Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 26th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ WB govt’s ‘Utkarsh Bangla’scheme gets UN award
- West Bengal government’s ‘Utkarsh Bangla’ scheme, aiming to create a pool of skilled candidates industry ready, on Tuesday was awarded the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) award of the United Nations, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
- “Out of 1062 nominations in 18 categories from all over the world, #UtkarshBangla emerged No 1 in the Capacity Building category to win this prestigious award of @WSISprocess #wsis2019,” she tweeted.
- WSIS Prizes is an international contest to create an effective mechanism to evaluate and recognise individuals, governments and private bodies for outstanding success in implementing development oriented strategies that leverage the power of ICTs as an enabler of the development.
♦ UNICEF, NITI Aayog tie up for children empowerment
- NITI Aayogs Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and UNICEF India on Tuesday signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) to provide an open platform to promote participation, skilling and empowerment among young children across different communities.
- As per a release, the plan will be implemented through Atal Tinkering Lab initiative to orient the burgeoning innovation ecosystem towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on child rights.
- The LoI was signed by Yasmin Ali Haque, UNICEF representative in India, and Ramanathan Ramanan, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ India Pavilion inaugurated at Abu Dhabi International Book Fair 2019
- The India Pavilion at the 29th Abu Dhabi International Book Fair was inaugurated by Deputy Prime Minister of United Arab Emirates, Shri Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahayan on 24th April, 2019 in the presence of UAE’s Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development, Shri Noura Bint Mohd Al Kaabi; Indian Ambassador Shri Navdeep Suri and Chairman of National Book Trust Prof.
- Govind Prasad Sharma.India has been designated as the Guest of Honour for the Book Fair, which is being held from 24th – 30th April, 2019.
Banking and Finance
♦ 28% of consumer complaints to RBI are about digital and card payments
- About 28% of the complaints filed by consumers with the Reserve Bank of India are in the space of digital transactions and card payments, according to data released by the central bank on Wednesday.
- As per the RBI’s annual report on the Banking Ombudsman Scheme for 2017-18, 22% of the complaints pertained to banks not adhering to the ‘fair practice code’, while ATM and debit card-related issues made up the second largest category at more than 15%.
- Together with credit card-related complaints (at 7.7%) and online banking issues (at 5.2%), the total share of complaints on digital channels almost touched 30% of the total complaints filed.
- Almost 8,500 complaints were filed on issues around internet and mobile banking. The number was more than 24,000 for issues around debit cards and ATMs and 12,000 regarding issues around credit cards.
♦ Salim khan, Bhandarkar, Helen get Deenanath Mangeshkar Award
- National Award-winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, popular scriptwriter Salim Khan and yesteryears dancing diva Helen were honoured with the prestigious Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award at a ceremony here.
- Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan, Pune, a charitable trust established and nurtured over the last 30 years by the Mangeshkar family, felicitated legends from the fields of music, drama, art and social work with the Deenanath Award and other awards on Wednesday, read a statement.
- Directorate General of CRPF Vijay Kumar presided over the function and the awards were given away by Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat.
♦ UN, EU sign joint framework to strengthen partnership in counter-terrorism efforts
- The United Nations and the European Union (EU) have signed a joint framework aimed at strengthening partnership in counter-terrorism efforts. The UN Office of Counter-Terrorism said in a statement that the framework was enacted on the occasion of the second EU-UN high-level political dialogue on Counter-Terrorism that was held in New York.
- According to the statement, the UN-EU initiative will focus on terrorism and violent extremism prevention in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, as well as support victims and promote the reintegration of terrorism offenders.
♦ Ex Army chief Dalbir Suhag appointed Indian envoy to Seychelles
- Former Army chief Dalbir Singh Suhag has been appointed as India’s next high commissioner to Seychelles, a country which is of strategic importance to India in the Indian Ocean region.
- “He is expected to take up the assignment shortly,” the Ministry of External Affairs said while making the announcement.
- General (retired) Suhag was the Army chief from July 31, 2014, to December 31, 2016. He was also part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka in 1987.
- His appointment as Indian High Commissioner to Seychelles comes amid deepening military ties between India and the island nation.
♦ ISSF World Cup- Divyansh Panwar wins silver
- Rajasthan’s 17-year-old teenager Divyansh Singh Panwar on Friday secured India’s fourth Olympic quota place in shooting by winning a silver in the ISSF World Cup in Beijing.
- Competing in only his second senior competition, Divyansh shot a total of 249.0 in the 10m air rifle event to finish a creditable second in the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup for pistol and rifle shooters.
- In fact, he missed out on the gold medal by just 0.4 points, which eventually went to China’s Zicheng Hui, who shot 249.4. Grigorii Shamakov of Russia settled for bronze with a score of 227.5.
♦ Advani wins inaugural Asian Snooker Tour title
- India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani defeated Ehsan Heydari Nezhad of Iran 6-4 to claim the inaugural Asian Snooker Tour title.
♦ World Intellectual Property Day
- World Intellectual Property Day 2019 explores how innovation, creativity and the intellectual property (IP) rights that encourage and protect them support the development and worldwide enjoyment of sports.
- Theme 2019- “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports”
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here