Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 8 &9 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦IICTF 2019 to be organised from 11 to 13 October in New Delhi\
- Centre government has taken various prominent decisions targeting to increase the exports in agriculture sector upto 60 billion by 2022; India International Cooperative Trade Fair 2019 which will be organised in New Delhi’s Pragati Maidan between 11 and 13 October would enhance the role of small peasants and cooperative organisations in export. More than 150 cooperative organisations and representatives from around 35 countries will be participating in the Fair.
- Aim: Boost for small and marginalised farmers and cooperative organisations the government has announced that The India International Cooperative Trade Fair which would be organised in New Delhi later this month.
♦MoUs signed between India and Foreign Broadcasters in the field of Radio and Television
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval for the MoUs between India and Foreign Broadcasters in the field of Radio and Television.
- Benefits: The MoUs with the Foreign Broadcasters will help:
- i)Public broadcaster in exploring new visions;
- ii)New Strategies to address the demands of new technologies and stiff competition;
- iii)Media liberalization; and
♦AIIMS, Health Ministry launch ‘eDantSeva’ website and app
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences in collaboration with the Union Health Ministry launched the first-ever website and mobile application ‘eDantSeva’ on oral health awareness.
- About ‘e-DantSeva’: The digital platform, ‘e-DantSeva’, contains information about the National Oral Health Programme, a detailed list of all the dental facility and colleges, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material and a unique feature called the ‘Symptom Checker’.
♦India Drops 10 Places To 68th On Global Competitiveness Index; Singapore Replaces US At Top
- India has moved down 10 places to rank 68th on an annual global competitiveness index, largely due to improvements witnessed by several other economies, while Singapore has replaced the US as the world’s most competitive economy.
- India, which was ranked 58th in the annual Global Competitiveness Index compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF).
|3||Hong Kong SAR(Special Administrative Region)|
♦Centre’s green nod to Rs 1,400 cr airport project in Kutch
- The Centre has given its green nod for developing a commercial airport in Kutch, Gujarat, entailing an investment of about Rs 1,400 crore, according to an official document.
- The proposed project to be developed by Mundra International Airport Pvt Ltd was recently approved by the Union Environment Ministry after taking into consideration the views of an expert panel.
Note: About Gujarat
Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
Banking and Financial
♦Kerala Bank gets RBI approval, to begin services starting November 1
- The Reserve Bank of India has accorded approval to the Kerala government to set up the Kerala Bank.
- The Kerala Bank will begin its services from November 1 to coincide with the Kerala Piravi Day. It will be set up by merging all 13 District Cooperative Bank (DCB) with the Kerala State Cooperative Bank (KSCB).
♦BSE joins hands with Ficci to boost MSME sector
- In a bid to enhance Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and startups in the leading stock exchange, BSE in association with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has organised a session to identify gaps in the existing policies.
- “Some of the concerns identified were simplifying the MSME definitions, availability of funds which will result in improved attitude of lenders and borrowers, pull up payment delays and increasing market access for the MSMEs.
Note: About BSE
BSE MD and CEO: Ashishkumar Chauhan
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Founded: 9 July 1875
♦Reliance Mutual Fund renamed as Nippon India Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund has been renamed as Nippon India Mutual Fund
- Sundeep Sikka will continue to lead the company with the same management team.
- Nippon India Mutual Fund becomes the largest foreign-owned AMC in India, wherein Japan’s largest life insurance company Nippon Life Insurance currently holds 75 per cent stake.
♦Nobel Prize 2019
The 2019 Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology
- William G. Kaelin Jr (American)
- Gregg L. Semenza (American)
- Sir Peter J. Ratcliffe (British scientist)
- They have been nominated for the prize for their discoveries of how cells sense and adapt to oxygen availability.
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2019
- James Peebles (Canadian-American)
- Michel Mayor (Switzerland)
- Didier Queloz (Switzerland)
The 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- John D Goodenough
- Stanley Whittingham
- Akira Yoshino
- For the development of lithium-ion batteries.
♦8th October: Indian Air Force Day
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) will celebrate its 87th birthday with a spectacular air display that will include vintage and modern transport aircraft and frontline fighters.
♦9th October: World Post Day
- Every year, the World Post Day is celebrated on October 9. The day was instituted at the 1969 UPU Congress in Tokyo, Japan to commemorate the date for the establishment of Universal Postal Union. The day is also observed to highlight the importance of the postal services.
Books and Author
♦Michelle Obama publishing Companion Journal to Becoming
- Michelle Obama is back with a companion guided journal to her 2018 bestseller, Becoming!
- Kirkus reports that Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Random House, announced the forthcoming journal, Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice, set for release on November 19.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here