Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 9 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current affairs)
♦Environment minister Prakash Javadekar launches website for COP14
- Union Environment minister Prakash Javadekar launched a website ‘unccdcop14india.gov.in, which contains all the information related to COP14 .
- The 14th Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (COP14), will take place on 2-13 September 2019 at the India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida, Delhi NCR, India.
- Over 3,000 participants from all over the world are expected to participate in COP14.
♦Union HRD Minister to launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive on 9th August 2019 to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school students in the country. This mega drive will be launched at Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Auditorium, Kendriya Vidyalaya , Delhi Cantt.
- Five Major Objectives:
- i)To educate students learn about conservation of water
- ii) To sensitize Students about the impact of scarcity of water
- iii) To empower Students to learn to protect the natural sources of water
- iv) To help every Student to save at least one litre of water per day
- v) To encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level
♦Centre seeks proposals for 5,000 electric buses under the Fame-II scheme
- The central government on Tuesday called proposals from state transport departments for the deployment of 5,000 electric buses, to be supported under the Fame-II scheme.
- This is the first time that the country has issued such a large tender for electric buses. The selected cities will be offered a subsidy of 40% on cost, or up to Rs 55 lakh per a standard bus of 10-12 metres. The incentive for a midi-bus of 8-10 metres is up to Rs 45 lakh, while for a mini electric bus, it is Rs 35 lakh .
♦UP govt signs MoU with Netherlands for bilateral cooperation
- The Uttar Pradesh government and that of the Netherlands extended the life of a bilateral agreement of cooperation in several fields by another five years.
- The agreement for extending the life of earlier memorandum of understanding till 2024 was signed by officials in the presence of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and the Netherlands ambassador to India, Marten van den Berg, said an official statement.
- The MoU also related to cooperation in fields of transport management, energy efficiency, sewerage and effluent treatment, agriculture, dairy and horticulture, development of smart cities in UP, cultural heritage and the cycle track infrastructure development in various cities of the state.
Note- About Netherlands
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
- PM- Mark Rutte
Banking and Financial
♦ADB Provides $200 Million to Upgrade Rural Roads in Maharashtra State
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of $200 million to upgrade rural roads to all-weather standards in 34 districts of India’s Maharashtra State to better connect rural areas with markets and services.
- “The upgraded roads under the ADB project will boost links between local residents, productive agricultural land, and economic centers across the state,” said ADB Principal Portfolio Management Specialist Mr. Sanath Ranawana. “Improving farmers’ access to markets will in turn help boost agricultural productivity and incomes as well as promote investment in agribusiness and agriculture value chain infrastructure.”
Note- About ADB
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Takehiko Nakao
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Membership: 68 countries
♦SBI Life Insurance, Indian Bank ink Bancassurance pact
- SBI Life Insurance and Chennai-headquartered Indian Bank have entered into a bancassurance pact to offer holistic financial planning solutions to the latter’s customers. The partnership will see over 2,851 branches of Indian Bank spread across the country offer SBI Life’s diverse range of individual and group insurance solutions.
- Commenting on the partnership, Padmaja Chunduru, MD & CEO, Indian Bank said, “This tie-up with a reputed player will add to the bouquet of products to the valued customers of the Bank”. Sanjeev Nautiyal, MD & CEO, SBI Life Insurance said that Bancassurance as a channel has been a strong differentiator for the life insurer and it continues to explore more opportunities through partnerships with credible organisations.
Note- About SBI
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded-2 June 1806, Bank of Calcutta
- 15 April 1840, Bank of Bombay
- 1 July 1843, Bank of Madras
- 27 January 1921, Imperial Bank of India
- 1 July 1955, State Bank of India
♦Indian Bank, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance ink pact
- Public sector Indian Bank has inked a pact with private sector insurer Aditya Birla Sun Life to offer life insurance products to the bank’s customers.
- The partnership would see around 2,900 branches of the bank offering diverse range of life insurance policies to its customers, a bank statement said Wednesday.
- Under the tie-up, Aditya Birla Sun Life insurance would work with city-headquartered bank for sales training, product support and ensuring smooth operational processes.
- The documents were exchanged between Indian Bank Managing Director and CEO, Padmaja Chunduru, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Company, MD and CEO Ajay Srinivasan here recently the statement added.
♦Industrial production growth slips to 2% in June
- Industrial production growth dropped to 2% in June, mainly on account of poor show by mining and manufacturing sectors, according to official data released on August 9.
- Factory output, as measured by the Index of Industrial Production (IIP), had expanded by 7% in June 2018.
- There was a slowdown in the manufacturing sector, which grew at 1.2% in June as compared to 6.9% a year ago. The expansion in power generation sector stood at 8.2%, compared to 8.5% earlier.
♦66th National Film Awards 2019
- The 66th National Film awards were announced by Rahul Rawail, head of the Jury for feature films, on Friday.
- List of winners
- Best non feature film: Son Rise by Vibha Bakshi and The Secret Life of Frogs by Ajay and Vijay Bedi
- Best Educational Film: Sarala Virala
- Best Director: Uri : The Surgical Strike- Aditya Dhar
- Best Feature Film: Hellaro a Gujarati film directed by Abhishek Shah
- Best Actor: Ayushmann Khuranna for Andhadhun and Vicky Kaushal for Uri : The Surgical Strike
- Best Actress: Keerthy Suresh for Mahanati
- Best Supporting Actor – Swanand Kirkire for Chumbhak
- Best supporting actress – Surekha Sikri for Badhaai Ho
- Best Action Direction: KGF Chapter I
- Best Choreography: Padmaavat for Goomar
- Best Lyrics: Nathichirami (Kannada)
- Best Music Direction (Songs): Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Padmaavat
- Best Music Direction (Background score): Uri
- Best Sound Design: Uri
- Best Female playback Singer: Bindhu Malini for Mayavi Manave from Nathichirami (Kannada)
- Best Male Playback Singer: Arijit Singh for Bhinte Dhil
♦SBI MD Dinesh Kumar Khara extended by two years
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended the tenure of State Bank of India Managing Director Dinesh Kumar Khara by two years.
- Khara was appointed managing director of State Bank of India (SBI) on August 10, 2016 for a period of three years which was extendable by two years after review of his performance.
♦INS Tarkash entered the port of Bergen, Norway,for a three day visit as part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment
- Indian Naval Ship Tarkash, a front-line warship of the Indian Navy, entered the port of Bergen, Norway, on 09 Aug 19 for a three day visit as part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment .
- The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet and is under the operational Command of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief/ Western Naval Command, based at Mumbai.
- The port call by Tarkash at Bergen is a demonstration of India’s warm ties with Norway. INS Tarkash, commanded by Captain Sathish Vasudev, is one of the most potent frontline frigates of the Indian Navy equipped with a versatile range of weapons and sensors.
♦World Archery suspended Archery Association of India
- The World Archery on Thursday suspended the Archery Association of India for defying its guidelines by electing two parallel bodies, asking the federation to put its house in order by the end of this month.
- “World Archery is implementing the decision taken in June by suspending the Archery Association of India,” World Archery secretary general Tom Dielen said in a statement, accessed
♦9th August Nagasaki Day
- On the 74th anniversary of the Nagasaki bombing.
- Three days after dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, the United States on August 9, 1945 dropped another one on Nagasaki, Japan. It was codenamed “Fat Man” due to the design of the bomb as it had a wide, round shape.
- The atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima forced Japan to surrender, thus ending World War II. Nagasaki and Hiroshima continue to feel the impact of the destructive bombing even today.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|