Pipe and Cistern Quiz for IBPS, SBI, RBI: Quiz – 1
Pipe and Cistern plays a significant role in Quantitative Aptitude Section of banking exams such as IBPS, SBI and RBI PO and Clerk. You will get at least 1-2 questions from Pipe and Cistern in one of IBPS, SBI and RBI PO & clerk exam. So, aspirants should focus on Pipe and Cistern questions in detail. Here, we are providing you with the Pipe and Cistern questions quiz with the detailed solution so that you can easily prepare for Pipe and Cistern questions. We are providing here all-important latest pattern-based questions and Previous Year Questions of Pipe and Cistern of various Government Exam like IBPS, SBI, and RBI PO and Clerk exam. This Pipe and Cistern quiz we are providing is free. Attempt this Pipe and Cistern quiz to practice important questions with answers and solutions. And score better in IBPS, SBI and RBI PO and Clerk exam.
Pipe and Cistern Quiz to improve your Quantitative Aptitude for SBI Po & SBI clerk exam, IBPS PO & IBPS Clerk exam, IBPS RRB PO and assistant exam, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant and other competitive exam.
1. Two pipes A and B together can fill a tank in 20 hours. Ratio of efficiency A and B is 5 : 4. They together filled the tank for the first 4 hours. Then B is closed and another pipe C is opened. Now if tank is filled in another 9 hours the C alone can fill the tank in how many hours.
2. An inlet pipe fills at the rate of 10 litre in one minute and an outlet pipe can empty the same tank in 42 minutes. If both the pipes are opened in a full tank then the tank will be empty in 63 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank (in litres)?
3. A tank is fitted with two inlet pipes X and Y and an outlet pipe Z. Pipe Y can fill the empty tank in 12 minutes while X pipe in 18 minutes. In what time will the empty tank have filled if all three pipes are open, given that pipe Z can empty the full tank in 45 minute.
4. Pipe A can fill a tank in 45 hr, pipe B is 50% more efficient than A and pipe C can fill the same tank in 7.5 hr less than B. A and B opened together for X hr and closed after that and pipe C fill remaining tank in (X + 9) hr, if the ratio between tank filled by (A + B) together to tank filled by pipe C is 1 : 2. Find the value of X ?
(a) 3 hr
(b) 4 hr
(c) 6 hr
(d) 8 hr
(e) 7 hr
5. Two pipes can fill a tank in 15 hours and 20 hours respectively, while the third pipes can empty it in 30 hours. If all the pipes are opened simultaneously, the empty tank will be filled in
(a) 10 hours
(b) 12 hours
(c) 15 hours
(d) 15.5 hours
(e) 14 hours
6. A cistern can be filled completely by pipe A and B together in 12 hours. If pipe A works with twice speed while pipe B work with 50% more speed than cistern can be filled completely in 7 hours. Find the capacity of cistern if flow of water through pipe A is 2.5ℓ/ minute.
(a) 2800 litres
(b) 3150 litres
(c) 3300 litres
(d) 3650 litres
(e) 4200 litres
7. 5 inlet pipes (same capacity) can fill a tank in same time in which 3 outlet pipes (same capacity) can empty it. If 2 inlet and one outlet pipe is opened for first minutes and 5 inlet and 2 outlet pipe open for 2nd minute and process continues till tank is completely filled in 30 minutes. Find the time in which 2 outlet pipe can empty the completely filled tank.
(a) 9 minutes
(b) 12 minutes
(c) 6 minutes
(d) 10 minutes
(e) 15 minutes
8. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 15 hours and 10 hours respectively. A tap can empty the full cistern in 30 hours. All the three taps were open for 2 hours, when it was remembered that the emptying tap had been left open. It was then closed. How many hours more would it take for the cistern to be filled?
(a) 4hr 30 min.
(b) 4hr 12 min.
(c) 4 hr24 min.
(d) 4hr 35 min.
(e) 4hr 54 min.
9. A tank is fitted with 8 pipes, some of which that fill the tank and others that empty the tank. Each of the pipes that fills the tank fills it in 8 hours, while each of those that empty the tank empties it in 6 hours. If all the pipes are kept open when the tank is full, it will take 6 hours to drain the tank. How many of these are fill pipes?
(e) None of these
10. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 18 hours and 24 hours respectively, while a third pipe can empty the full tank in 30 hours. All three pipes are opened in the beginning. After 12 hours C is closed. Find the time in which the tank will be full.
(a) 18.3 hours
(b) 16.2 hours
(c) 17.3 hours
(d) 14.4 hours
(e) None of these
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|