Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 1st November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ India and Germany sign 20 MoUs
- India and Germany inked over 20 agreements, including in the field of Artificial Intelligence, green urban mobility and agriculture, and resolved to jointly combat terrorism, as visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi here as part of the 5th Inter Governmental Consultations.
- While strengthening Cooperation in the Field of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Transformation formed a major part of the joint statement, there was also a large section on combating terrorism.
- The 17 MoUs included for Exchange of Personnel between ISRO and German Aerospace Centre, Cooperation in the Field of Civil Aviation, Cooperation within the International Smart Cities Network, Cooperation in Skills Development and Vocational Education and Training, in the field of Start-ups, in Agricultural Market Development, among others.
- The others included cooperation in Inland, Coastal and Maritime Technology, Setting up of Academic Collaboration in Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation, in Higher Education, between All India Football Federation (AIFF) and Deutscher FuAYball-Bund e.V (DFB), and on Indo-German Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement.
Note: About Germany
- Chancellor: Angela Merkel
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
♦ Cyclone Maha crosses Lakshadweep
- The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- India Meteorology Department said, the system in the Arabian Sea is intensifying into a severe cyclonic storm, and lays centred at 250 km north-northeast of Kavaratti in the Islands Territory.
♦ Kerala Governor inaugurates Global Ayurveda summit
- As many as 400 industry leaders and delegates from SAARC, GCC and African countries have gathered in Kochi for the third edition of Global Ayurveda Summit 2019 that commenced on 31st
- The two-day summit organized by CII will deliberate on the theme “Mainstreaming Ayurveda through Startups, Innovation and Branding”.
- Kerala Governor Arif Mohammed Khan in his inaugural address noted that Ayurveda has been one of the treasures of ancient Indian knowledge that has stood the test of time. It has attracted worldwide attention and is growing at a compounded annual growth rate of 16.2 per cent.
♦ 2nd International solar alliance 2019 held in New Delhi
- Eritrea and Saint Kitts and Nevis have become the newest members of the International Solar Alliance (ISA). The two nations signed the ISA Framework Agreement during its second assembly held in New Delhi on October 31, 2019.
- With this, the total membership of the International Solar Alliance has risen to 83. While speaking at the Assembly, ISA President R K Singh emphasized on the increasing importance of solar energy, especially in the view of the several climate change issues being faced across the world.
♦ Nagaland govt launches Ex-gratia Scheme for Students
- Nagaland Government today launched the Nagaland Ex-gratia Scheme for Students Studying outside Nagaland belonging to any recognized scheduled tribes and indigenous inhabitants of the state.
- Aims: Students who die outside the state while pursuing secular, technical, professional, diploma and theology courses. Five crore Rupees will be kept in a fixed deposit and the interest accruing from the deposit will be utilized for payment of ex-gratia amounting to five lakh rupees to the nominee of the deceased students.
Note: About Nagaland
- Capital: Kohima
- Formation: 1 December 1963
- Governor: RN Ravi
- Chief minister: Neiphiu Rio
Banking and Financial
♦ GeM partners with Indian Bank and Canara Bank for payment related services
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has signed MoU with Indian Bank and Canara Bank.
- Benefit: A cashless, paperless and transparent payment system on the portal and would create an efficient procurement system for government entities.
- Through this partnership, both the banks will be able to offer an array of services including transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG), Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) and Payment Gateway to the registered users on the portal.
♦ GST collections remain subdued at ₹ 95,380 crore in October
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) collection in October declined to ₹ 95,380 crore, as against ₹ 1,00,710 crore in the same month a year ago, as per government data released on 1st
- This is the third consecutive month when GST mop-up remained below the ₹ 1 lakh crore mark, despite October being a festive month.
- “The gross GST revenue collected in the month of October, 2019 is ₹ 95,380 crore of which CGST is ₹ 17,582 crore, SGST is ₹ 23,674 crore, IGST is ₹ 46,517 crore (including ₹ 21,446 crore collected on imports) and Cess is ₹ 7,607 crore (including ₹ 774 crore collected on imports),” the finance ministry said in a statement.
♦ Google to buy Fitbit for $2.1 bn
- Alphabet Inc-owned Google will buy wearable device maker Fitbit Inc for $2.1 billion, as the search giant looks to enter the fast-growing market for fitness trackers and smartwatches.
- Google has joined other major technology companies such as Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd in developing smart phones, it has yet to develop any wearable offerings.
Note: About Google
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founded: 4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States
- Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
♦ Sanjeev Nandan Sahai takes charge as Power Secretary
- “Sanjeev Nandan Sahai assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Power. Prior to this, he was serving as the Special Secretary in the Ministry of Power.
- Sahai is a UT cadre IAS officer of 1986 batch. He has also served as Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Power from May, 2018 to July, 2019.
♦ Mary Kom named in IOC’s 2020 Olympics athlete ambassadors group
- Six-time world champion M. C. Mary Kom has been included in a 10-member athlete ambassadors group to represent boxers in the build-up to next year’s Tokyo Olympics by the IOC’s Task Force for the sport, adding to the iconic pugilist’s innumerable achievements.
♦ Yami Gautam appointed ambassador of Global Investors’ Meet 2019 by Himachal Pradesh govt
- The Himachal Pradesh government has roped in Bollywood actress Yami Gautam as the brand ambassador of the Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet 2019.
- The event is scheduled on November 7th and 8th in Dharamshala.
Note: About Himachal Pradesh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Capital: Shimla
- CM: Jai Ram Thakur
♦ All India Football Federation signs MoU with German counterpart
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with its German counterpart, DFB, here on 1st November.
- The signing of the agreement coincided with German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s visit to India.
- Aims: The MoU covers a wide range of areas pertaining to Indian football such as coach education (including grassroots), talent scouting and promotion, deployment of professional referees to India, exchange between national teams and visit of DFB all-star team (if feasible), joint marketing initiatives and sports administration via discussions on their competition management solutions.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|