Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 8th June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
♦ India, Portugal to join hands in setting up maritime museum
- India and Portugal will cooperate in the setting up of a national maritime heritage museum at Lothal in Gujarat.
- The Indian Navy is keen to be a stakeholder in the project and the Portuguese Navy has agreed to assist with their experience of administering the maritime museum in Lisbon, according to defence sources.
- Initial discussions were held during the visit of Portuguese Defence Minister João Gomes Cravinho to India in April.
- “It was agreed that we could work together to develop the maritime museum at the ancient Indian site of Lothal. Portugal Navy looks after their museum in Lisbon so it was discussed that we in India could follow a similar model,” a defence source said. A Defence Ministry-led delegation would visit Portugal to study the existing museum, the source added.
- Capital: Lisbon
- Currency: Euro
♦ Housing Ministry launches Swachh Survekshan League
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri on Thursday launched Swachh Survekshan League 2020. It will be conducted in three quarters of 2019 and the final quarter in 2020.
- The results of the League will form part of Swachh Survekshan 2020, the 5th edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India to be conducted in January-February 2020.
- “Every year, the Swachh Survekshan is redesigned innovatively, to ensure that the process becomes more robust, with focus on sustaining the changed behaviours,” Puri said, adding that it was seen that the cities were mostly cleaned up just before the survey and subsequently slipped down in cleanliness, which was a major concern.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ G20 Finance Ministers call for creation of digital tax
- Japan, US, China, France and the UK wanted digital giants such as Amazon, Google and Facebook to be taxed based on their revenue and number of users in every market where they operate.
- The Finance Ministers of the G20 member nations on Saturday called for the creation of a digital tax for multinational technology companies, the details of which will be finalized next year.
- The initiative was debated on Thursday during a G20 Ministerial Symposium in the Japanese city of Fukuoka, with the world’s leading industrialized countries coming out in favour of setting up a new tax model that is adapted to the digital economy, reports Efe news.
- Chairperson: Shinzō Abe
- Founder: Group of Seven
- Founded: 26 September 1999
♦ Text of PM’s address in Majlis, the Parliament of Maldives
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Maldives today and was accorded a ceremonial welcome. This is the first foreign trip of PM Modi ever since he took charge after winning the 2019 Lok Sabha election.
- He was received by Foreign Minister of Maldives at the Velana International Airport. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held talks with President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and also addressed the national Parliament.
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- Continent: Asia
♦ Agreements/MoUs signed during the State Visit of Prime Minister to Maldives
|S. No.||Name of Agreement/ MoUs||Signatory from Indian side||Signatory from Maldivian side|
|1.||MoU for Cooperation in the Field of Hydrography between Indian Navy and Maldives National Defence Force||Vijay Gokhale,
|Uza. Mariya Ahmed Didi, Minister of Defence|
|2.||MoU on Cooperation in the field of Health between GoI and GoM||Sunjay Sudhir,
Ambassador of India
Minister of Health
|3.||MoU for the Establishment of Passenger and Cargo Services by Sea between Ministry of Shipping, GoI and Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation, GoM||Sunjay Sudhir,
Ambassador of India
Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation
|4.||MoU for Cooperation in Customs Capacity Building between the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs of India and the Maldives Customs Service||Sunjay Sudhir,
Ambassador of India
Commissioner General of Customs
|5.||MoU between National Centre for Good Governance, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and Maldives Civil Service Commission on Training and Capacity Building Programme for Maldivian Civil Servants||Sunjay Sudhir,
Ambassador of India
|Dr. Aly Shameem,
President/ Chairman, Civil Service Commission of Maldives
|6.||Technical Agreement on Sharing White Shipping Information between the Indian Navy and the Maldives National Defence Force||Sunjay Sudhir,
Ambassador of India
|Brigadier General Abdul Raheem Abdul Latheef,
Vice Chief of Defence Forc
Banking and Financial
♦ Fincare SFB, Kookmin Bank get included into second schedule of RBI Act
- Fincare Small Finance Bank and Kookmin Bank have been included in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, according to RBI notifications. Fincare Small Finance Bank was included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act vide notification dated March 28, according to an RBI notification on Thursday.
- The central bank in separate notification said that Kookmin Bank has been included in the Second Schedule vide notification dated April 4.
- Fincare Small Finance Bank in a statement said that as a Scheduled Commercial Bank, it can now broad-base its lines of funding and liquidity facilities.
- The Bank can issue certificates of deposits and get access to interbank borrowings at competitive interest rates, enabling it to bring down its cost of funds, the bank said Thursday.
♦ Maldives confers highest civilian honour on Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in the Maldives on Saturday on his first foreign visit after re-election to strengthen the bilateral ties, reflecting the importance India attaches to its ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy.
- Mr. Modi was received at Male airport by Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid.
- “Friendship forever! PM @narendramodi arrives in Male, capital of Maldives to a warm reception by Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid.
- Mr. Modi was conferred with the Maldives’ highest honour “Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” during his two-day state visit to the country.
♦ Deccan Development Society women felicitated for winning UN awards
- Director General of National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE) V Usharani appreciated the efforts of Deccan Development Society (DDS) for empowering women.
- She was the chief guest at the programme organised by the DDS at Pastapur village to felicitate six women who bagged prestigious UN award. Usharani said it is a proud movement that illiterate women got the international recognition. She wished that continuous encouragement would elevate them to new heights.
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
♦ Military government chief Prayuth Chan-ocha elected Thailand PM
- Thailand’s new parliament has elected military government chief Prayuth Chan-ocha as the country’s prime minister, completing a transition from coup leader to head of a civilian government in a system seen tilted in his favour.
- He comfortably exceeded the 375-vote threshold in the two houses of parliament to give him the majority needed to fend off his sole challenger, a charismatic billionaire heading up the anti-military government coalition.
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Thai baht
♦ World Oceans Day 8 June
- We celebrate World Oceans Day to remind everyone of the major role the oceans have in everyday life. They are the lungs of our planet, providing most of the oxygen we breathe. The purpose of the Day is to inform the public of the impact of human actions on the ocean, develop a worldwide movement of citizens for the ocean, and mobilize and unite the world’s population on a project for the sustainable management of the world’s oceans. They are a major source of food and medicines and a critical part of the biosphere. In the end, it is a day to celebrate together the beauty, the wealth and the promise of the ocean.
- Theme2019- “Gender and Oceans”
♦ World Doll Day 8 June
- The First World Doll Day was established on June 14th, 1986 with a letter by Mildred Seeley. It was created to spread the universal message of happiness and love.
- The day is not owned by any company, club or person and no fees, permission or obligations are required.
- Many have celebrated the day by giving a doll to someone–a child or adult, but freedom of expression and celebration are left up to the individual. In the past, the day has been observed with exhibits, sales, seminars, doll shows and other doll related activities
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|