Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 7 & 8 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Lucknow railway station gets ‘Health ATM’
- The Indian Railways has installed two ‘Health ATMs’ at the Charbagh railway station in
- The kiosks, promoted by YOLO Health ATM, provide 16 health check-ups for Rs 50-100. There are two types of check-ups — a 9-minute one that costs Rs 100, and a 6-minute one that costs Rs 50. The report is delivered instantly to the email or smartphone of the user.
- Health ATMs can be defined as private, walk-in medical kiosks with integrated medical devices for basic vitals, cardiology, neurology, pulmonary testing, gynecology, basic laboratory testing and emergency facilities and staffed by a medical attendant.
♦Om Birla addresses 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla addresses 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries.
- He said that terrorism not only damages the society but also significantly impacts the economy. Mr Birla, who is in Tokyo to attend the 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries, shared his views with Presiding Officers of Parliaments of G20 countries.
International (Current Affairs)
♦2nd no money for terror conference 2019 in Melbourne, Australia
- The 2nd ‘No Money for Terror’ 2019 conference going on in Melbourne, Australia. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Kishan Reddy is leading a five-member delegation to the ‘No Money For Terror’ Ministerial Conference taking place in Melbourne, Australia.
- India will host the No Money For Terror conference to be held in 2020.
- About: No Money For Terror
- The No Money For Terror conference organized by Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) of over 100 countries jointly called The Egmont Group. The importance of international cooperation in the fight against money laundering and financing of terrorism at the Egmont Arenberg Palace in Brussels, Belgium.
Note: About Australia
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
♦Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan re-elected as President of UAE
- The UAE’s Supreme Council of the Union has re-elected His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan as its President for a fourth five-year term.
- President Sheikh Khalifa was first elected President of the UAE by the Supreme Council of the Union on 3rd November, 2004. President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa accompanied the builder of the UAE renaissance, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, in the founding stage in the 70s and 80s of the last century. After the death of the Founding Father, he led the country and contributed to the prosperity of the UAE, and its prominence locally and globally.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
Banking and Financial
♦RBI Panel Proposes Tighter Rules For Core Investment Companies headed by Tapan Ray
- A Reserve Bank of India working group has proposed stricter rules for Core Investment Companies, including restricting the number of such layers that can exist in a group. The group has also suggested changes that are intended to reduce the build-up of leverage at complex groups via CICs. CICs are a set of non-banking financial companies which hold a minimum of 90 percent of net assets in the form of investment in equity shares, preference shares, bonds, debentures, debt or loans in group companies.
- The committee headed by Tapan Ray, a former public sector banker and secretary to the corporate affairs ministry.
The committee suggested that:
- Capital contribution by a CIC in a step-down CIC, over and above 10 percent of its owned funds, should be deducted from its ‘adjusted net worth’. Further, step-down CICs may not be permitted to invest in any other CIC, but allowed to invest freely in other group companies. Existing entities can be given a two-year glide path to comply with the rules.
- The number of layers of CICs in a group should not exceed two, as in case of other companies under the Companies Act. Again, a two-year glide path has been suggested for existing firms.
♦Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Launches ‘Farmitra’ App
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, the private general insurer launched industry’s first mobile app ‘Farmitra’ catering to the specific needs of farmers. Through this app, farmers will not only get insurance solutions, but also a range of other information and advisories which will cater to their day to day farming needs.
- Benefit: Farmers address their worries and provide them relevant information which they can use in optimizing their farming practices. This will create value for farmers, thereby increasing engagement with them.
- Users of this app can see regular weather forecast specific to their area, advisories customized as per the selected crops, market price of crops, news related to agriculture developments and also a locator for seed/soil testing labs, fertilizer dealers, Cold Storage around the area. In terms of insurance, users can access the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) portal to buy crop insurance, check their application status, register claims and reach out to program coordinators. They can also buy Motor and Health insurance policies offered by the Company.
♦Tech Mahindra acquires New York-based BORN Group for $95 million
- IT services firm Tech Mahindra Ltd (Tech M) has acquired BORN Group, a New York-based digital content and production agency, for $95 million in an all-cash deal.
- BORN’s services include consulting, content creation, maintenance and hosting services, digital and social marketing, among others. It has clients such as Google, Tata, Red Bull and TAG Heuer.
♦Dr. Vinaya Shetty appointed as IODA’s 1st Indian and Asian General Vice President
- “Dr Vinaya Shetty, our first Indian woman elected to the post of General Vice President (GVP), International Organisation Development Association (IODA) since its inception in 1986, General Vice President is a charismatic and respected professional who moves and inspires her audience, as if it was the easiest thing on earth.
- Dr Vinaya has helped in change and transformation of numerous organisations across industries in India and has been contributing in facilitating IODA’s efforts since 2009.
