Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 12 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Bharatmala Projects along Indo-Nepal Border areas
- Government of India has approved Phase-I of Bharatmala Pariyojana with financial outlay of Rs 5,35,000 crore to develop 24,800 km Highways along with 10,000 km residual NHDP stretches over a period of five years. In Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I, development of Border & International Connectivity roads for a length of 2000 km has also been envisaged with outlay of Rs 25,000 crore. Along Indo-Nepal Border, the project i.e. balance work of Piprakothi-Motihari-Raxaul on NH-28A of about 69 km length and civil cost of approximately Rs 334 crore has been awarded in December, 2018 and commenced in February, 2019 with scheduled completion period of 12 months.
- This information was given by the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin J Gadkari in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Note- About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupees
- Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli
♦Kerala govt to set up Non-Resident Keralites Investment company
- The Kerala Government Wednesday decided to form a Non-Resident Keralites Investment company with 74 per cent stake to be held by expats.
- The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Seventyfour per cent of the capital will be raised by issuing shares to NRKs, Government will have 26 per cent stake in the NRK Investment and Holding company ltd, the main aim of which is to utilise NRI investments for implementing various projects, a CMO press release.
- For this a separate or a subsidiary company may be set up under the holding company.
- Formation of the company was among the major recommendations submitted by the standing committees of the Loka Kerala Sabha (World Kerala Assembly), an event hosted by the state government to bring Keralites living around the globe under one platform and utilising the NRK expertise for developing the state.
Note- About Kerala
- Governor-P. Sathasivam
- Chief Minister-Pinarayi Vijayan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
International (Current Affairs)
♦First Global Conference for Media Freedom: London 2019
- On 10 and 11 July, the first Global Conference on Media Freedom took place in London. The event, organised by the UK government and the government of Canada, is the first of its kind and over 60 ministers attended as well as over 1,000 reporters and members of civil society. The conference is part of an international campaign to shine a global spotlight on media freedom and increase the cost to those that are attempting to restrict it.
- Purpose- A free and independent media plays a vital role in protecting human rights and holding the powerful to account. Media freedom is the lifeblood of democracy and can be the foundation for economic prosperity and social development. It means that society can be free, fair and open. Journalistic scrutiny is an essential part of a vibrant and healthy democracy.
Note- About UK
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound
♦19th Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting held in London
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar will attend the 19th Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting in London.
- The EAM is likely to meet his British counterpart Jeremey Hunt among other foreign ministers during the conference.
- The conclave, which will be held at the Commonwealth’s headquarters in Marlborough House, will see the participation of foreign ministers from different Commonwealth countries, including Pakistan.
Banking and Financial
♦Industrial growth slips to 3.1% in May from 3.8% in year-ago period
- India’s industrial output growth slipped to 3.1 per cent in May mainly on account of subdued performance of mining and manufacturing sector, according to government data released Friday.
- The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) had expanded by 3.8 per cent in May 2018. The index grew at 4.3 per cent in April and 0.4 per cent in March this year.
- The expansion in the mining sector was merely 3.2 per cent in May, as compared to 5.8 per cent in the year-ago month.
- Similarly, the growth in the manufacturing sector was also subdued at 2.5 per cent in May, compared to 3.6 per cent in the corresponding month of the last fiscal.
- However, the power generation grew at 7.4 per cent in May, against 4.2 per cent in same month last year.
♦After waiving RTGS, NEFT fee, SBI to make IMPS transactions free from Aug 1
- State Bank of India has waived charges on NEFT and RTGS transactions through internet and mobile banking from July 1, after the RBI decided to do away with the charges with an aim to move the country towards less-cash economy.
- The country’s largest bank, which has about 25 per cent market share, has also decided to do away with the charges on fund transfer through mobile phones using the IMPS (immediate payment service) from August 1.
- The real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system is meant for large-value instantaneous fund transfers, while the National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) system is used for fund transactions of up to Rs 2 lakh.
- “In order to provide an impetus to digital funds movement, SBI waived-off RTGS and NEFT charges for YONO, internet banking (INB) and mobile banking (MB) customers from July 1, 2019.
- “The bank will also waive-off IMPS charges for its INB, MB and YONO customers effective from August 1, 2019,” the state-owned lender said in a statement.
Note- About SBI
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
♦Samsung partners with Paisabazaar.com to offer financial products on Samsung Pay
- South Korean tech giant Samsung on Tuesday announced its partnership with Paisabazaar.com, an online marketplace for financial products in India.
- Paisabazaar.com will now support Samsung Pay to provide users with a one stop solution to their financial requirements.
- “Users can apply for credit cards and personal loans from the platform. The move will enable existing and potential users to get the benefit of opting for a host of financial services,” the company said in a statement.
Note- About Samsung
- Founder: Lee Byung-chul
- Founded: 1 March 1938
- Headquarters: Seoul, South Korea
♦Vikas Swarup appointed Secretary of Overseas Indian Affairs
- Senior diplomat Vikas Swarup has been appointed as Secretary, Overseas Indian Affairs, according to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry on Friday.
- Swarup, a 1986-batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service, is at present India’s High Commissioner in Ottawa.
- He has been appointed as the Secretary, (consular, passport, visa and Overseas Indian affairs) in the External Affairs Ministry with effect from August 1, 2019.
♦Reebok signs Katrina Kaif as its new brand ambassador
- Fitness brand Reebok has announced Bollywood actor Katrina Kaif as its new brand ambassador in India.
- Kaif, who trains hard for a fitter and better self each day, embodies the brand ethos and is an inspiration for today’s generation.
♦Accenture appoints Julie Sweet Chief Executive Officer
- Accenture’s board of directors announced that Julie Sweet has been appointed chief executive officer. David Rowland, currently interim chief executive officer, has been appointed executive chairman. Marge Magner, currently non-executive chair of the board, will resume her role as lead independent director. These changes are effective Sept. 1, 2019.
♦Indian Weightlifters win four gold in Commonwealth C’ships in Samoa
- In a remarkable performance, the 16-year-old Jeremy, competing in the 67 kg category, obliterated the Youth World, Asian and Commonwealth records in the snatch category with a lift of 136 kgs.
- Other Indian lifters continued impressive show by winning four golds, two silvers and a bronze. Achinta Sheuli lifted a total of 305 kgs to win the senior and junior men’s 73kg gold.
- In the women’s 76kg category, Manpreet Kaur lifted 207 kg to clinch the yellow metal.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here