Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 7 & 8 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Railways ‘RailWire’ Wi-Fi goes in 5500 Railway Stations
- Railways has successfully completed the work of providing free public Wi-Fi at 5500 stations across the country. Mahua Milan Railway Station of East Central Railway zone, became the 5500th station in the country to have free public Wi-Fi.
- This is a unique initiative as this Wi-Fi network is one of the largest Wi-Fi networks of the world.
- The journey started in January 2016 from the financial capital of India – Mumbai Central station and in a span of 46 months Railways has successfully provided Wi-Fi at 5500 stations across the country.
♦Aberdeen in Andaman adjudged best police station in country
- Aberdeen in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands has been adjudged the best performing police station in the country while dealing with property offence, crime against women and weaker sections.
- Balasinor in Mahisagar district of Gujarat has been selected the second best while Ajk Burhanpur in Burhanpur district of Madhya Pradesh the third best police station in the country.
|1||Aberdeen||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|3||Ajk Burhanpur||Madhya Pradesh|
|4||AWPS Theni||Tamil Nadu|
Banking and Financial
♦NEFT transactions to be available 24×7 from 16 December
- In a bid to promote digital transactions, the RBI on 6th December said round-the-clock transactions will be allowed under the National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) system from December 16.
- The 24X7 NEFT system will be available on all days of the year, including holidays.
- NEFT transactions are settled in hourly batches. For weekdays, the batches are from 8 am to 7 pm. On first and third Saturdays, the settlement happens from 8 am to 1 pm.
- From July 1 this year, RBI had decided not to levy charges on transactions through NEFT and Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system in order to promote digital transactions in the country, and asked banks to pass on the benefits to the customers. RTGS is meant for large-value instantaneous fund transfers, while NEFT is used for fund transfers of up to ₹2 lakh.
♦15th Finance Commission submits its report for 2020-21 to President headed by N K Singh
- The Finance Commission submitted its report for the financial year 2020-21 to President Ram Nath Kovind on 5th December. The Commission headed by N K Singh apprised the President of the recommendations contained therein, an official statement said.
- The 15th Finance Commission was constituted by the President of India under Article 280 of the Constitution on November 27, 2017, to make recommendations for a period of five years from April 2020 to March 2025.
♦Canada’s CPPIB to invest up to $600 million in Indian infrastructure fund
- Canada’s biggest public pension fund is investing up to $600 million in India’s National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF), as it seeks to grow its infrastructure bets in Asia’s third-largest economy.
- The deal includes a commitment of $150 million in NIIF’s Master Fund and co-investment rights of up to $450 million in future opportunities to invest alongside the Master Fund, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB).
- India needs investments worth about $778 billion for highways, urban transport and renewable energy by 2022, according to the India Brand Equity Foundation, a government body.
♦Girish Chandra Chaturvedi to succeed Ashok Chawla as NSE chairman
- Girish Chandra Chaturvedi, the former petroleum secretary, was appointed chairman of the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- The chairman’s post was vacant since January, following Ashok Chawla’s resignation amid CBI-related developments in the Aircel-Maxis case.
- Just like Chawla, Chaturvedi has been a civil servant. He also serves as non-executive chairman of ICICI Bank.
♦7th December: Armed Forces Flag Day
- Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated on 7th December every year in India, with an objective to collect the funds from people for the betterment of the Armed Forces staff just by selling Indian flags, batches, stickers and other items.
- During the Armed Forces Flag Day, the staff from the Indian Military arranges various traditional and cultural programs, dramas, festivals, and other entertainment activities to show in front of the general public of the nation about their safety.
♦7th December: International Civil Aviation Day
- ICAO was established on 7 December 1944 to secure international cooperation and uniformity in civil aviation matters.
- This observance aims to generate and reinforce global awareness of the importance of international civil aviation in the social and economic development.
- Theme of ICAD 2019-2023 is “75 years of connecting the world”.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|