Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 12 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Gurpurab 2019: Guru Nanak Dev’s 550th Birth Anniversary
- Guru Nanak Jayanti is also known as Guru Parv, Gurupurab or Guru Prakash Parv. According to the Hindu calendar, it falls on a full moon day in the month of Kartik Puranmashi. And according to the Gregorian calendar, it falls in the month of October and November. This festival is not only celebrated in India with full enthusiasm but also in various parts of the world. This year it falls on 12 November 2019.
♦Centre approves to set up four medical device parks
- The government has given approval for setting up four medical device parks with a view to support Make in India initiative and provide world-class products at affordable price for treatment.
- The four parks will be set up in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- According to estimates, the medical devices retail market in the country is of around Rs 70,000 crore. The domestic medical devices industry is very small even though India is the fourth largest market in Asia.
♦Dal Lake area declared eco-sensitive zone
- The UT administration has decided to declare world-famous Dal Lake and its surrounding areas as a “eco-sensitive zone”.
- In the context, the administration has constitution a high-level panel to finalise the draft of the notification within a month time.
- The 10-member committee will be headed by the Chief Conservator of Forests, Kashmir.
- The J&K Lakes and Waterways Development Authority, which looks after the Dal Lake, has banned construction within 200 metres from the water body.
♦President’s Rule imposed in Maharashtra
- President’s Rule has been imposed in Maharashtra after political parties failed to garner support to from govt in the state. President Ram Nath Kovind, gave his assent for imposition of president’s rule in this regard this evening. The Union Cabinet met in New Delhi to discuss the political situation in the State based on the Governor’s report and recommended the President’s Rule in Maharashtra.
- Contemplated by the provisions of Article 356 of Constitution (President’s Rule).”
♦Chaired by Mihir Shah committee to draft new water policy
- It will be chaired by Mihir Shah, who is a former Planning Commission member and a water expert. The committee has 10 principal members, including Shashi Shekhar, a former secretary of Water Resources, and A.B. Pandya, former chairman of the Central Ground Water Board. The committee is expected to produce a report within six months.
About National Water Policy 2012
- It put emphasis on the need for a national water framework law, comprehensive legislation for optimum development of inter-State rivers and river valleys, amendment of Irrigation Acts, Indian Easements Act, 1882, etc.
- It recommended setting up of Water Regulatory Authority.
- It put forward the concept of an Integrated Water Resources Management approach that took the “river basin/ sub-basin” as a unit for planning, development and management of water resources.
- It also proposed that a portion of river flows ought to be kept aside to meet ecological needs.
- It also stressed for a minimum quantity of potable water for essential health and hygiene to all its citizens to be made available within easy reach of households.
♦National Capital Region-2041 held in New Delhi
- The Centre has asked the NCR planning board to prepare the blueprint for the urban planning of Delhi 2041 in the next two years.
- “The Regional Plan-2041 would be a plan of our dreams and aspiration set in a practical context and that it must be published before mid-2021.
- As per a report by the United Nations, Delhi is slated to become the world’s largest metropolis overtaking Tokyo by 2028.
- The NCR is a distinct federal setup and covers around 55,083 sq kms of area with around 60 million population.
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP likely to grow 5% this fiscal: SBI report
- An SBI reserach report that was published on November 12 sharply cut the country’s GDP growth forecast to 5 percent for FY 2019-20 from the earlier projection of 1 percent.
- The second quarter GDP growth rate is likely to slip to 4.2 percent on account of low automobile sales, deceleration in air traffic movements, flattening of core sector growth and declining investment in construction and infrastructure, according to Ecowrap — the report from the Economic Research Department of State Bank of India (SBI).
- Economic growth rate will pick up pace in 2020-21 to 6.2 percent.
♦Javelin thrower Sundar Singh wins gold in World Para Athletics Championships
- Javelin thrower Sundar Singh Gurjar has won India’s second gold defending his World Para Athletics Championships title in the men’s F46 javelin throw event in Dubai.
- India has secured three Tokyo Paralympic Games quota, along with the bronze winner Ajeet Singh and Rinku.
♦14th Asian Championship: Shooter Saurabh bags silver in 10m air pistol
- Indian shooter Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the silver medal in men’s 10m air pistol event to continue India’s surge at the 14th Asian Championship in Doha on 11th November.
- The 17-year-old shot 244.5 to finish second on the podium behind North Korea’s Kim Song Guk, who won the gold with a world record 246.5.
♦12th November: Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day which is celebrated every year on November 12 to commemorate the first and only visit of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to All India Radio.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|