it’s slowest in almost 6 years.
- “While on-ground indicators did suggest that the quarter would look worse than the previous one (at 5.8%), the extent of fall has caught everyone by surprise.
♦Wipro bags $300-million deal from ICICI Bank
- Wipro Ltd has secured a strategic seven-year engagement, valued at $300 million, from ICICI Bank to provide a comprehensive suite of services.
- “This engagement will further strengthen our endeavour to provide differentiated technology and digital capabilities to the financial services industry,”.
- IT services company Vara lnfotech provides these services to ICICI Bank.
♦India among top 10 nations in gold reserves
- India has pipped the Netherlands to move into the list of top ten countries in terms of total gold reserves.
- According to the World Gold Council, India has gold reserves totalling 618.2 tonnes, which is marginally higher than the Netherlands’ reserves of 612.5 tonnes.
- India actually ranks ninth since the International Monetary Fund (IMF) occupies the third position after the U.S. and Germany.
- According to the latest release by the World Gold Council,
|1||US (8,133.5 tonnes)|
|3||IMF (2,451.8 tonnes)|
|4||Italy (2,451.8 tonnes),|
|5||France (2,436.1 tonnes),|
|6||Russia (2,219.2 tonnes),|
|7||China (1,936.5 tonnes),|
|8||Switzerland (1,040 tonnes)|
|9||Japan (765.2 tonnes)|
|10||India (618.2 tonnes)|
♦World’s most liveable cities: Delhi slips six places to 118; Mumbai in 119th spot
- India’s capital city fell six places to rank 118th on a list of the world’s most liveable cities owing to increase in cases of petty crimes and poor air quality, an annual survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) showed.
- list topped by Austrian capital Vienna for the second consecutive year.
- About liveable cities Survey :The Economist Intelligence Unit’s liveability rating quantifies the challenges that might be presented to an individual’s lifestyle in 140 cities worldwide. Each city is assigned a score for over 30 qualitative and quantitative factors across five broad categories of stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.
♦Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to award PM Modi
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced the Global Goalkeeper Award 2019 for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The award recognizes his goal-oriented venture plan Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the largest private foundation in the world, is a private establishment founded in 2000. It is located in Seattle, Washington. The foundation is claimed by a very rich person donor Microsoft founder Bill Gates and his significant other Melinda Gates.
- Global Goalkeeper Award 2019 is a special award of the foundation.
♦Visit of Indian Naval Ships to Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- As part of Indian Navy’s Overseas Deployment to South East Asia and Western Pacific, Indian Navy ships Sahyadri and Kiltan are making a port call at Sihanoukville, Cambodia from 05 – 08 Sep 19. The ships are part of the Indian Navy’s Eastern Fleet under the Operational Command of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command, based at Visakhapatnam.
- There would be professional interactions between personnel of both the navies, official calls and interaction with dignitaries of the Royal Cambodian Navy.
Note :About Cambodia
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Currency: Cambodian riel
♦5th September- Teacher Day
- Teachers’ Day in India is celebrated on 5 September every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan – First Vice President of India and the Second President of India and an educationist at heart in India, we celebrate it on 5th September from 1962 onwards.
- International Teachers’ Day is celebrated on 5th October.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here