Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 7th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ NIOS signs MoU with Indian Medical Association for imparting skill education in Paramedical Courses
- NIOS has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Indian Medical Association for imparting skill education in Paramedical Courses to the learners.
- The MoU is initially for period of three years for the paramedical courses all over the country through its Accredited Vocational Institutions (AVIs).
- In the first Phase Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology and Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology are being offered.
- Diploma in Operation Theatre, Cardiac Technology, Medical Record Technology and Blood Bank Technology would be offered in the next phase.
♦ IBSA Sherpas Meeting held in Cochin
- The IBSA (India, Brazil & South Africa) Sherpas’ Meeting, following the 9th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Meeting, was held in Cochin from May 3-5, 2019.
- Secretary (Economic Relations) in Ministry of External Affairs, Shri T.S. Tirumurti led the Indian delegation. Prof. Anil Sooklal, Sherpa of the Republic of South Africa, and Amb. Norberto Moretti, Sherpa of the Federative Republic of Brazil led respective delegations at the Meeting.
- Sherpas reviewed the progress made under IBSA, since their last meeting. IBSA Sherpas also reviewed the functioning of the Joint Working Groups. The Sherpas appreciated the various events organized during last one year to commemorate the fifteenth anniversary of IBSA and the other events panned in this context.
Banking and Finance
♦ India, US agree to strengthen economic co-operation
- India and the United States have agreed to strengthen economic co-operation and bilateral trade by ensuring greater collaboration amongst stakeholders, including government, businesses and entrepreneurs.
- A bilateral trade meeting was held between the two countries in New Delhi on Monday. Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu and US Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross co-chaired the meeting.
- An official release said, both leaders appreciated the strong, robust and growing bilateral ties across the entire spectrum of trade and commerce. Both sides also expressed satisfaction over last year’s progress, with bilateral trade in Goods and Services registering a growth of 12.6 per cent.
♦ Airtel to merge broadband satellite business with Hughes India unit
- Bharti Airte has decided to merge its broadband satellite, or VSAT, business with that of market leader Hughes Communications India, to create a stronger no. 1 in the space, in a bid to increase scale, improve operational efficiencies and target new customers in areas such as in-flight connectivity.
- In a statement Tuesday, Airtel said its VSAT business will be demerged into Hughes Communications India’s operations through a slump sale, but didn’t provide any financial details.
- Hughes Communications will own 67% share of the new entity while Airtel will own the rest, people familiar with the matter said. They added that the new company will continue to be called Hughes Communications India Ltd., but the name could be changed in future.
♦ Hyundai Venue Production Begins At Chennai Plant, Launch On May 21
- The Hyundai Venue production has commenced in India ahead of the much-awaited subcompact SUV’s launch later this month, on May 21, 2019. Hyundai India has rolled off the Venue from the company’s assembly line at its Sriperumbudur manufacturing facility, just outside of Chennai.
- The upcoming Hyundai Venue was unveiled in April, making a simultaneous world debut in India as well as the United States, at the New York International Auto Show 2019. India is the first market to get the new Hyundai Venue, and it will subsequently be going on sale in other markets as well, including Korea and the USA.
♦ Justice PR Ramachandra Menon Sworn In As Chief Justice Of The Chhattisgarh HC
- Justice PR Ramachandra Menon was Monday sworn in as Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court. Governor Anandiben Patel administered him the oath of office and secrecy at a function here at Raj Bhawan. He was earlier a judge in the Kerala High Court. Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, his cabinet colleagues, former chief minister Raman Singh and senior officials were present on the occasion.
♦ Serbian Dragan Mihailovic appointed Indian men’s volleyball team coach
- The Volleyball Federation of India Friday appointed Serbian Dragan Mihailovic as head coach of the men’s national team in a move linked to the long term goal of Olympic Games qualification.
- The VFI also announced the appointment of Pryemyslaw Gaszyoski and Valadimir Radosevic as the team’s physio trainer and physiotherapist respectively.
- Besides the men’s national team, the trio will also look after the men’s U-23 team and other junior teams representing India. All the three have been appointed for five months and will work with the team for the Asian Championships scheduled to be held in Iran in September.
♦ Highest US civilian awards honour to Tiger Woods
- US President Donald Trump on Monday bestowed Tiger Woods with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honour, describing the golfer as “one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports.”
- Woods, 43, is only the fourth and the youngest golfer ever to have received the highest American civilian award. Calling Woods, “a global symbol of American excellence, devotion and drive,” the president said, “Tiger’s determination and work ethic drove golf to new heights of athletic competition and popularity.” In his remarks, Trump praised Woods as “one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports.” Trump said, “we were in the presence of a true legend” who is “also a great person, a great guy”. “We can’t wait to see what’s next, Tiger,” said Trump, an avid golfer and owner of several golf courses around the world.
♦ 7 May World Athletics Day
- The World Athletics Day-2019 is observed on the 7 May. Actually the IAAF (International Amateur Athletic Federation) is authorised to decide the date of this day. The first World Athletics Day was observed in the 1996. The most common types of athletics competitions covered on this day are; track and field, road running, race walking and cross country running etc.
♦ WORLD ASTHMA DAY
- GINA organizes World Asthma Day, which is held on the first Tuesday in May, in collaboration with health care groups and asthma educators throughout the world.
- The first World Asthma Day, in 1998, was celebrated in more than 35 countries in conjunction with the first World Asthma Meeting held in Barcelona, Spain.
- Theme- STOP for asthma
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|