Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 9 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦SJVN, BHEL in MoU for solar projects
- SJVN Ltd on Tuesday said it has entered into a MoU with Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd for development of solar power projects in India.
- The MoU aims at building a strategic partnership between the parties for jointly pursuing commercial solar power projects through participation in tariff/viability gap funding based competitive bidding process.
- As per MoU, BHEL will be an engineering, procurement, construction and project management contractor for SJVN projects. In addition to this, BHEL will also provide operation and maintenance services after commissioning of project.
- SJVN Ltd has commissioned five projects totalling 2015.2 mw of installed capacity including solar and wind.
Banking and Financial
♦21 Regional Rural Banks merged in consultation with NABARD, says govt
- As many as 21 RRBs have been amalgamated based on the comments from respective sponsor banks and state governments, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur said in the Lok Sabha.
- With a view to enable the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) to minimize their overhead expenses, optimise the use of technology, enhance the capital base and area of operation and increase their exposure, a roadmap for amalgamation of RRBs within a state was prepared in consultation with NABARD, he said in a written reply.
- The roadmap proposes to bring down the number of RRBs to 38 from 56.
Note- About NABARD
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
♦RBI board finalises ‘Utkarsh 2022’
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) board, which met in New Delhi, finalised a three- year roadmap to improve regulation and supervision, among other functions of the central bank.
- This medium term strategy — named Utkarsh 2022 — is in line with the global central banks’ plan to strengthen the regulatory and supervisory mechanism, sources aware of the board meeting,
- “It is a three-year road map for medium term objective to be achieved for improving regulation, supervision of the central bank.
- “Worldwide, all central banks strengthen the regulatory and supervisory mechanism, everybody is formulating a long-term plan and a medium-term plan. So, the RBI has also decided it will formulate a pragramme to outline what is to be achieved in the next three years.
♦Banks reported 44,016 cases of fraud involving Rs 1,85,624 cr in last 11 yrs
- Banks and select financial institutions have reported 44,016 cases of fraud in the last 11 years beginning 2008-09 involving amount of Rs 1,85,624 crore, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday. The year 2016-17 witnessed reporting of 3,927 cases of fraud involving amount of Rs 25,883.99 crore, which was the highest in the last 11 years, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.
- In the following year, the number of such cases rose to 4,228 but the amount involved declined to Rs 9,866.23 crore.
- In 2018-19, 2,836 cases of fraud were reported involving amount of Rs 6,734.60 crore.
♦BCCI Appoints Rahul Dravid as Head of Cricket at NCA
- Former India captain Rahul Dravid was on Monday (July 8) appointed as Head of Cricket at the National Cricket Academy (NCA), the BCCI announced.
- Dravid was supposed to take over as NCA head from July 1 but his job at India Cements caused the delay.
- The Committee of Administrators (CoA) asked Dravid to relinquish his post as vice-president of India Cements or be on leave until he completes his tenure.
♦IOC lifts Kuwait suspension, clearing nation to compete in 2020 Olympics
- Kuwait has been cleared to compete in the 2020 Olympics after the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced on Friday it was lifting the suspension it imposed on the Kuwait Olympic Committee (KOC) four years ago.
- In a statement, the IOC said the KOC had successfully implemented “a roadmap agreed between all parties”.
- The announcement comes less than a week after Sheikh Fahad Nasser Sabah Ahmad Al Sabah was elected President of the KOC.
Note- About Kuwait
- Capital: Kuwait City
- Currency: Kuwaiti dinar
♦Vinesh, Divya win gold; Pooja bags silver at the Wrestling Grand Prix of Spain
- Putting up a dominating show, India’s top wrestler Vinesh Phogat won her first gold medal after shifting to 53kg category, while Divya Kakran claimed the top honours in the 68kg category at the Grand Prix of Spain here.
- Vinesh, one of India’s medal hopefuls at the 2020 Tokyo Games, was competing only in her third tournament in the new category.
- In the eight-wrestler 53kg draw, Vinesh comfortably beat Peru’s Justina Benites and Russia’s Nina Minkenova before getting the better of Dutch rival Jessica Blaszka in the final.
Note- About Spain
- Capital: Madrid
- Currency: Euro
Book and Author
♦Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled Vivekadeepini
- Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled Vivekadeepini, a concise book of aphorisms. It was initially written by Adi Shankaracharya who is one of India’s greatest spiritual and literary geniuses.
- Vivekadeepini is a summary of Prashnottara Ratnamalika written by Adi Shankaracharya.
- The book has compiled a select 36 verses drawn from 67 verses of Prashnottara Ratnamalika. The verses are written in Question-Answer format. It contains universal truths and are the starting point for reflection.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here