SBI PO pre–English Language Quiz
English Language plays a very crucial role in every competitive examination. With consistent practice, candidates can ace this section in examination. In this article, we bring to you SBI PO pre–English Language Quiz to boost your preparation. This SBI PO pre–English Language Quiz contains various types of questions ranging from easy to difficult level. This SBI PO pre–English Language Quiz is absolutely FREE. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this SBI PO pre-English Language Quiz. In order to be able to answer questions quickly and efficiently in upcoming exams, aspirants must practice this SBI PO pre-English Language Quiz.
Directions (1-2): In each of the question given below a/an idiom/phrase is given in bold which is then followed by five options which then tries to decipher its meaning as used in the sentence.
Choose the option which gives the meaning of the phrase most appropriately in context of the given sentence.
- All I knew about were Antony’s own financial dealings, which were always above board.
- It took a considerable amount of polish and elbow grease before the brass shone like new.
- Alex opponents never missed an opportunity to cast aspersions on his professionalism.
- You should always try and shoot for being above par so that you know you made something for your time.
- When she heard us mocking her, she cast down her book and stormed out of the room.
Directions (6-10): In each of these questions, there are two blanks indicating that something has been omitted. There are five alternatives given. Choose the one that best fits the meaning of the sentence or sentences as a whole.
- Healthy skepticism, a vital ________for any journalist, has given _________ to credulity, or worse, naiveté.
(a) factor, up
(b) role, them
(c) attribute, way
(d) thing, away
(e) task, chance
- Kejriwal’s ________ about all kinds of people became more and more _________ and even if there was a grain of truth in any of them, there was just no evidence.
(a) statements, attacking
(b) ideas, scathing
(c) pronouncements, outdated
(d) allegations, outlandish
(e) commendation, severe
- Every time Vidya Balan went about repeating “Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment!” audiences at awards nights went into _________ as if Voltaire had _________ from his grave.
(a) raptures, quipped
(b) dark, came
(c) silence, grown
(d) hallucination, risen
(e) enjoy, awaken
- Whether one believes it or not, there are still some people __________ us who could have become powerful_________ in strength and in financial means.
(a) about, either
(b) surrounding, neither
(c) above, here
(d) over, there
(e) around, both
- When politicians became _________ and the bureaucracy ______ it is to the media that people turn for some guidance.
(a) corrupt, helpful
(b) venal, unresponsive
(c) dishonest, strong
(d) careless, dictator
(e) powerful, autocrat
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|