Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 27 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India set to cross 100-GW renewable energy capacity mark in 2020
- India is set to cross the 100-Gw renewable energy capacity mark in 2020 and can make rapid strides towards the ambitious 175 Gw clean energy target by 2022 provided the government keeps a close eye on key issues and deals with those well in time.
- The government, however, needs to promote storage to ensure 24×7 clean energy supply as coal fired thermal power still remains the base load in the country.
♦PM Modi to release operational guidelines for Jal Jeevan Mission
- The Centre’s most recent flagship scheme – Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) to provide drinking water to 14.6 crore rural households- is set to be operationalized with Prime Minister Modi to release the Operational Guidelines on December 25- Good Governance Day.
- On financing front, Centre will provide Rs.2.08 lakh Crore while the fund sharing pattern to be 90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States; 50:50 for other States and 100% for UTs.
- JJM which aims at providing Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) to Crore rural households every rural household by 2024 at an expected cost of Rs 3.6 lakh crore will cover over 81% rural households. Out of 17.87 in the country, about 6 Crore or 81.67% are yet to have household water tap connections.
- The village community in fact will be a key and active stakeholder for the Mission. To bring in sense of ownership and pride among rural communities, 5% capital cost contribution towards in-village water supply infrastructure in hilly, forested, and more than 50% SC/ ST dominant population villages, and 10% in the remaining villages is proposed.
♦Free WiFi to all villages connected via Bharat Net till March 2020
- WiFi services being provided through BharatNet in villages across India will be free of charge till March 2020.
- Already connected 3 lakh gram panchayats through BharatNet optical fibre network… Our target is to take this to 2.5 lakh gram panchayats. To promote utilisation of BharatNet services, we will provide WiFi free in all villages connected through BharatNet till March 2020 Telecom and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on 25th December.
- Currently, 48,000 villages connected under the BharatNet project have WiFi access.
♦India’s first university for transgender community to come up in UP’s Kushinagar dist
- The country’s first university for transgender community will be opened in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar district to facilitate its members to study right from class one to PG and even do research and get PhD degree.
- The university, which will come up in Fazilnagar block of Kushinagar district, is being built by the Akhil Bhartiya Kinnar Siksha Seva Trust (All-India transgender education service trust).
Banking & Financial
♦SBI to launch OTP-based ATM cash withdrawal from January 1
- With ATM-related frauds on the rise, banks are introducing ways to protect their customers from tricksters. The country’s largest public sector lender, the State Bank of India (SBI). it will introduce a one-time password (OTP)-based cash withdrawal system for its ATMs.
- The bank said that this facility will be available for transactions above Rs 10,000 between 8 pm and 8 am. this facility will be applicable from January 1, 2020 across all SBI ATMs.
- Introducing the OTP-based cash withdrawal system to help protect you from unauthorized transactions at ATMs.
Note: About SBI
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI is ranked as 236th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2019.
♦Sebi slaps Rs 25 lakh fine each on ICRA, CARE, India Ratings
- Sebi on 26th December slapped a penalty of Rs 25 lakh each on ICRA, CARE, and India Ratings & Research in connection with lapses in assigning credit ratings to non-convertible debentures of IL&FS.
- The markets regulator examined the role of the credit rating agencies (CRAs), including ICRA Ltd, CARE Ratings Ltd, and India Ratings & Research Pvt Ltd, in assigning rating to various NCDs of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS).
Note: About SEBI
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
♦Federal Bank ties up with Magicbricks to recover dues
- Private sector lender Federal Bank has tied up with online real estate platform Magicbricks for listing and e-auctioning of immovable properties repossessed by it in recovery proceedings.
- Aimed: Speedy recovery of the bank’s impaired assets, while helping customers get the best rate in the market for their properties.
♦Allahabad Bank, IOB, UCO to get ₹8,655 crore for preferential allotment
- The government has approved releasing ₹8,655 crore to three public sector lenders — Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) and UCO Bank — for preferential allotment of shares.
- The Ministry of Finance has approved infusing fresh capital amounting to ₹2,153 crore in Allahabad Bank, ₹2,142 crore in UCO Bank and ₹4,630 crore in IOB via for preferential allotment of shares.
- Fresh capital infusion by the government is a part of the announcement made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in her maiden Budget on 5 July.
♦Aayushi crowned Miss Teen International 2019
- Vadodra’s Aayushi Dholakia has bagged the title of Miss Teen International 2019, vying with the girls from 22 countries, becoming the first Asian to do so in the last 27 years.
- Yessenia Garcia from Paraguay and Anicia Gaothusi from Botswana became the First and second Runners-Up respectively. The event was held at Kingdom of Dreams, Gurugram.
Book & Author
♦Book titled “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” author by Boria Majumdar with Nalin Mehta released
- A book titled “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” author by Boria Majumdar with Nalin Mehta released. The book will be published by HarperCollins India in January 2020.
- The book comprises of all the wins, the misses, the star sportspersons, their stories, and the challenges and possibilities that lie ahead of India to make its mark in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
हिंदी में पढ़ें
Attempt Current Affairs Quiz Based on 27th December 2019
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here