English Quiz based on Para Jumbles for Banks and SSC Exam
Para Jumbles Quiz is an important component of English section in banking and other government examinations . Para Jumbles becomes very scoring if attempted in a right way. Our website provides better approach for Close test. We provide Para Jumbles for IBPS PO, SBI PO, RRB PO, SBI clerk, IBPS PO, SSC exam. Para Jumbles is designed from beginner to advance level. Para Jumbles involves all the types of Para Jumbles for prelims and mains level. Our Close test quiz will help many students in having a good grip on reading comprehension . Para Jumbles will increase their overall score. Close test is a must have tool to the marks.
Directions (1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
- What is more, the court’s doctrine dictates just this deferral.
- In the long run, national recognition of same-sex marriage is inevitable.
- It is only a matter of time before all state laws reflect that view.
D . Prudence counsels that marriage equality should be allowed to continue gaining support in the states, and that a federal resolution should be left for another day.
E . Same-sex marriage rights, at first imposed by courts, have now been recognized by state legislatures and prevailed in all four states where they were on the ballot in last year’s election.
F . Young people overwhelmingly support it, and public opinion has shifted on this issue faster than on almost any other social issue in history.
Q1. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
Q2. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
Q3. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
Q4. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
Q5. Which of the following should be the SIXTH (last) sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (6-9): The sentences given in each of the following questions, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labeled with a letter. From among the five choices given below each question, choose the most logical order of sentences that constructs a coherent paragraph.
Q6. A. For more than 20 years Walpole had used his vast wealth, derived from his control over the public purse, to create a collection of art and sculpture that rivalled the greatest private collections of Europe.
- In 1742 Sir Robert Walpole, Britain’s first and longest serving prime minister finally retired to the country.
- In the Palladium Mansion, he built on the site of his father’s house, at Houghton in Norfolk, Walpole gathered together the pictures that had graced his various London houses, including 10 Downing Street.
- For three years Walpole luxuriated in this splendour, having destroyed any paperwork about his spending.
- Portraits by Rembrandt, Rubens and Vetazques hung alongside masterpieces by Paolo Veronese in interiors designed by William Kent, the most fashionable architect of the day.
Q7. A. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, published by the American Psychiatric Association, contains the association’s thinking on what constitutes a disorder of the mind.
- No other major branch of medicine has such a single text, with so much power over people’s lives.
- It is consulted not only by psychiatrists, but also by insurance firms, drug companies and anxious patients and parents — not only in America, but around the world.
- And that is worrying because in no other branch of medicine is the scientific reality underpinning the pronouncements of doctors so uncertain.
- It has become the industry-standard for defining what is and is not a mental illness, and thus who gets treated, and who pays for the treatment. .
Q8. A. The legendary French general’s foot and horse artillery repeatedly demonstrated its lethal capacity against his European adversaries by degrading their formidable formations before his cavalry, and infantry moved in to victoriously conclude the fighting.
- God, Napoleon said, fights on the side with the best artillery
- It would preclude God’s cooperation to the Artillery Directorate, whose 108—odd field regiments employ six different gun calibres, a majority of them obsolete.
- But applying Napoleon’s adage to the Indian Army’s prevailing dismal artillery profile is absurd.
- And if that were not enough cause for worry in an increasingly turbulent region, the Army’s catastrophic artillery woes just got progressively worse.
Q9. A. The results published in 2010 claimed an improvement in estimated tiger numbers, at 1,706 individuals compared to 1,411 in 2006.
- This is an important project, given that India hosts the most numbers of tigers in the wild.
- Yet there appeared to be a contradiction in this, as the geographical area occupied by the charismatic cat was reported to have decreased in some ranges, notably in some central Indian states and parts of the Western Ghats.
- When the Ministry of Environment and Forests assessed the state of tigers, other predators assessed the state of tigers, other predators and prey in India in 2006 and 2009, it wanted the exercise to become a robust baseline for future conservation programmes.
- A fresh exercise to count the country’s tigers led by the National Tiger Conservation Authority has now been launched.
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|