SBI PO 2022: English Language
English Language is a section that is a part of almost all major competitive exams in the country and is perhaps the most scoring section also. Both the preliminary and main exams for SBI PO include a section on the English Language. Aspirants who regularly practice questions have a good chance of scoring well in the English Language Section. So here we are providing you with the SBI PO 2022 English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. This SBI PO 2022 English Language Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern-based questions, as well as Previous Year Questions. This SBI PO 2022 English Language Quiz is available to you at no cost. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this SBI PO 2022 English Language Quiz. Candidates must practice this SBI PO 2022 English Language Quiz to achieve a good score in the English Language.
Directions (1-5): In the following questions, a part of the sentence is given in bold which may or may not be fitting into the sentence either due to grammatical error or contextual error. There are four expressions given below each sentence, out of which two of them can be used to replace the existing highlighted phrase to make the sentence both grammatically and contextually correct. Choose the most appropriate alternative among the five options that determine the correct combination. If the phrase given in bold doesn’t require any replacement, choose option (e) i.e., “None” as your answer.
- The only way to break the dominance of Google and its alike is to educate the public for the right way using the technologyand applications available on the internet.
(A)about the right way to use the technology
(B)regarding how to use the technology
(C)on the subsequent technology to be used
(D)to use the technology sensibly
- Banks were nationalized in 1969 to their only purpose for they serve as bankersto poor Indians and not just to corporates and the rich and middle class.
(A)with the only motive to serve from bankers
(B)for the sole purpose that they serve as bankers
(C)because of their unique objective to serve as bankers
(D)only to serve the sole function of banks
- There is little doubt that Mr Xi has thus arrogated to himself an exceptionally formidable responsibility above all country’s economy, foreign policy, and also, of course, the course of Communism.
(A)in terms of the country’s economy
(B)to answer the economy’s problems
(C)with reference to the country’s economy
(D)in lieu of concerns to economize the country
- Everyone is alarmedregarding that there is urgency for Delhi to become smarter, if something drastic does not take place, millions will soon suffocate under the increased pollution, a total disfunction of communications and more generally, the degradation of the quality of life.
(A)The fact that everyone is concerned about
(B)It is quite true
(C)There has been alarming situations
(D)There is no doubt in anybody’s mind
- In the debates on India’s contemporary history, the meaning and significance of 1947 and of the framing of the Constitution have always been contested.
(A)has been consistently challenged
(B)shall be defied
(C)has never been questioned
(D)could have been debated
Directions (6-10): Given sentences are not in their exact position. Rearrange them to make a coherent paragraph and then answer the questions given below. Sentences given in BOLD are in their actual positions.
(A) The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), launched in January 2016, seeks to bring 50 per cent of gross cropped area under insurance by the end of 2018-19 by addressing the limitations of earlier schemes.
(B) The State agriculture minister has said that farmers not covered by insurance will be compensated from the National Disaster Relief fund up to a maximum of ₹18,000 per hectare — a pittance.
(C) The Centre and States share the remaining premium burden equally, and there is no cap on the insurance cover.
(D) Earlier this month, unseasonal rain ravaged 11 districts of Maharashtra, damaging crops such as green gram, jowar, onion and wheat, grape and cotton planted over 1.9 lakh hectares.
(E) A minimum of 20 hectares of a crop is required to be cultivated in a revenue circle for the region to be notified for crop insurance.
(F) This criterion must be revisited if it is impeding the spread of insurance.
(G) Field reports suggest that grape farmers in badly-hit districts such as Jalna have not been able to buy crop insurance because the area is not ‘notified’.
(H) Consequently, farmers pay only 2 per cent of the total premium in the case of kharif crops, 1.5 per cent for rabi crops and 5 per cent for horticulture crops.
(I) The moot point is whether crop insurance will come to the rescue of farmers in over a thousand villages.
(J) Given the serious investment in PMFBY (Rs. 14,000 crore in 2017-18), implementation issues should be addressed at the earliest.[/su_spoiler]
- Which of the following should be the SECONDsentence after the rearrangement?
- Which of the following should be the LASTsentence after the rearrangement?
- Which of the following should be the EIGHTHsentence after the rearrangement?
- Which of the following should be the NINTHsentence after the rearrangement?
- If sentence (B) is the third sentence of the coherent paragraph, then which of the following statements should immediately follow it after the rearrangement?
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|