IBPS PO English Language Quiz -9
Aspirants have a strong possibility of scoring well in the English Language section if they practice quality questions on a regular basis. This section takes the least amount of time if the practice is done every day in a dedicated manner. In this article, we have come up with the IBPS PO English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation for each question in this IBPS PO English Language Quiz. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz include a variety of questions ranging in difficulty from easy to tough. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz is totally FREE. This IBPS PO English Language Quiz has important English Language Questions and Answers that will help you improve your exam score. Aspirants must practice this IBPS PO English Language Quiz in order to be able to answer questions quickly and efficiently in upcoming exams.
Directions (1-5): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
- In the last six months, the regulator has _____________ scores of schemes, examined their books and, _______________ it found violations, ordered them to stop raising money.
(a) invented, when
(b) discovered, does
(c) searched, there
(d) recovered, then
(e) unearthed, where
- If you are paying installments to _________________ plots of land in the distance future, make ______________ the plots are identified and registered in your name.
(a) receive, confirm
(b) acquire, sure
(c) achieve, certain
(d) get, assured
(e) find, confident
- The ordinary view of the world is _____________ materialistic — to amass wealth, to enjoy life since it is assumed that there is nothing _____________ the world.
(a) purely, above
(b) highly, under
(c) entirely, over
(d) grossly, beyond
(e) non, in
- To be free from worry and fear we should laugh ____________ and get _____________ much fun out of life as possible.
(a) loudly, so
(b) heartedly, too
(c) heartily, as
(d) boldly, very
(e) honestly, no
- If we ____________ away our mental energy we _____________ never be able to achieve perfection.
(a) fritter, shall
(b) give, should
(c) divest, might
(d) send, can
(e) take, could Directions
Directions (6-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case.
Recently the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) ___(6)___ separate reports on poverty. The World Bank report raised its benchmark of extreme poverty by 25 cents from $1 per person per day to $1.25 per person a day. The ADB announced an even ___(7)___ benchmark of $ 1.35 per person a day. These new benchmarks are based on surveys in the world’s poorest countries. Experts often like to ___(8)___ that poverty has declined because of economic growth in India and China. This is wrong and misleading In the past twenty-five years the poverty rate in India has declined by less than one percentage point a year___(9)___we use a poverty line of $1 per person per day or $1.25 per person per day makes little difference. The number of poor in India is large. The purpose of these statistics is not to dispute them but to ___(10)___ whether the benefits of economic growth art being shared with the poor.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|