Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 8 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Andhra Pradesh govt to launch Navodayam scheme for MSME loan restructuring
- The Andhra Pradesh government led by Chief Minister YS Jagamohan Reddy is set to launch outreach programme ‘Navodayam’ for thousands of ailing Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the state, with a one-time restructuring of loans that will provide the required lifeline for small industrial units.
- About 86,000 MSMEs in the state have been identified for restructuring under Navodayam with an outlay of Rs 3,900 crore, sources in the Department of Industries and Commerce said.
Note- About Andhra Pradesh
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Population: 4.97 crores (2011)
- Literacy rate: 67.41% (2011)
♦UNIDO & National Institute of Solar Energy to partner for skill development program
- An agreement has been signed between the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) to initiate a skill development programme for different levels of beneficiaries in the solar thermal energy sector.
- NISE and UNIDO will engage national and international experts to bring the best practices by developing specialized training material.
- The agreement is a part of the ongoing MNRE-GEF-UNIDO project implemented jointly by UNIDO and to support capacity building and skill development of technical manpower in the Concentrated Solar Thermal Energy Technologies (CST) which are being used to replace conventional fossil fuels e.g. coal, diesel, furnace oil etc. and save costs and emissions in the industrial process heat applications.
Note- About UNIDO
- Headquarters: Vienna, Austria
- Founded: 1966
Banking and Financial
♦Jana Small Finance Bank receives Scheduled Bank status from RBI
- Jana Small Finance Bank Ltd announced on Thursday it has got the status of a Scheduled Bank from RBI.
- The Bengaluru-headquartered bank, established as a financial services company in 2009, said it presently operates 260 branches and 338 asset centres serving over 5.5 million customers in different states.
- The bank’s aim has always been to provide financial inclusion to the underserved sections of the society, including small business units, small and marginal farmers, micro and small industries, its MD & CEO, Ajay Kanwal said.
♦24×7 fund transfers under NEFT from Dec 2019 to boost digital payments
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will allow the National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) payment system to operate on a 24×7 basis from December 2019. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said the move was expected to revolutionise the retail payments system of the country.
- At present, the facility of NEFT — usually preferred for fund transfers of less than
- Rs 2 lakh — is available between 8 am and 7 pm on all working days, except the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
♦NCAER expects India’s GDP to grow at 6.2% in FY20
- India’s GDP growth is likely to be 6.2 per cent during the current fiscal, down from 6.8 per cent in 2018-19, on account of flat growth in agriculture sector, economic think-tank NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research).
- As per the NCAER, the growth rates in exports and imports, in dollar terms, are estimated at 4.4 per cent and 3.3 per cent, respectively.
♦Pranab Mukherjee, Nanaji Deshmukh, Bhupen Hazarika received Bharat Ratna
- Former president Pranab Mukherjee, late Bharatiya Jana Sangh leader Nanaji Deshmukh and late singer Bhupen Hazarika were received the Bharat Ratna, the country’s highest civilian award, on Thursday.
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave the award to Mr. Mukherjee, Hazarika’s son Tej and Virenderjeet Singh, a close relative of Deshmukh, at a function held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Hazarika and Deshmukh were given the Bharat Ratna posthumously.
♦Bengaluru to host 10th AASF Asian Age Group C’ships 2019
- Bengaluru will host the 10th AASF Asian Age Group Championships 2019 for the first time, giving the Indian swimming enthusiasts an opportunity to witness the largest aquatic event in the continent.
- The nine-day sporting extravaganza, scheduled to be held between September 24 and October 2, is set to have over 40 countries and more than 1200 participants competing for top honours in four different aquatic disciplines, including swimming, diving, water polo, and the visually-mesmerizing artistic swimming.
Note- About AASF Asian
- Founded-1978 in Bangkok
- Headquarters in Muscat, Oman
♦Veteran director J Om Prakash Passed away at 93
- Veteran director and actor Hrithik Roshan’s grandfather, J Om Prakash, passed away on Wednesday. He was 93.
- He made films such as “Aap Ki Kasam” (1974) and “Aakhir Kyon?” (1985).
- His collaboration with Jeetendra yielded five big hits — “Apnapan” (1977), “Aasha” (1980), “Apna Bana Lo” (1982), “Arpan” (1983) and “Aadmi Khilona Hai” (1993).
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|