♦Six professors awarded Infosys Prize 2019 for science and research
- Six eminent professors have won the Infosys Prize 2019 across different categories of science and research, the software major’s science foundation.
- The annual award includes a pure gold medal, a citation and a prize purse worth $100,000 or its equivalent in the Indian rupees.
- The winners of the Infosys Prize 2019 were announced across six categories — Engineering and Computer Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences.
- Infosys prize 2019: Full List of winners
|Humanities||Manu V Devadevan
(Assistant Professor, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT, Mandi)
|Engineering and Computer Science||Sunita Sarawagi
(Institute Chair Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, IIT, Bombay)
|Life Sciences||Manjula Reddy
(Chief Scientist, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad)
|Mathematical Sciences||Siddhartha Mishra
(Professor, Department of Mathematics, ETH Zürich)
|Physical Sciences||G. Mugesh
(Professor, Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, IISc, Bengaluru)
|Social Sciences||Anand Pandian
(Professor, Department of Anthropology, Krieger School of Arts & Sciences, Johns Hopkins University)
♦Gulab Kothari to be awarded Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award by PCI
- Rajasthan Patrika group chairman Gulab Kothari has been chosen for the prestigious Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award, presented by the Press Council of India.
- Purpose: Outstanding contribution towards journalism. The award will be presented on November 16 on the occasion of the National Press Day.
- Sanjay Saini, Correspondent, Dainik Bhaskar, Mandi, and Raj Chengappa, Group Editorial Director, India Today, have been jointly named as winners of the award in the category of ‘Rural Journalism’.
- Shiva Swarup Awasthi, Senior Reporter of Dainik Jagran, and Anu Abrahim, sub-editor of Matrubhumi, Calicut, have been selected under the award category of Developmental Reporting.
- P G Unnikrishnan, Senior Photographer, The Matrubhumi, and Akhil E S, News Photographer, Matrubhumi, were named as winners of the award in the ‘Photo Journalism-Single News Picture’ category.
- Sipra Das, Consulting Editor (Photography), India Empire Magazine and Parliamentarian Magazine, has been selected in the category of ‘Photo Journalism-Photo Feature.
- Ruby Sarkar, Special Correspondent, Deshbandhu, Bhopal, has been selected for the award category of ‘gender based reporting’.
♦TVS boss Venu Srinivasan becomes first Indian industrialist to receive prestigious Deming award
- TVS Group Chairman Venu Srinivasan was conferred with the prestigious Deming Prize at a ceremony held in Tokyo.
- Srinivasan becomes the first industrialist from India to be bestowed this award for his contributions in the field of total quality management (TQM), TVS Motor Company
- The Deming Prize is sponsored by Japanese Union of Scientists and Engineers (JUSE).
♦Kumar Mangalam Birla gets UAE govt-backed ABLF Global Asian Award
- Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, received the prestigious ABLF Global Asian Award in Dubai.
- The award, backed by the UAE government, honours Birla for being a “powerful individual whose business footprint and commitment to excellence have engaged international interest and attention.
♦India, Indonesia Joint Naval Exercise “Samudra Shakti” In Bay Of Bengal
- India is jointly exercising its anti-submarine warfare corvette INS Kamorta along with Indonesian warship KRI Usman Harun, a multi-role corvette, in the Bay of Bengal as part of an ongoing bilateral exercise ”Samudra Shakti”,
- Indian Navy-Indonesian Navy bilateral exercise ”Samudra Shakti” from November 6-7.
Note: About Indonesia
Currency: Indonesian rupiah
President of Indonesia: Joko Widodo
Book and Author
♦Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launches 3 books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched three books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji at Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi on the occasion of 550thBirth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- Three Book title: Guru Nanak Bani, Nanak Bani, and Sakhian Guru Nanak Dev to spread the message of Guru Nanak Dev.
♦Titled “Kashmir”, the book written by Historian Chitralekha Zutshi release
- Not limiting Kashmir to a “zone of conflict”, a new book throws light on the rich history of the valley, describing it as a “sacred space”, “princely state”, “nation”, “secular symbol” and more.
- Titled “Kashmir“, the book written by Historian Chitralekha Zutshi, is part of the Oxford India’s short introduction series.
♦7th November: National Cancer Awareness Day 2019
- National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on November 7th every year in India. The announcement to observe the day was made in September 2014 by Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- On this day, watch how wig makers in Bengaluru are bringing smiles to cancer patients, who battle social stigma of hair loss after going through chemotherapy.
♦8th November: International Day of Radiology 2019
- International Day of Radiology event is organised by the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT). Let us tell you that X-rays were discovered by Wilhelm Roentgen in
- Theme: International Radiology Day 2019 is “Sports Imaging”.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here