SBI CBO: Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2022
SBI CBO Syllabus 2022: SBI has announced the notification of online test for SBI CBO recruitment in 2022, which would comprise both objective and descriptive papers. SBI has changed the exam format and separated it into two sections. Read the entire article to learn about the changes made by the State Bank of India to the exam format for the recruiting process. We’ve also put together a comprehensive syllabus for the SBI CBO Exam 2022 to help you prepare for the latest edition of the exam.
SBI CBO Exam Pattern
SBI has issued the exam pattern for the SBI CBO 2022 with the introduction of the online written test. The following exam pattern must be followed by candidates who are applying for the SBI CBO 2022 recruitment. For completing both sections i.e. Objective and descriptive test, of the SBI CBO examination, the candidate would be given a total of 2 hours 30 minutes, i.e. 150 minutes.
|Sections||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||30 mins|
|Banking Knowledge||40||40||40 mins|
|General Awareness/Economy||30||30||30 mins|
|Computer Aptitude||20||20||20 mins|
Note: There will be no penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests
SBI CBO Descriptive Test
Descriptive Test: The duration of Descriptive Test is 30 minutes. It will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) with two questions for total 50 marks.
Merit list will be drawn State wise and Category wise on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in Online Written Test. There will be no sectional qualifying marks. Candidates
numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the State wise and Category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for Screening from the top of the merit list drawn on State wise and Category wise subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score, as decided by the Bank.
|SBI CBO Descriptive Test|
|Topics||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Letter Writing||01||25||30 mins|
|Essay-250 words on banking related||01||25|
- Interview will consist of 50 marks. Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in interview to be considered for final selection. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided
by the Bank.
- Candidates qualifying for interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates who have registered themselves as OBC but do not submit OBC ‘Non-Creamy layer’ certificate and request for interview under General category will not be entertained.
- Candidates qualifying for interview under EWS category would be required to submit EWS certificate issued based on gross annual income for the financial year 2020-21 as per DoPT guidelines. Candidates who have registered themselves as EWS but do not submit EWS certificate issued based on gross annual income for the financial year 2020-21 as per DoPT guidelines and request for interview under General category will not be entertained.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Online Written Test and Interview separately. The marks obtained in Online written Test, both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Interview for preparing the final merit list. Final merit list would be prepared based on normalization of marks scored in Online Written Test and Interview with 75:25 weightage respectively.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Online Written test (out of 170 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Interview scores of candidates (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list (State wise and category wise) is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Online Written test and Interview. Selection will be made from the top ranked candidates in merit list prepared on State wise and Category wise.
SBI CBO Syllabus 2022
The candidates have to score good marks in the SBI CBO online written test which will decide their selection for the interview round. The SBI CBO Exam pattern has been revised by the authority and divided into two objective and descriptive tests. The subjects included in the Objective test areas:
- English Language
- Banking Knowledge
- General Awareness/Economy
- Computer Aptitude
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para/Sentence Completion
|RBI, Subsidiaries of RBI, NABARD, NHB, ECGC|
|Banks in India Commercial Bank, Exim Bank of India, Payment Bank, Co-operative Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Small Finance Banks|
|Banking Ombudsman, National Income|
|Money Market, Capital Market|
|Negotiable Instrument, Mutual Fund, Money Laundering|
|Types of Cheque & Types of Account|
|Types of Payment Cards, Fund transfer service|
|Basel I, II and III|
|NPA & SARFAESI Act, 2002|
|LIBOR & MIBOR, SWIFT Codes for banks|
|CIBIL, Priority Sector lending & Banks Merger|
|Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise in India|
|Regional Rural Bank (RRB)|
- Last 6 Months Current Affairs and Financial and economy awareness
- History of Computers
- Computer Fundamentals
- Parts of a Computer System
- Data Processing Cycle of a Computer
- Computer Languages
- Input Devices & Output Devices
- Operating Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Microsoft Office
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- File Extensions
- Networking and Internet
- Computer Viruses
- Important Abbreviations