If you just started learning English, you first need to know some basic rules of the language. Developing a solid foundation in English grammar will not only help you create your own sentences correctly but will also make it easier to improve your English language section. Here we are providing Daily top basic Grammar Rules of English Language to crack any competitive exams.
1.When comparison is made by means of a comparative, the thing compared should be excluded from the class of things with which it is compared by using ‘other’ or some such word.
Incorrect– He is cleverer than any boy in the class.
Correct– He is cleverer than any other boy in the class.
2. When comparison is made by means of a superlative, the thing com-pared should include the class of things with which it is compared.
Incorrect– He is the strongest of all other men.
Correct– He is the strongest of all men.
3.When two persons or things are compared, it is important that the same parts of things should be compared.
Incorrect– The population of Bombay is greater than Delhi.
Correct– The population of Bombay is greater than that of Delhi.
4. Double comparatives and superlatives should not be used.
1. Incorrect– He is the most cleverest boy in the class.
Correct– He is the cleverest boy in the class.
2. Incorrect– He is more wiser than his brother.
Correct– He ‘is wiser than his brother.
5. The comparative Adjectives superior inferior, senior, junior, prior, anterior, posterior prefer, etc., should be followed by ‘to’ instead of ‘than’.
Ambitious Baba is the #1 platform for Free Study Materials , Video Courses, Live Class and Online Mock Test which provides best user interface with actual exam panel and with the best , Latest and Accurate content for IBPS, SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, JAIIB Mock Test, CAIIB Mock Test, Para 13.2 Mock Test, GIPSA, Licentiate, Fellowship, Associates and Other Government and Promotional Exams.